News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Here's the MLB 2020 postseason schedule:

Note that the Tampa Bay Rays (they are currently at the top of the American League East division) would very likely be the higher seed, therefore it would have the rights to host the wild card series.

All ALDS and ALCS games will be played in southern California and all NLDS, NLCS, and the World Series will be played in Texas.

Apparently, the Feds (Canadian) are handing out Quarantine exemptions with some regularity; including to the lead donors to the U.S. Republican Party.

Apprently Liz Uihlein came to Ontario in late August w/2 executives in tow and they skipped the quarantine process.

To add to this........she's is apparently anti-mask..............and.....Wisconsin, her home state, is in the midst of an outbreak of Covid.

Why are people cynical??

Sigh.

Dr. De Villa from a CTV news piece:

“She said that there has also been a rise in workplace infections, including one restaurant in which four employees and two patrons tested positive and two other unspecified establishments where there were a combined 11 cases among staff and four among patrons.”

I don’t get the secrecy around workplace cases or even residential building outbreaks. I think they should be public record not dug up ad hoc by the media.

Public health officials can't trace how roughly half of Ontario's latest COVID-19 cases got infected, even as Premier Doug Ford prepares fresh measures to try to slow the pace of spread.

Of the more than 2,300 currently active cases in Ontario:
  • The suspected method of exposure for 54 per cent of cases is either unknown, missing or labelled as "no epidemiological link," which means the novel coronavirus is being spread in the community.
  • More than one-third of active cases are among people in their 20s, even though that age group makes up only 14 per cent of the province's population.
  • More than half of active cases are in just two public health units — Toronto and Peel Region.
The data suggests that many Ontarians are currently contracting COVID-19 through unmemorable interactions with others in the course of their daily lives. Experts are worried that failing to track the source of so many new infections will hamper efforts to rein in the spread of the virus.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-19-ontario-cases-data-1.5726687

Not one bit surprised by the 300 plus cases. Take a ride on any TTC vehicle. People are ignoring social distancing signs, sitting wherever they want, pulling masks down to take a sip of coffee or not wearing a mask at all!

I've been doing a morning school run that involves the TTC. Mask compliance has generally been very good, though I usually come across some nose-out maskers, chin-strappers, cellphone yakkers, eaters, and blatant no-maskers along the way. My wife has the opposite experience in the afternoon with pickup - says mask compliance is really bad. Same routes.... so I wonder if there's a better compliance among typical rush hour commuters, and then it goes to hell with the mid-day crowd..... or if people get tired of wearing masks, or they're getting more soiled and lost during the day.

Also, I've been seeing TTC staff handing out masks in the morning at subway stations. Even offering them to people who already have 'em. No excuses anymore for not having a mask on the subway (at least in my experience the last couple of days).

Dr. De Villa from a CTV news piece:

“She said that there has also been a rise in workplace infections, including one restaurant in which four employees and two patrons tested positive and two other unspecified establishments where there were a combined 11 cases among staff and four among patrons.”

I don’t get the secrecy around workplace cases or even residential building outbreaks. I think they should be public record not dug up ad hoc by the media.

Yes! Every residential building, workplace or service selling goods should have to inform the public of a Covid outbreak period!

Windsor health unit has no problem giving information to the public......

28 Western University students test positive for coronavirus, prompting tightened restrictions

Sept 17, 2020

Western University in London, Ont., says at least 28 of its students have tested positive for the coronavirus.

In an update Thursday afternoon, the university said the majority of cases involve students who live off campus, though one student “is in residence and now in isolation.”

28 Western University students test positive for coronavirus, prompting tightened restrictions

Sept 17, 2020

Western University in London, Ont., says at least 28 of its students have tested positive for the coronavirus.

In an update Thursday afternoon, the university said the majority of cases involve students who live off campus, though one student “is in residence and now in isolation.”

Just so fundamentally unwise.

AoD

Back