News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I see people everywhere maskless breathing into each others faces...going to parties and events. Just no regard for people. I've seen my mom twice. My wife has seen her mom once. We're doing our part. Many others are not. Why bother?
To be fair, I don’t see any amount of government intervention fixing people’s selfishness. Well, intervention without people crying overreach.

To be fair, I don’t see any amount of government intervention fixing people’s selfishness. Well, intervention without people crying overreach.

Agreed, but would be nice if government officials followed their own "rules". I'm looking at Trudeau and Tory. You can't fix selfishness, but you can limit the impact of that selfishness. No stirpclubs, bars, night clubs. People having large parties with no regard for safety get stiff fines. People have been given enough time and chances to get their acts together.

Not one bit surprised by the 300 plus cases. Take a ride on any TTC vehicle. People are ignoring social distancing signs, sitting wherever they want, pulling masks down to take a sip of coffee or not wearing a mask at all!

Not a usual route I'd have to take, but I was at Finch station last Tuesday waiting for the 42 Cummer/McNicoll eastbound bus at around 6:30 PM. The TTC literally removed two buses during the wait and took them out of the service. I could tell as they've installed signs that provide a prediction for arrival on the next bus.

When the bus finally came, it accumulated to being a full bus. Fortunately, people were mindful enough so there was still gaps between seats and no one sat beside strangers in the forward facings seats. But the standing room in the front half was quite full. I've also seen other times where the driver no longer even bothers to ask oncoming passengers in the middle of the route to put on a mask.

Last edited:
Agreed, but would be nice if government officials followed their own "rules". I'm looking at Trudeau and Tory. You can't fix selfishness, but you can limit the impact of that selfishness. No stirpclubs, bars, night clubs. People having large parties with no regard for safety get stiff fines. People have been given enough time and chances to get their acts together.
I do hope the Ontario government becomes a bit stricter. Quebec instituted fines for not wearing a mask. BC closed bars and clubs. I guess there are some things we can do.
Not one bit surprised by the 300 plus cases. Take a ride on any TTC vehicle. People are ignoring social distancing signs, sitting wherever they want, pulling masks down to take a sip of coffee or not wearing a mask at all!
I’ve found mask compliance to be pretty high on the bus in Scarborough. Riding the 85, 116, and the occasional 43, I’ve seen the vast majority of people wearing mask. Distancing can be hard, though. Some buses get pretty full. The neighbourhood where I’ve seen people being the most careful has to be Agincourt. And not just on the TTC. In the supermarket and restaurants.

Don't forget Clifton Hill in Niagara Falls!

It's always crowded even with COVID-19 measures.

It is no doubt hypocrisy on the part of the Ontario government by allowing Clifton Hill to open, but not Canada's Wonderland or MarineLand.

Bloc Québécois leader, caucus in isolation after staffer tests positive for COVID-19

Sept 14, 2020

The leader of the Bloc Québécois and the party’s entire caucus are in self-isolation after a staff member tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

The preventive measure was announced Monday afternoon by the party’s spokesperson in a statement, who said members are taking the proper precautions.

“We will all be screened to ensure the health of our team and strictly adhere to public health guidelines,” said Carolane Landry in a statement. “There is no risk involved. Rest assured that we take this situation very seriously.”

Landry said the staff member who tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, works in leader Yves-François Blanchet’s office.

If cases spike and we have a resurgence across Canada (coupled with the flu) this winter I just hope the feds invoke the emergencies act to coordinate things.

Stop pandering to the provinces, assume absolute control and create a national strategy.

Etobicoke residents report three hour-long wait to get a COVID-19 test

Sept 14, 2020

Some residents waited as long as three hours to get a COVID-19 test at William Osler’s drive-thru testing centre in Etobicoke Monday.

The hospital said it has been experiencing “high volumes” at its two testing centres and is asking the public for its patience and cooperation.

While hospital staff told CTV News Toronto that the average wait time throughout the day Monday has been three hours, some people reported waiting as many as four to five hours just to get a test.

Staff members say the high traffic of people started on Monday of last week and has been busy ever since. As a result, they’ve capped admittance into the waiting line at 3:30 p.m.

“If you are not able to receive a test when you arrive, please return the following day, as per the testing centre’s process,” according to the William Osler website.

The problem is not limited to Etobicoke. The Scarborough Health Network saw long lineups at its testing site at Finch Avenue and Birchmount Road.

Trillium Health Partners in Mississauga say they’ve also seen increased volumes at all three other their assessment centre since the Labour Day weekend.

On Monday, Toronto Mayor John Tory called on the Ford government to extend hours at some COVID-19 assessment centres to allow for greater access to testing.

Part of the surge is no doubt due to labour day and even possibly the Raptors if that makes any sense; however, we will see if it’s a blip or a sustained surge.

Some systemic change is occurring but it’s glacial. Provincial and local authorities have been hit-and-miss but I have been strong in my critic of the Federal government which in my opinion has been the most absent leadership actor. They are finally starting to wake up.

The Federal government incapacitated the department responsible for disease surveillance in 2019 by altering it’s mandate and stuffing it‘s senior ranks with no doubt patronage appointments with no medical or scientific background.

Alberta's school year also off to a rough start.

Quebec is an absolute mess.

Teachers suing the province.

Back