News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Jeeez. :(

Well, I'm going to the LCBO bright and early tomorrow morning. Time to stock up for the upcoming season.

It's still nearly impossible to find lysol wipes. Everything else that was initially being hoarded has been well stocked.

It's still nearly impossible to find lysol wipes. Everything else that was initially being hoarded has been well stocked.

Yeah, I'm not even seeing the smaller containers at Dollarama anymore.

As an alternative option you can always buy baby wipes (always in stock), and mix it with the liquid version of Lysol anti-bacterial cleaner. There's videos of this on Youtube. It should do the trick.

Jeeez. :(

Well, I'm going to the LCBO bright and early tomorrow morning. Time to stock up for the upcoming season.

It's a good time now to order from Ontario wineries. Many have great prices these days. I've ordered more wine than I care to admit from Tawse - they deliver by courier. They also make gin and fruit spirits, and they are about to release their first whisky. I have also ordered from Kinsip and Traynor, both in Prince Edward county. Traynor makes interesting vermouths, though I would stay clear of their natural wines, eek.

Wife is taking my eldest daughter for a Covid test today. She has mild cold-like symptoms contracted from her Montessori. Problem is you can’t send your child back for 14 days without a negative Covid test result.

Let’s use that to do some back-of-envelop calculations for testing demand:

If there are approx. 3 million children in Ontario under 19 and 2/3 of them are in school or daycare and even a sniffle requires a Covid-19 test, each child needs two tests for schools to function until Christmas (conservative).

That works out to about 45,000 tests per day just for school children (additive to baseline). Now add caseload surge and greater workplace testing demand and we are talking about Ontario needing to be at least greater than 80,000 tests per day just to function. If we don’t hit that level now we will have an endless backlog of testing or move to rationing.

Why can a know-nothing-know-it-all like me see that while our leadership and experts cannot?

Yeah, I'm not even seeing the smaller containers at Dollarama anymore.

As an alternative option you can always buy baby wipes (always in stock), and mix it with the liquid version of Lysol anti-bacterial cleaner. There's videos of this on Youtube. It should do the trick.
Suburban stores have them. But there are other brands that work just as well. Or use any disinfectant with a cloth.

Blanchet of the Bloc Québécois is positive for COVID - I guess we can safely rule out an election for now.
Seems like people are getting complacent. An election is still possible, but it might get delayed a bit for good form. I do feel like Canadians should weigh in on our way out of this situation (the world has changed a lot since the last election), but perhaps early in the new year would be better. Also gives O'Toole time to establish himself as leader.

Seems like people are getting complacent. An election is still possible, but it might get delayed a bit for good form. I do feel like Canadians should weigh in on our way out of this situation (the world has changed a lot since the last election), but perhaps early in the new year would be better. Also gives O'Toole time to establish himself as leader.

O'Toole has also tested positive. He can take all the time he wants to establish himself, I'm never going to vote for him :)

Screenshot_20200919-074737_Twitter.jpg

Why do I keep thinking province wide regression to Stage 1.

Why do I keep thinking province wide regression to Stage 1.

Maybe not stage 1 but bars and clubs should be closed. But a few days ago, Dr. de Villa asked people to decide if their activities are really necessary, and if not, to avoid them or make them virtual - that's as close to a recommendation to stay home as we have seen in a while.

Back