News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Super spreader...

Erin O'Toole says his COVID diagnosis demonstrated the need for Canadians to remain "extremely vigilant" — but social media postings and conversations with people who met with O'Toole before his COVID diagnosis show that he interacted with dozens of people in the course of one day of travel and events in Montreal.

While the Conservatives say they won't "speculate" on how many people connected to the multi-day Montreal visit earlier this month might have contracted COVID, a source who spoke to CBC News said there are approximately 15 COVID cases related to the trip, including staff members, O'Toole himself and his wife.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/otoole-blanchet-covid-pandemic-masks-1.5738913

This is just insanity... But it is Florida.

DeSantis could have easily won the Ig Nobel Prize this year, but the award for medical education apparently didn't include country subdivision heads of government.

Ontario is reporting 435 cases of #COVID19 as more than 43,200 tests were completed. Locally, there are 131 new cases in Toronto with 110 in Peel and 45 in Ottawa. 64% of today’s cases are in people under the age of 40.

Ontario is reporting 435 cases of #COVID19 as more than 43,200 tests were completed. Locally, there are 131 new cases in Toronto with 110 in Peel and 45 in Ottawa. 64% of today’s cases are in people under the age of 40.

Hospitalizations are creeping up. Highest level in 2 months.

I think the Province should stop emphasizing the messaging of the “under-40” and number of health units “with less than” in their daily report.

I’m not against the themes but the messaging is political in a leveraging-of-numerical-illiteracy way.

Some health units have tiny populations so few cases is just as serious as dozens of cases in larger health jurisdictions. Furthermore, each age cohort has a unique profile. Lumping 0-19 into the under 40 messaging fails to identify the problem for what it is, young independent adults socializing and working under precarious conditions. Most people below the age of 19 are still under the care of their parents

I've heard of one that has already done so. It will be interesting to see. Also, what about testing for LTC visitors? It's not mentioned in the latest provincial info re testing, and the government is urging people to only go for testing if they are showing symptoms because of the line ups. So what about those who need testing for work, medical procedures and visiting? There aren't that many pharmacies that will be doing the asymptomatic testing, and most of them aren't even ready for today's scheduled start up.

Page 4 of attached guidelines.

This is just insanity... But it is Florida.

A statement that answers itself!

Some health units have tiny populations so few cases is just as serious as dozens of cases in larger health jurisdictions. Furthermore, each age cohort has a unique profile. Lumping 0-19 into the under 40 messaging fails to identify the problem for what it is, young independent adults socializing and working under precarious conditions. Most people below the age of 19 are still under the care of their parents
Yup, I'm even getting the odd text from friends/family saying "how do you stay in Toronto with those numbers?" But the fact is, by population, it is often more dangerous where they are.

I see the Wingnuts are out in force.

They can protest all they want but very few people agree with a full reopening right now and the ones that do are not people I trust.

And over in the UK.

And over in the UK.

People are getting pissed off. If there is no vaccine in 1Q21 we can expect outright rebellion from people across the globe. People know that Covid is deadly to (for the most part) the weak and old, and is spreading, and people aren’t beginning not to care.

People are getting pissed off. If there is no vaccine in 1Q21 we can expect outright rebellion from people across the globe. People know that Covid is deadly to (for the most part) the weak and old, and is spreading, and people aren’t beginning not to care.

I tend to agree.

I just bought 6 containers of 80 Lysol Wipes today in preparation for riding out this wave of the virus and I am concerned about how infectious it is however I am not willing to live my life in fear forever.

We are approaching one year since this virus was first uncovered and the world has ground to a halt ever since. I was born in 1987 and lived through SARS.

With SARS we did not wear masks, we did not lock everything down and we were not as panicky for as long. The world did not end, things did not go to hell in a handbasket and the economy did not crumble.

I am as worried as the next person but I am getting quite tired of being locked down with shortages everywhere as well as the need for masks. It is a pain in the ass and quite frankly it is getting old rather quickly.

This is obviously not going away any time soon and I am not willing to be locked down forever wearing a mask everywhere living in fear. Find a Vaccine or move on end of story.

I am not an anti-mask/anti-vaxxer but I am a realist and the fact is we cannot live this way indefinitely. For the benefit of everyone's mental health and life as we know it, we need to go back to the way life was pre-covid.

I do agree that people are going to start not giving a shit (if they haven't already). That said, while it impacts the weak and old, doesn't mean we should just walk around maskless and infect each other. That's the part of this whole thing I don't understand. No one cares until their whole family gets it and dies.

Finding a safe and effective vaccine in such a short space of time is next to impossible. So we're not going to just find one in less than a year..and frankly if we did find one I would not be taking it.

Back