News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I tend to agree.

I just bought 6 containers of 80 Lysol Wipes today in preparation for riding out this wave of the virus and I am concerned about how infectious it is however I am not willing to live my life in fear forever.

We are approaching one year since this virus was first uncovered and the world has ground to a halt ever since. I was born in 1987 and lived through SARS.

With SARS we did not wear masks, we did not lock everything down and we were not as panicky for as long. The world did not end, things did not go to hell in a handbasket and the economy did not crumble.

I am as worried as the next person but I am getting quite tired of being locked down with shortages everywhere as well as the need for masks. It is a pain in the ass and quite frankly it is getting old rather quickly.

This is obviously not going away any time soon and I am not willing to be locked down forever wearing a mask everywhere living in fear. Find a Vaccine or move on end of story.

I am not an anti-mask/anti-vaxxer but I am a realist and the fact is we cannot live this way indefinitely. For the benefit of everyone's mental health and life as we know it, we need to go back to the way life was pre-covid.

SARS? The problem here is transmission. SARS was more deadly but transmission was nowhere near that of COVID 19. Problem with COVID is it is so easily transmitted and also the number of asymptomatic people. That is the biggest problem. You can show no symptoms but have COVID and spread it. Not the case with SARS.

I lived through SARS. It was nothing like this.

I do agree that people are going to start not giving a shit (if they haven't already). That said, while it impacts the weak and old, doesn't mean we should just walk around maskless and infect each other. That's the part of this whole thing I don't understand. No one cares until their whole family gets it and dies.

Finding a safe and effective vaccine in such a short space of time is next to impossible. So we're not going to just find one in less than a year..and frankly if we did find one I would not be taking it.

As I said, it is at the point where people are exhausted, they are drained and they are just over the idea of all these restrictions. It is human nature to not want to be cooped up eventually.

At some point people are going to start saying eff it and risking it. These restrictions cannot go on indefinitely and any government who tries will be toppled.

SARS? The problem here is transmission. SARS was more deadly but transmission was nowhere near that of COVID 19. Problem with COVID is it is so easily transmitted and also the number of asymptomatic people. That is the biggest problem. You can show no symptoms but have COVID and spread it. Not the case with SARS.

I lived through SARS. It was nothing like this.

That was my point, it is much like the flu or the common cold in the way it is transmissible. It is virtually impossible to get rid of and as such something's got to give.

Do you see people locking everything down because of the flu or the common cold? The answer is no, that's because it is a recurring virus that nobody has effective means of preventing.

The point I am attempting to make here is that Covid-19 is not going away anytime soon so it's time to make the best of a bad situation.

At some point people are going to start saying eff it and risking it.
Considering out of 14 million we have as of today 100 people in hospital with Covid, I can‘t blame those people. I’m taking all the recommended precautions, but when I don’t know a single first hand person who have tested positive I almost question things, but I trust the scientists and carry on masking and distancing.

when I don’t know a single first hand person who have tested positive I almost question things, but I trust the scientists and carry on masking and distancing.

That's my thing.. I follow proper protocols but I know NOBODY who has tested positive and I have worked in various condos over the past year.

While I am not calling this a hoax, I do feel like it is overblown at times.

That's my thing.. I follow proper protocols but I know NOBODY who has tested positive ...

Same here; however, I have friends who are in the medical field (ER nurse and radiology tech) and they were directly in the middle of it and working non-stop during the 1st wave.
They saw the devastation and were constantly advising me to take proper protocols.

That's my thing.. I follow proper protocols but I know NOBODY who has tested positive and I have worked in various condos over the past year.

While I am not calling this a hoax, I do feel like it is overblown at times.

I don't know anyone who has tested positive either. I don't get your point. You brought up SARS which you were wrong about. I get it that you want your regular life back but some people don't have a life to get back to because they're dead. Until we can protect people as best we can then there will be lockdowns and restrictions. While you may not care about the old and vulnerable as you're not affected by it, many are. A lot of seemingly healthy people have some form of pre-existing condition. It would be terrible on the government to just toss those people to the curb because others want to go back to how things were.

Luckily we've done a good job of controlling the virus unlike so many other countries. You want the border open to the US? You want to open up all international flights? No masks or social distancing? We were given plenty of freedom and we showed that we can't do the right thing so the government will do it for us. I don't have a problem with it as people have shown poor judgement.

While you may not care about the old and vulnerable as you're not affected by it, many are. A lot of seemingly healthy people have some form of pre-existing condition

Actually I have a 84 year old Grandmother with Myelodysplastic Syndrome. I wear a mask anytime I am around her and actually avoid going near her. I am even suggesting ordering things online for her so she doesn't have to go outside to stores.

You want the border open to the US? You want to open up all international flights

Not to the US but select countries where the virus is under control to be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Even reopening flights and tourism within Canada so people can have some R&R.

I wanted to visit my uncle in PEI this summer but couldn't because of the bubble.

As I said, it is at the point where people are exhausted, they are drained and they are just over the idea of all these restrictions. It is human nature to not want to be cooped up eventually.

At some point people are going to start saying eff it and risking it. These restrictions cannot go on indefinitely and any government who tries will be toppled.

Being "cooped up" in order to save lives is an insignificant hardship compared to what millions of people go through routinely throughout the world, every day. My advice for those entitled, weak-minded people would be to settle down and take a pill.

Being "cooped up" in order to save lives is an insignificant hardship compared to what millions of people go through routinely throughout the world, every day. My advice for those entitled, weak-minded people would be to settle down and take a pill.

I'm as strong minded as anyone however after 7 months of this..

We are not cooped up. We can go plenty of places. You can even fly somewhere on vacation despite border “closings”. We have never had the kind of restrictions that they had in other countries where you needed a pass to leave the house. Sure, there have been some inconveniences, and in the early days there was fear of catching the virus while grocery shopping, but we know much more about how it spreads now.

Ontario is reporting 491 cases of #COVID19 as more than 42,500 tests were completed. Locally, there are 137 new cases in Toronto with 131 in Peel, 58 in Ottawa and 58 in York Region. 63% of today’s cases are in people under the age of 40.

Ontario is reporting 491 cases of #COVID19 as more than 42,500 tests were completed. Locally, there are 137 new cases in Toronto with 131 in Peel, 58 in Ottawa and 58 in York Region. 63% of today’s cases are in people under the age of 40.

One would have thought with the sprawl in Peel Region, it should be less. Peel Region had a population of 1.382 million in 2016, while Toronto had a population of 2.93 million in 2017, so on a per capita basis, Peel Region is a dangerous place for contacting COVID-19.

We are not cooped up. We can go plenty of places. You can even fly somewhere on vacation despite border “closings”. We have never had the kind of restrictions that they had in other countries where you needed a pass to leave the house. Sure, there have been some inconveniences, and in the early days there was fear of catching the virus while grocery shopping, but we know much more about how it spreads now.

Yep, it's an minor inconvenience which saves lives and protects the vulnerable. The virus may not kill a healthy person, but It can cause permanent damage to your internal organs and loss of smell and taste. So yeah, i can put up with the mask and social distancing. Even for another year or so.

My friend invited me to her husband's 30th birthday get together at bar patio yesterday. I turned it down. She says " oh we will be outdoors on the patio" I don't care! I don't know where his friends have been, they could have been in Florida for all i know. I live with a high-risk person. It's not worth it.

Back