News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Whatever they are (and I am not sure what they are) - they turned out to be as effective as the Maginot Line.

In the Maginot Line's defense (pun intended), it's quite effective as a learning aid of what not to do in mobile warfare and has served as a great tourist attraction (granted nobody is traveling nowadays). Just different perspectives!

As part of the government's recent announcement, they said family members could (should) get registered as caregivers, but they would need training (the only mention was the proper way to don and doff PPE). My father-in-law is at Sunnybrook Veteran's Centre. My wife spoke to staff last night and that conversation was the first they had heard about it. Nobody knows what a 'registered caregiver' is, how one gets registered, trained, etc. All of this before Monday coming. At least she has a Saturday visit scheduled to get just under the wire.

Yes, I saw that but, as is often the case, the devil is in the details. If it is as simple as declaring oneself one of two people allowed to visit and some form of PPE training (given by someone) then fine, but as now, this is completely unknown to both sides of the process.

We have seen that with COVID testing; we have seen it with school policies; we are now seeing it with LTC visitation rules. These doesn't look like a well-planned and well communicated strategy (which would have been distributed well in advance of the second wave); this sounds like someone from the top who have no idea what to do pulling stuff out of their a**es and seeing what sticks. 6 months and we *still* haven't figured out how to do visitation as a province? Give. me. a. break.

AoD

Ontario is reporting 538 cases of #COVID19 as more than 39,600 tests were completed. Locally, there are 229 new cases in Toronto with 101 in Peel, 66 in Ottawa and 43 in York Region. 60% of today’s cases are in people under the age of 40.

Good news, a slight downward shift in new case growth, relatively low positivity rate (1.04%)

Bad news, hospitalizations up noticeably again, though ICU levels are remaining relatively stable.

Perhaps worse news..........the testing backlog is way, way up .....cresting 80,000.

Were those numbers factored in, one can assume reasonably there would be many more new cases.

This why i'm staying home as much as possible. More and more resturants and stores are getting hit with Covid outbreaks.

This why i'm staying home as much as possible. More and more resturants and stores are getting hit with Covid outbreaks.

They usually undergo a thorough cleaning and disinfection. I would wait the 14 days before returning to the establishments.

I think what we are seeing is a general rise in community infections and we are just better at identifying the rise this time around. It's still early so we will see how it goes. I'm very interested in the school and daycare numbers (apart from the fact that I have two kids in daycare). It's an excellent and very transparent source of public data and may represent a highly useful sentinel and community spread proxy.

Preliminarily what is interesting is how geographically wide-spread infections are and how solitary they are. What I mean is that at least in the GTA Covid is everywhere and yet most cases are isolated and as of yet aren't breaking out in school facilities. Also, the ratio of kids-to-staff infected at the moment is 3.6 to 1 meaning if class sizes are 20 students Staff are showing up as infected at rates of 5.6 times that of kids.

From the Star:

Violations of this sort by health workers are fireable offences. I wonder how many members of the police will end up with that fate?/s

AoD

Many people are using Zoom or whatever to have conference calls theses days. Got a chuckle from this article dated May 15, 2020.

Businessman unwittingly soaps up in the shower in front of Brazil's President Bolsonaro after forgetting to switch his camera off during Zoom meeting with industry chiefs

From link.

28430094-0-image-a-15_1589543610259.jpg

A businessman accidentally left his camera on while taking a shower (bottom right) during a Zoom conference call with Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro

A businessman accidentally left his camera on while taking a shower during a Zoom conference call with Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro.

The embarrassing slip-up happened during a virtual meeting organised by Paulo Skaf, the president of the Federation of Industries of the State of Sao Paulo.

A screen grab of the call shows a shirtless man - reportedly one of the federation's advisers - next to 24 other stone-faced officials.

It is unclear why the man's shower was in view of his webcam.

Mr Skaf was interrupted by the President who spotted the naked man onscreen, local media reported.

He reportedly said: 'Paulo, there's a colleague there in the last little square. He left, is he okay?'

The Minister of Industry, Paulo Guedes then said: 'There is a guy having a shower there, naked.

'There's a naked guy there, isolating naked at home, great.

'The guy was getting hot with the conversation, so he went to take a cold shower.'...

I resumed using Instacart and other delivery services... Unfortunately, I had to go to Michael Garron Hospital yesterday from Bay and Bloor. In the first subway car, there was an unfortunate man, obviously homeless, who kept scratching himself continuously and who was maskless, shirtless, and quite odoriferous. I changed cars at the next station, only to sit a few seats away from a younger man wearing his mask under his chin, who then saw a friend and started a loud conversation with him. The third car was the charm... until I got to the hospital, where a maskless middle-aged lady pushing an older lady in a wheelchair right in front of me barged through the main entrance unchallenged. Then I lined up in a socially distanced way for the screening - unfortunately, the screener lanes are so close together that no distancing is possible when you are actually talking to the staff and answering their questions.

In other words, we are surrounded by idiots and/or sloppy people, and it is no wonder that the situation is getting worse. I'll be staying home from now on.

Back