News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Stupid is when someone does the same thing as before and expects a different outcome.
AoD

I don't disagree; though just for the slightly pedantic sake of it.............the quote is:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Note that I'm not offering the usual attribution to Einstein as that appears to be a misattribution.

Though there seems to be dispute as to the original author of said statement.

Attachments

• 1601834075118.png
    1601834075118.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 215
What's needed is a cessation of high risk activities in GTA and Ottawa - and that is dine-in, gyms, large gatherings of *any* kind without or without masks

I agree.

The fact is if you are sitting in a restaurant your mask is off. That's unavoidable and a hazard.

Gyms are another thing altogether. You can't work out with a mask on and breathe properly.

A 2nd lockdown won't work for more than a few weeks and after that, it will fall apart back into what is going on in Europe which is a ton of cases anyways where it seems a lot of people have gone "screw it".

So i am suggesting pushing too many restrictions does not work long term.

(that is why I think targeted restrictions on a known spread like parties rather than shaming people for meeting their bf which would really hit people mentally).

If public tolerance for strict restrictions is near a limit already, a 2nd lockdown will pretty much end all tolerance for it I think. We know the govt in Canada is not going to go the extremes to force it on people, these rules have to largely follow by public cooperation.

We need to create a paradigm that can be sustainable until the spring.

Last edited:
A 2nd lockdown won't work for more than a few weeks and after that, it will fall apart back into what is going on in Europe which is a ton of cases anyways where it seems a lot of people have gone "screw it".

(that is why I think targeted restrictions on a known spread like parties rather than shaming people for meeting their bf which would really hit people mentally).

If public tolerance for strict restrictions is near a limit already, a 2nd lockdown will pretty much end all tolerance for it I think. We know the govt in Canada is not going to go the extremes to force it on people, these rules have to largely follow by public cooperation.

The virus don't give a damn about your paradigm, it only operates on the basis of biology. If you don't even attempt to enforce restrictions and rollback- with the goal of avoiding lockdown - you will end up with a situation where lockdown is inevitable. Targeted restriction that you can't even articulate clearly, that is operationally confusing, that no one cares about or follows is just window dressing to look like someone is doing something - all the while the pandemic grinds on inexorably to its' logical conclusion. The ultimate BS caller, in other words - like it called the BS that is the current provincial government's most comprehensive plan.

AoD

If we keep going down this path of doing half measures this won't get back to normal for years not saying a complete lock down is needed but strict measures are if we want to get a handle on this.

I understand and feel for people in Northern Ontario where the have very few cases but because of whats happening in the Gta and Ottawa they will suffer.

Algonquin expected it and warned people about it. It’s always a mess there this time of year, but with restricted capacity it wasn’t surprising.

I understand and feel for people in Northern Ontario where the have very few cases but because of whats happening in the Gta and Ottawa they will suffer.

The issue is as I said there is nothing else to do and going outdoors is rather safe.

I literally went on a tour of local parks like Rockwood, Elora Gorge, Halton Hills, Crawford Lake, Rattlesnake point this past month and they were very very busy.

I have never seen as many people go to parks in and around Ontario as this year in my life.

The issue is as I said there is nothing else to do and going outdoors is rather safe.

I literally went on a tour of local parks like Rockwood, Elora Gorge, Halton Hills, Crawford Lake, Rattlesnake point this past month and they were very very busy.

I have never seen as many people go to parks in and around Ontario as this year in my life.

I think going to parks over all is safe if your smart unlike what did happen at a Ottawa park this summer where there was a bbq and 40 people got Covid.

If it wasn’t serious it would be hilarious watching the bureaucrats and politicians squirm around trying to say something while saying nothing.

Here’s the kind of messaging the public needs in Toronto:

Cancel all Thanksgiving festivities. Under no circumstances should people in Toronto meet with or have dinner with others for thanksgiving outside people from their own household. That includes friends and relatives. We are at a critical juncture in this pandemic wave and we know with 100 percent certainty from previous holidays that this will have devastating effect spreading Covid-19 to vulnerable members of society. Cancel. End stop. No exceptions.

If it wasn’t serious it would be hilarious watching the bureaucrats and politicians squirm around trying to say something while saying nothing.

Here’s the kind of messaging the public needs in Toronto:

Cancel all Thanksgiving festivities. Under no circumstances should people in Toronto meet with or have dinner with others for thanksgiving outside people from their own household. That includes friends and relatives. We are at a critical juncture in this pandemic wave and we know with 100 percent certainty from previous holidays that this will have devastating effect spreading Covid-19 to vulnerable members of society. Cancel. End stop. No exceptions.

The issue is a lot of people won't do it unless it is actually banned.

I know for Thanksgiving people are planning a lot of travelling in and around Ontario as they see it as the last big hurrah before winter shutdown.

Back