News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The issue is people been doing that for 6 months mostly already.
So what? After the first three months I’d settled into the groove and routine. I could keep this up another six months easy before going stir crazy.

You can interact with your family, small groups are permitted. Just not the large gatherings of cousins, their spouses and their snotty kids. I visit my brother in Bloor West, we sit in his yard, just the two of us, have a pint and then split.

I am not saying I want to party but to deny people miss interacting with their friends and family if there was no danger is rather out of touch.
---
The whole goal is not to stop covid 19, its just to ensure our hospitals stay fine.

How do you know there was no danger? You can't tell if someone is a carrier, and you yourself wouldn't know - unless you have tested - that you have caught it, is asymptomatic and spread it to others.
---
And yes, yes, to make sure the hospitals stay fine - so now they won't be if the trajectory continues, and we have to shut things down again. That will be the story for the next year or so if you don't eradicate it from the community, but you seem not to even want to accept that reality - which is either be ready to shut things down when there is an uptick in cases to short-circuit the wave; or pursue total eradication of community spread and vigilance to keep tabs on new clusters and isolate them.

Said it before, and will say it again - COVID is the best bulls**t caller - you can't pretend your way out - and it just called BS on the provincial government's rhetoric of best planning ever. Best planning don't end up an new case rate higher than when we actually didn't have a plan (March/April) and a government hastily calling a long-weekend press conference announcing closures.

AoD

Last edited:
I haven’t missed interacting with friends and family. We’ve had many backyard visits, gone for bike rides, strolled the boardwalk, even met on a patio once or twice. You don’t have to have large indoor parties in order to have social interaction.

I am not going to dismiss that wanting large indoor parties and gatherings is important to some (I hate them personally, but for some people and cultures, it is central to social life). The problem is COVID doesn't care about what you want - how it spread is driven by behaviour, and some behaviour is riskier than others and facilitate spread.

AoD

I get that but now is not the time. Just saying that there are alternatives like meeting outdoors as opposed to indoors. I was just walking some trails and saw many large family groups enjoying the weather.

whether it’s business or our personal lives, we need to figure out how to do some things differently. The same old same old just isn’t feasible right now.

I wonder how long people are going to deal with these restrictions? I can see people hitting the streets if we see more cases and more restrictions with no end to this thing in sight.

I wonder how long people are going to deal with these restrictions? I can see people hitting the streets if we see more cases and more restrictions with no end to this thing in sight.

Personally I wish they would do what they did in Madrid where they locked down the city and put law enforcement officials on the street to enforce it.

If Ontario were to lockdown Toronto and request the OPP and Military enforce it, you can bet your ass cases would nosedive and all those anti-maskers would be jailed.

Anti-maskers: But my freedom of mobility! It's more important than the welfare of the populace! Screw them!

Anyone with a brain: Having a sanitary society is a higher priority than the freedom of mobility.

Last edited:
Personally I wish they would do what they did in Madrid where they locked down the city and put law enforcement officials on the street to enforce it.

If Ontario were to lockdown Toronto and request the OPP and Military enforce it, you can bet your ass cases would nosedive and all those anti-maskers would be jailed.

I'm not so sure that's a good idea at this point. We lock down and then what? Wha tis the end game? We can see that without a vaccine, cases will go right back up so are we going to lockdown forever or just do rolling lockdowns. Just not practical IMO and even if we did even stricter lockdowns for longer back in March, we would still be at this point because of lack of testing, contact tracing and missteps from our leaders.

I don't see an end to this unless a vaccine comes out or we learn to live with it.

I'm not so sure that's a good idea at this point. We lock down and then what? Wha tis the end game? We can see that without a vaccine, cases will go right back up so are we going to lockdown forever or just do rolling lockdowns. Just not practical IMO and even if we did even stricter lockdowns for longer back in March, we would still be at this point because of lack of testing, contact tracing and missteps from our leaders.

I don't see an end to this unless a vaccine comes out or we learn to live with it.
Once the vaccine is available, how would it be distributed? It would be a logistical nightmare.

Once the vaccine is available, how would it be distributed? It would be a logistical nightmare.

It will be a nightmare so it's best we learn that we are going to have to live with it. We'll need to keep some restrictions but the govenrment doesn't seem to talk about endgames because they're doing this whole thing on the fly. 'flatten the curve' OK...and then what?

No more than another vaccine. We didn’t have flu vaccines until a decade or so ago, when urgency was driven by more than a thousand Canadians dying annually from the flu. There wasn’t a panic to get it.

I assume the government will vaccinate the weak and old. Followed by health care workers. Then the rest of us.

Like the flu shot is. Pharmacies and doctor offices. Through schools. At LTC homes. Get public health involved. There are likely to be a number of people who won’t get it.

People need to get a grip - this is gentle stuff compared to real travails like the Second World War - where we have rationing, censorship, and all manners of restriction to freedoms.

In any case, the vaccine is almost on the horizon - and that's the end game.

I am less concerned about distribution - I am more concerned about anti-vaxxers.

Like the flu shot is. Pharmacies and doctor offices. Through schools. At LTC homes. Get public health involved. There are likely to be a number of people who won’t get it.

It will have to be more massive and organized than that - I can see something like mass scale vaccination centres - where you will be scheduled to get your dose at your local vaccination centre.

AoD

Last edited:

Back