News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Other things that I have been told by my coworker who’s parents received their shots at a Shoppers. Some stores offer wait lists. Others do not and only offer a limited number of shots for walk-ins only. Apparently it is up to store management.
Yes, this adds to the fun. I have to sign up for individual store waitlists rather than being able to have a central waitlist for, say, stores within 25 km of me. There are about 15 stores within that radius, so I have to go one by one setting up the waitlist. I know from previous experience that I wasn't ever contacted via a waitlist!

I checked the family health team where I received my second dose. They don't know if and when they will receive any supply.

Vaccine Hunters came up empty for me as well. Everything local is booking into mid February (via the portal and individual pharmacies)

I stopped at my small local pharmacy, and they are overwhelmed. They have no supply so aren't booking appointments until they know what supply they receive. People are so rude to them, taking out their frustrations on the front line staff.

All of this could have been avoided by opening up appointments based on the supply chain rather than creating a Hunger Games scenario.

I did get my flu shot though!

Last edited:
Yes, this adds to the fun. I have to sign up for individual store waitlists rather than being able to have a central waitlist for, say, stores within 25 km of me. There are about 15 stores within that radius, so I have to go one by one setting up the waitlist. I know from previous experience that I wasn't ever contacted via a waitlist!

I checked the family health team where I received my second dose. They don't know if and when they will receive any supply.

Vaccine Hunters came up empty for me as well. Everything local is booking into mid February (via the portal and individual pharmacies)

I stopped at my small local pharmacy, and they are overwhelmed. They have no supply so aren't booking appointments until they know what supply they receive. People are so rude to them, taking out their frustrations on the front line staff.

All of this could have been avoided by opening up appointments based on the supply chain rather than creating a Hunger Games scenario.

I did get my flu shot though!
And just last month, we were throwing away doses…

I was surprised that we had inventory to start immediate third doses. If we’d shared those doses with Africa we might not have the Omicron variant and not need the booster.
They have a lot of trouble using them in time, and have destroyed several million doses so far because of it. Look how long it is taking to distribute the boosters here in Ontario. Now imagine a country like Nigeria with 200 million people and very poor infrastructure trying to handle a shipment of 50 million vaccine doses. They would need two weeks just to get those out from the airport to a long term storage centre. Then they need a month to get those in refrigerated trucks out to distribution centres across the country. At that point they are days away from expiration, so you have a handful of staff to give the one hundred thousand vaccine doses to local people. The math doesn't work. They need a slow and steady supply but the COVAX scheme dumps 10 million doses on their doorstep which all expire before they can use more than a handful.

I was surprised that we had inventory to start immediate third doses. If we’d shared those doses with Africa we might not have the Omicron variant and not need the booster.
The problem is not quantity. South Africa had a surplus so big they asked countries to stop sending them.. The problem was in-country distribution and large amounts of vaccine hesitancy. We need to send people and resources, not more vaccines, whether that's on a country-by-country basis, or UN Relief.

They have a lot of trouble using them in time, and have destroyed several million doses so far because of it. Look how long it is taking to distribute the boosters here in Ontario. Now imagine a country like Nigeria with 200 million people and very poor infrastructure trying to handle a shipment of 50 million vaccine doses. They would need two weeks just to get those out from the airport to a long term storage centre. Then they need a month to get those in refrigerated trucks out to distribution centres across the country. At that point they are days away from expiration, so you have a handful of staff to give the one hundred thousand vaccine doses to local people. The math doesn't work. They need a slow and steady supply but the COVAX scheme dumps 10 million doses on their doorstep which all expire before they can use more than a handful.
Then we should have never allowed flights or boats from Africa to enter European or American territory.

Stupidity, ideological, political, take your pick. I frequent a forum that is mostly US contributors and largely made up of trades, rural folk; you know, 'good ol' boys'. The distrust of government, distain for government intrusion into their lives; distrust of science; you know, 'freedom baby', is rampant. Many wouldn't take these 'experimental drugs' if it was wrapped in a $100 bill.

Part deux: https://www.dallasobserver.com/news...re-drinking-toxic-chemicals-en-masse-13038506

Wait till they find out Clorox is owned by P&G...

AoD

NHL pausing games until after Christmas. Looking less likely that NHL players will participate in the Beijing Olympics.

I think they are at 99% not going now. We'll get some collection of Canadians that play in European leagues again. Should be... interesting to watch. Though considering most games will be on in the early morning, I probably wont, although working from home may facilitate it if they start at like 6:00 a.m.

EDIT: Media now reporting it is official NHL players will not go to the Olympics.

Last edited:

Why are we not just mailing one to each household?

One kit to test one person one time doesn't really work though. Many households will need a lot, some households need none.
I suspect a lot of people in those lines don't need one, or at least they don't need one "now". They are getting it "just in case," or for the future. I wonder how many of these will wind up unused in a drawer? They will be saved for when needed until this is all over and they aren't.
There isn't any magic way to do this where everyone gets one immediately. The correct way was to start distribution months, if not a whole year ago, but, once again, our "science advisory panel" said that was an abhorrent idea, and only doctors in hazmat suits could ever test people. Add this to the very long list of "science and evidence-based" decisions by these geniuses that have been reversed outright because it turned out they were actually "ignorance-based."

Last edited:
Reactions: DSC

Back