News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Then you're the asshole. The vast majority of people out of work do need it.

I'm an asshole for applying for EI when I was laid off? ????????

Wow, projecting much?

Sorry for contributing to society and accepting that which I am entitled to. There are people who contribute nothing and accept entitlements, so excuse me for not feeling bad. ?

Laid off? "I chose to shut us down."
You literally said you didn't need it and feel entitled to it. So yes, you are.

Yeah, we chose to shut down because we couldn't ensure the health and safety of employees and as I'm an employee of the corporation, I was laid off as well.

Settle down, mate.

I think this fits here as 'Canadian' news...........

Sooo..........

Some communities get all the good stuff............others...........not so much..............

Remember that city at the heart of the AB oilsands industry..............that got badly hit by ferocious wildfires just a few years back..........?

That's the same place that the last 12 months plus has been dealing with ever lower oil prices harming its economic lifeblood........

Well, Fort McMurray is now calling for emergency military assistance..........issuing emergency evacuation orders due to flooding, and a boil-water advisory due to contamination.

I was expecting to read about flooding caused by the lack of groundcover and soil damage caused by the area's wildfire a few years ago. One would think a higher power is saying folks shouldn't live there. Seriously, that's the problem when you build near a watercourse, particularly one that drains out of the mountains. "once in a century" seems to becoming a common phrase these days.

I was expecting to read about flooding caused by the lack of groundcover and soil damage caused by the area's wildfire a few years ago. One would think a higher power is saying folks shouldn't live there. Seriously, that's the problem when you build near a watercourse, particularly one that drains out of the mountains. "once in a century" seems to becoming a common phrase these days.
I used to live in Fredericton, NB and every year much of the city's waterfront would flood and down by Gagetown. I would question, why, why when we have such a massive and mostly uninhabited country do we build on flood plains? I bought my Fredericton house way up on the hill.

Back