News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Mark Carney reminds me a lot of Michael Ignatieff. A brilliant thinker who spent time abroad and might not have the political “chops” to be a politician. I also think Carney’s tenure as a VP at Goldman Sachs could be political poison for the Grits and a gift for the NDP.
He reminds me more of Bill Morneau, rich, well connected and yet thoroughly disconnected from regular Canadians and the optics he presents.

You could be right, but he does have experience in the machinations of bureaucracy, whereas Ignatieff was more of an academic. I don't think he would be as much as a naïf. He's also wouldn't be running for leadership (yet).

A Carney vs. Freeland succession battle, similar to Martin vs. Copps, would be fun to watch from the bleachers.

A Carney vs. Freeland succession battle, similar to Martin vs. Copps, would be fun to watch from the bleachers.

Freeland and Carney are close.

I can't see them going up against one another.

Freeland is a bit lacking in charisma to be PM. She may be competent but she has a bit of an odd manner about her. Maybe she can get coaching on that. To be fair, Harper was pretty low charisma but his base was highly motivated and the Liberals were very weak.

Apparently, without any public debate, we (Canada) are joining the U.S. Ballistic Missle defense system.

I'm not sure I draw the same straight line that Byers does. The BMD system as commonly understood is a ground-based continental 'umbrella'. The fact that the RCN has chosen to use the same radar system - for Area Air Defence - , to me, speaks more to interoperability with several other allied nations. Perhaps if we propose to buy the long-range SM-3, or we plan to install land-based systems, then that discussion can take place. The F-18 is certified to deliver nuclear weapons, but that doesn't mean we have been marching down that road since we bought them in the 1980s.

So, the PM shaved and got a haircut. Signs of an election soon?

I doubt it. More than likely he is getting it cut before the Sigma Eta Iota Tau +++ variant hits us and we need to close back up again.

Bonus points for anyone who can translate that acronym (Sigma Eta Iota Tau) from Greek into English.

Last edited:
I doubt it. More than likely he is getting it cut before the Sigma Eta Iota Tau +++ variant hits us and we need to close back up again.

Bonus points for anyone who can translate that acronym (Sigma Eta Iota Tau) from Greek into English.
You have 2 consonants and 1 vowel that are clearly identifiable without extensive knowledge of the Greek alphabet, and there are only so many English words that fits.

AoD

Reactions: DSC

Back