News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

How will this work for rural Canadians? They have no bus or rail service to the North, and now they can’t drive the distance either? Or those who do long road trips to the cottage or the Carolinas for vacation, etc? Is this the end of the family road trip? And what of commercial trucks, those dump trucks we see spewing out black smoke at the condo sites?

However, unless there’s a massive cull of existing cars the used car market will be huge. My 2000 VW is still going strong, and will likely last to 2025. At which time I’ll buy another used gas car that will take me into the 2040s.

How will this work for rural Canadians? They have no bus or rail service to the North, and now they can’t drive the distance either? Or those who do long road trips to the cottage or the Carolinas for vacation, etc? Is this the end of the family road trip? And what of commercial trucks, those dump trucks we see spewing out black smoke at the condo sites?

However, unless there’s a massive cull of existing cars the used car market will be huge. My 2000 VW is still going strong, and will likely last to 2025. At which time I’ll buy another used gas car that will take me into the 2040s.

They'll either have to stop for a quick recharge, or plan on spending the night along the way.
Top range is like 600km now. That's almost from Winnipeg to Thunder Bay. 7 hours of driving.

1) The law only covers 'new sales' not what is permitted on-road.
In theory, you'll be able to buy a gas-based car up to Dec 31, 2034.
It won't be illegal to drive it the next day.

2) Range will almost certainly expand. It has been expanding in recent years. I don't have the expertise in the field to suggest what's realistic........but I'm fairly certain its well above current ranges.

3) Charging will be available at intermediate points along journeys.

If all of the above don't work out to be true, I'm sure you'll see regional exceptions to the rules.

Last edited:
^ And (he said without seeing the legislation), it only applies to passenger vehicles. Range (particularly, in this discussion, for RVs and trailering) and charging speed will have to improve, and probably will, Tourism is a large part of the economy for both countries and likely won't be allowed to wither.

In theory, you'll be able to buy a gas-based car up to Dec 31, 2034.

Even longer, as it's only "new vehicle" sales banned after that date. You will be able to buy used fuel-basd cars for years after that.

Last edited:
Error the Tool thinks he can win a majority by bashing CERB benefits. Does he know how many people relied on those payments?

Error the Tool thinks he can win a majority by bashing CERB benefits. Does he know how many people relied on those payments?

Yep. If not for enhanced EI, I would been up the creek last year.

I honestly think that with O'toole leading the party they will tank miserably. He thinks he is in sync with Canadians when in reality he is talking out of his ass.

Don't worry, once the election comes and they have a 93 style defeat he will be turfed.

Yep. If not for enhanced EI, I would been up the creek last year.

I honestly think that with O'toole leading the party they will tank miserably. He thinks he is in sync with Canadians when in reality he is talking out of his ass.

Don't worry, once the election comes and they have a 93 style defeat he will be turfed.
The federal conservative party is a total disaster after Harper buggered off.

To be fair, I don't think the folks on this forum are in the target demo for the CPC.

FEDERAL POLITICS

Mary Simon named Canada’s 30th governor general, the first Indigenous person to hold post​

In conjunction with today's other news ( not one, but 2 pressers, one for the PM and another on VIA by the Minister............)

You can feel the election coming.

The only real question, is it September or October?

I was hearing the latter...........but a call the week after the August Holiday weekend is seemingly increasingly likely, that would put the likely date in week 2 of September.

We shall see.

Back