News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.6K     0 

The thing is there is a $10000 requirement to prove you can support yourself in Canada. This needs to be raised to $50000 or even $75000

Many years ago when that requirement was put in place, $10000.00 was doable but now it is not. Realistically you need $50000.00 or $75000.00 annually to survive and this should be a requirement.

1) There's lots of soft fraud here. People just get money from a friend. Show their bank statement. And then send the money back.

2) Most of those moving here don't have any intention to abuse the system. They'll simply work and fund their way through. There's always a few though.

The students are being told to go the food banks. They're more naive than leaches.

No. They are leeches. They know it's wrong. Believe me. Some of videos even tell them to go and lie and say they are poor. This is what happens with people who think scamming is just fine come to a high trust society.

It's amazing how scamming is ingrained into the Indian culture.

I don't think it's ingrained into the culture. At least not with the Indian family and friends I have.

But, unfortunately, when you move people from a low trust to high trust society, character gets revealed. People that are honest, remain so. People that are crooks and scammers, become unfettered.

1) There's lots of soft fraud here. People just get money from a friend. Show their bank statement. And then send the money back.

2) Most of those moving here don't have any intention to abuse the system. They'll simply work and fund their way through. There's always a few though.

No. They are leeches. They know it's wrong. Believe me. Some of videos even tell them to go and lie and say they are poor. This is what happens with people who think scamming is just fine come to a high trust society.
A friend's brother recently came to Canada on a student visa. He was working full-time and using the foodbank. He also bought $1000 Beyonce tickets. So leech, yes.

A friend's brother recently came to Canada on a student visa. He was working full-time and using the foodbank. He also bought $1000 Beyonce tickets. So leech, yes.

You should tell your friend that it's wrong that his brother is using the food bank. The only thing that stops these people is shame (another big part of Indian culture). He is bragging about his brother using the food back because he thinks it makes his brother look smart. Shame him and he'll never brag about it again. You don't even have to be very direct about it. "It's so wrong when people abuse the food bank. It's so sad for really poor people."

I'll tell you a personal story. When I was a kid in Grade 2, I once lied to the lunch lady. It wasn't a big deal. My mom had given me a juice box and it didn't have a straw. I lied and told the lunch lady that I had purchased the juice box from her. She gave me a straw. On the way home from school, I bragged to my dad about how I had outwitted the lunch lady. The next day, my father showed up at school and made me apologize to the lunch lady in front of the whole class for lying. My dad didn't care that it was a straw. He cared that I was learning the wrong values. And he knew shame in front of my peers would correct me quick.

You should tell your friend that it's wrong that his brother is using the food bank. The only thing that stops these people is shame (another big part of Indian culture). He is bragging about his brother using the food back because he thinks it makes his brother look smart. Shame him and he'll never brag about it again. You don't even have to be very direct about it. "It's so wrong when people abuse the food bank. It's so sad for really poor people."
When we discussed it, we both agreed that it was wrong. The brother doesn't listen to my friend about anything. He was definitely not bragging about it, more sharing something outrageous his brother was doing.

When we discussed it, we both agreed that it was wrong. The brother doesn't listen to my friend about anything. He was definitely not bragging about it, more sharing something outrageous his brother was doing.

That's good to hear. It must be hard for your friend to deal with his brother's poor behaviour.

Employers wouldn’t need to worry about Canadian experience if the Feds and their quota-driven embassies vetted candidates and issued equivalency certificates/credentials before acceptance.

Paywall free: https://archive.is/yPKmL

If you’re trained as a nurse in India and, for example Manitoba needs nurses, the embassy should be able to run the exact same equivalency testing for the Manitoba college of nurses. And if our candidate passes, the embassy then works with the government of Manitoba to accredit and hire our new nurse (before they depart) and help them settle. That’s how you avoid employers worrying about Canadian experience, and how you seamlessly bring people over - linking people with accredited skills and jobs before they come.

Last edited:

The Han Dong saga continues to be interesting. I’m curious why he still hasn’t been left back into caucus.

I think it’s possible that Dong’s decision to visit the Chinese Embassy without the permission of the PMO could be a factor.

Justin Trudeau is a problem for his party — and even if he quits, it might not save the Liberals, poll suggests​

As the Liberals continue to slump under Trudeau, a pollster says it appears that “too many people are just finished with him,” Susan Delacourt writes.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/po...9cc6bd56.html?li_source=LI&li_medium=politics

It’s fascinating how many articles posted this week by The Star about the Liberals sagging at the polls.

Canada needs immigrants. It also needs a plan for the influx of new Canadians.​

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/edi...0a350602-996f-513b-b437-cc7f640c6a62.amp.html

Marc Miller characterized it as a mere piece of housekeeping. Canadians were telling his Liberal government, he said, to “be a little more organized”and plan a little better when it comes to immigration policy.
The real numbers eclipse permanent resident targets. Canada’s population hit 40 million last summer, part of the largest year-over-year percentage increase in population in 66 years, with the country on a path to double its population in 25 years. The 2.2 million non-permanent residents living in this country on July 1, 2023, comprised largely of temporary workers and international students, was up 46 per cent over the previous year. They now outnumber Indigenous Canadians.

Miller agrees his government has become “quite addicted” to temporary foreign workers and mused about capping the number of international students in this country, now estimated at 900,000. The temporary workers too often find abusive working conditions. Students are too often lured to private colleges with fraudulent claims only to receive substandard education and false hope.

Miller has promised renewed scrutiny on those issues, but the larger picture also needs greater scrutiny. Yes, we are getting older and workers are needed, including those who can fill what the government estimates is a shortfall of 100,000 needed to build homes. But those workers, too, need some place to live, adding more pressure on the market. The Liberal argument that growing immigration means a growing economy is also being questioned, because Canadians’ personal standard of living has not grown with an influx of new arrivals.

Don’t you just love it when the governing party has no idea what they are doing and are trying to address the problem they created.

Justin Trudeau is a problem for his party — and even if he quits, it might not save the Liberals, poll suggests​

As the Liberals continue to slump under Trudeau, a pollster says it appears that “too many people are just finished with him,” Susan Delacourt writes.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/po...9cc6bd56.html?li_source=LI&li_medium=politics

It’s fascinating how many articles posted this week by The Star about the Liberals sagging at the polls.

Short of a national crisis, almost nothing can save the Liberals.

If they were smart, caucus would force Trudeau out and they would begin a leadership race. Take Trudeau out of the equation and the CPC has one less thing to squak about.

That being said, if the Liberals were smart they would put strict controls on immigration and housing purchases (such as citizenship and residency requirements)

They need to do something to show they are serious about fixing issues not just ignoring them if they want to get a boost in the polls.

What I don't get it is why the Liberals think that the status quo is good enough. The Liberal caucus is either ignorant or stupid if they think that their current policies are working.

It is not like only a few people are squaking about how bad life is in Canada right now. It is a national issue yet for some reasons the Liberals choose to think they are doing an incredible job.

If they were smart, caucus would force Trudeau out and they would begin a leadership race. Take Trudeau out of the equation and the CPC has one less thing to squak about.

That being said, if the Liberals were smart they would put strict controls on immigration and housing purchases (such as citizenship and residency requirements)

They need to do something to show they are serious about fixing issues not just ignoring them if they want to get a boost in the polls.

What I don't get it is why the Liberals think that the status quo is good enough. The Liberal caucus is either ignorant or stupid if they think that their current policies are working.

It is not like only a few people are squaking about how bad life is in Canada right now. It is a national issue yet for some reasons the Liberals choose to think they are doing an incredible job.
The mere fact that the pompous P.P. is running against the Liberals gives me some hope. More hope would come if Justin takes one for the team.

I wonder if they're delusional enough to think that the conservatives won't change housing much, people will have a re-awakening and this will bring in a Trudeau redux, just like his dad.

Justin Trudeau is a problem for his party — and even if he quits, it might not save the Liberals, poll suggests
Without Trudeau the Liberals would have been smoked in 2015. No one was going to vote Liberals with Dion, Ignatieff or any of these five other nobodies.

And I would argue, Trudeau is the party's only hope to win again, presumably by 2025. Trudeau has made sure that no one else in the party has sufficient profile to replace him and win in 2025. First of all it MUST be a Quebecer - the LPC has no zero success otherwise, since Pearson. Out of thirty-eight Ministers, here are the eleven (29%) Quebecers in Trudeau's cabinet.

Marie-Claude Bibeau
François-Philippe Champagne
Jean-Yves Duclos
Steven Guilbeault
Mélanie Joly
Dominic LeBlanc
Diane Lebouthillier
Soraya Martinez Ferrada
Marc Miller
Pablo Rodriguez
Pascale St-Onge

Do any of these look like PM material? With the exception of Joly and LeBlanc, most of them we've never heard of.

Without Trudeau the Liberals would have been smoked in 2015. No one was going to vote Liberals with Dion, Ignatieff or any of these five other nobodies.

And I would argue, Trudeau is the party's only hope to win again, presumably by 2025. Trudeau has made sure that no one else in the party has sufficient profile to replace him and win in 2025. First of all it MUST be a Quebecer - the LPC has no zero success otherwise, since Pearson. Out of thirty-eight Ministers, here are the eleven (29%) Quebecers in Trudeau's cabinet.

Marie-Claude Bibeau
François-Philippe Champagne
Jean-Yves Duclos
Steven Guilbeault
Mélanie Joly
Dominic LeBlanc
Diane Lebouthillier
Soraya Martinez Ferrada
Marc Miller
Pablo Rodriguez
Pascale St-Onge

Do any of these look like PM material? With the exception of Joly and LeBlanc, most of them we've never heard of.

Champagne has been a rising star in the party, and some have speculated he could be leader material.

Back