News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

In that case, we know there will be no potholes. :p

Dougie's putting in a lot of effort already. Maybe he's actually going to follow through with this.
My working hypothesis is that he’s in this to lose aka the Trump playbook. Remember how he was shopping a reality show for his family back in 2014? Who's going to run deco if he’s mayor? Is he really capable of managing a city and whipping council (hint: he is not)?

Doug is running for leader of the opposition. He probably wants to run his business and get to pop up on CP24 or go to some random Etobicoke ethnic festival and get treated like a celebrity. If he wins so much the better, but he can get the ego fluffing at a much cheaper cost by losing.

The stuff he’s done so far is pretty low effort. If he goes in with a shoestring campaign and a 10% chance of winning he’s probably fine. Total personal commitment is $100k or so for what is basically a rich guy’s hobby.

My working hypothesis is that he’s in this to lose aka the Trump playbook. Remember how he was shopping a reality show for his family back in 2014? Who's going to run deco if he’s mayor? Is he really capable of managing a city and whipping council (hint: he is not)?

"President" Trump seems to be doing perfectly fine giving control of his businesses to Donny Jr. Especially his hotels. :rolleyes:

Seriously, Robbie & Dougie couldn't do it when one was mayor and the other a counselor, respectively; Dougie will have to choose either to give control to Randy or a blind trust whose not family.

Dougie will have to choose either to give control to Randy or a blind trust whose not family.

And I doubt either option would particularly appeal to Thug. No, this whole thing is just one massive ego-fest to him, on that I quite agree. But it's frustrating to watch the "liberal" media - CP20FORD, anyone? - continuing to give this jackass an open platform, as if every one of his ignorant, buffoonish self-promoting utterances have value as actual news, when they most certainly do not.

It's true, they may as well have broadcasts of me talking rubbish.
Some of them treat him as if he were some wise elder which he most certainly is not.

And I doubt either option would particularly appeal to Thug. No, this whole thing is just one massive ego-fest to him, on that I quite agree. But it's frustrating to watch the "liberal" media - CP20FORD, anyone? - continuing to give this jackass an open platform, as if every one of his ignorant, buffoonish self-promoting utterances have value as actual news, when they most certainly do not.

I quite agree with you, it's a "Sophie's Choice" moment.

How much of the Ford Nation base is left? Have any moved on from that stuff? Some people could be fine with Rob, but not like Doug enough to vote for him.

Last edited:
Sorry, I posted that too soon. I meant if people were no longer fans of the Ford family.

It was said that many who voted for Ford weren’t regular voters. Will they come out again to vote for Doug?

It was said that many who voted for Ford weren’t regular voters. Will they come out again to vote for Doug?
Doug is currently at 30% in the polls, right where he was 4 years ago. I suspect his hard floor is in the 20% range - a combination of messianic sheep, burn-it-all-down neocons and tax-cuts-at-any-cost voters. He can’t climb above 35% with Tory in the mix.

His only hope is either a three-way split or Tory self-immolation. Those scenarios would require a credible but not too likeable progressive candidate and a complete screwup from Tory.

So DoFo is either a) deluded, b) hoping for one of the above scenarios or c) just in it for shits, giggles and a radio show at the other end. My bet is a combo of all three.

Back