News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

And the usual nonsense he spouts about union leaders "pocketing" union dues. Until recently, I've rarely heard elected officials so casually making statements that bordered on slander. Such a statement would have been a big story at one time but now it doesn't even stand out from all the other crazy stuff.

I can't imagine how Ford's plan to fire 10,000 teachers and ensure that parents hear all about their 15 year olds getting crammed in a class with 40 other students might backfire.

I can't imagine how Ford's plan to fire 10,000 teachers and ensure that parents hear all about their 15 year olds getting crammed in a class with 40 other students might backfire.
It's almost like Fords only chance is to keep the provincial class sizes as they were - and they switch to the voucher system. Parents can either go to the public school system (no catholic system in this model), or they can take their $XX,XXX cheque to any school they want.
Will the teachers be happy that class sizes are not decreasing?

It's almost like Fords only chance is to keep the provincial class sizes as they were - and they switch to the voucher system. Parents can either go to the public school system (no catholic system in this model), or they can take their $XX,XXX cheque to any school they want.

Can you please elucidate the group on what illicit substances you've consumed to induce such delusions? It may tip us off to the next crisis after opioids.

Utter nonsense, worst case of claptrap ever.

I get it, you are in the 24% who will vote PC no matter what. My parents are in that group too. The big difference is that my dad isn't a big fan of Doug and doesn't hesitate to be critical of how he runs things.

He agreed with me that Taverner was too close to Ford and also too old for the job.

I get it, you are in the 24% who will vote PC no matter what. My parents are in that group too. The big difference is that my dad isn't a big fan of Doug and doesn't hesitate to be critical of how he runs things.

He agreed with me that Taverner was too close to Ford and also too old for the job.
I have voted for at least a half dozen parties over the years.
I'm not a huge fan of Fords either, but compared to what the Liberals put forward (McGuinty, Wynne, Trudeau), Ford comes off looking good.
Substitute in a Chretien, Martin, or Peterson and they could likely easily defeat Ford.

Regarding education, there seems to be only 2 solutions; give the teachers everything they want, or put up with strikes as soon as anything is reigned in just a bit. It really comes down to who should run the education, the Ministry of Education, or the teachers union. I suggested the voucher system as an alternative to the above 2, and it would force the teachers union to care about the quality of education, or they would lose jobs.

I'm not a huge fan of Fords either, but compared to what the Liberals put forward (McGuinty, Wynne, Trudeau), Ford comes off looking good.
Substitute in a Chretien, Martin, or Peterson and they could likely easily defeat Ford.

Regarding education, there seems to be only 2 solutions; give the teachers everything they want, or put up with strikes as soon as anything is reigned in just a bit. It really comes down to who should run the education, the Ministry of Education, or the teachers union. I suggested the voucher system as an alternative to the above 2, and it would force the teachers union to care about the quality of education, or they would lose jobs.

So you are trying to establish you are not a rabid conservative, but what makes you think the teachers and their union don't care about the quality of their profession. If you are not a fan of the Fords, why keep praising his actions and the government. Like many of have pointed out, Doug Ford is a fraud, proven when he was at Toronto city council, a liar, a bully. Cutting back on education, (incl. autism programs) guarantee income (incl. ODSP) But NOT canceling the previous deal under the Wynne Govt to award 10 mil. to the horse race industry for sperm. We may have a dismantled health care system, larger class sizes, children with inadequate remedial help to help them function, but who cares.... we will have gambling! UP next: another backhanded deal for those big builder friends... cause they are going to build "affordable" mansions for the folks on the environmental sensitive Green Belt. This government is a farce and only serves Doug's interest, just like he served his interest in the estate of his late brother.

Please elaborate on the teachers please.

When Ontario, according to the PISA tests that are the 'gold standard' in OECD nations ranks as a top 10 system year after year..................where do you get off implying that its somehow crap or even middling?

Clearly the people running the system have a clue.

Could we be better?

Self-evidently, we're not #1 so the answer is yes.

Doubtless there are also areas not measured by PISA in which we could improve.

But on the whole, Ontario's public education system is among the best the world has to offer.

If the teachers unions were running it........you should stand and applaud.

There is also no evidence, anywhere, that voucher systems improved a damned thing.

In point of fact, in Michigan, voucher schools don't out perform one of the more awful systems in the OECD.

Turns out teacher's unions weren't the problem.........(duh!)

Why don't you focus your energies on actually understanding issues prior to commenting on them. It would do you a world of good and might even lead to thoughtful discussion as opposed to most of us dismissing you out of hand.

Just wanted to add this graphic in reference to the above discussion.

Note the source factsmaps.com and in turn the OECD

Back