News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I am judging Doug on Doug. I have no faith that he can deliver on any of those issues you have mentioned. Please explain his skills and expertise in world class health care and education. He doesn’t care about transit, he cares about driving his car. Look at his voting record (when he bothered to attend) on social issues. And Toronto centric? Not at all.

Typical responses of course.

My priorities in government are:

-world class health care
-world class education
-pro business/entrepreneurship
-low taxes
-balance budgets/fiscal responsibility (Wynne’s worst area)
-strong employment opportunities for everyone
-realistic and fair environment regulations
-prioritizing transit
-strong social services for those with an actual need for them

Ford is no angel and all politicians are venal creatures but he has the best shot at delivering in these areas. He’s Toronto centric so likely to do the most for Toronto. Socially all 3 party candidates are pretty similar in reality.

You can’t judge the man on his brother’s flaws. If you want to play that card let’s judge the PM on his mother’s mental health illness. Same distinction.

Finally he may have been a drug dealer in high school however the PM is a drug dealer now.
Oh please. In four years on council Doug proved he was a lazy, ineffective bully who couldn’t organize his sock drawer, let alone a legislative agenda. He inherited his dads business and then fucked up the US expansion. He has no idea how to find efficiencies and he has the track record to prove it. You can hate Wynne but you elected a moron.

I am judging Doug on Doug. I have no faith that he can deliver on any of those issues you have mentioned. Please explain his skills and expertise in world class health care and education. He doesn’t care about transit, he cares about driving his car. Look at his voting record (when he bothered to attend) on social issues. And Toronto centric? Not at all.

Agree with you on his lack of interest in health care or education. I think or hospitals themselves are quite excellent but I hope he would be able to improve on wait times. It certainly won’t get worse. That’s the critical issue. On public ed he probably won’t do much sadly and all Wynne has done is balloon the payrolls by pandering to unions.

What social issues concern you that he would reverse?

I could easily see Ford dedicating a lot of money to more Eglinton LRT type initiatives and critical DRL.

Wynne cares about winning. Nothing else. She’s a demon. She knows that pandering to unions and public sector employes by showering them with benefits and compensation far exceeding the private sector has kept her in power. And that is the core source out of control provincial debt.

That cycle must be broken.

Oh please. In four years on council Doug proved he was a lazy, ineffective bully who couldn’t organize his sock drawer, let alone a legislative agenda. He inherited his dads business and then fucked up the US expansion. He has no idea how to find efficiencies and he has the track record to prove it. You can hate Wynne but you elected a moron.

Look I said he was my #2 pick but I think Ford is capable and assess him (and all politicians) on policy not personality.

Look I said he was my #2 pick but I think Ford is capable and assess him (and all politicians) on policy not personality.
May I suggest judging him on his record?

Btw: Did I mention that I'm going to give you a Million Dollars, a Palace in the Sky, and a Gold Gilded Chicken in every Pot....oh sorry about the pot reference...

Errr..."But the PM is a drug dealer now..."

Errr..."But the PM is a drug dealer now..."

I’m not following you Steve. The PM is a drug dealer. The biggest in the land. For that matter he should probably expunge criminal charges from the record of any person convicted with dealing cannabis in Canada the moment it becomes legal. To not do so is hypocritical.

I’m not following you Steve. The PM is a drug dealer. The biggest in the land. For that matter he should probably expunge criminal charges from the record of any person convicted with dealing cannabis in Canada the moment it becomes legal. To not do so is hypocritical.
I'm sorry to inform you of this, but he's not the President. He's a Prime Minister, and short of Order in Council, he'd have to put that to Parliament.

Yeah, getting back to Dougie....such trivialities as process and procedure can be dismissed as existing in the swamp...

Can the PCs be trusted with the ship under this leader? Will anyone of good conscience and a balanced persona serve under this man? Or will there be a succession of whack-job nobodies a la Trump in this cabinet? I think no one in their right mind could work with DoFo. I can't fathom running a political entity of almost 14 million people on a total absence of coherent policy on anything. Merely sentiments and emotions.

That being said, the seriously misguided incumbent government is a problem.

And once again, in place of voting "for something" we are faced with choosing the least distasteful alternative.

Typical responses of course.

My priorities in government are:

-world class health care
-world class education
-pro business/entrepreneurship
-low taxes
-balance budgets/fiscal responsibility (Wynne’s worst area)
-strong employment opportunities for everyone
-realistic and fair environment regulations
-prioritizing transit
-strong social services for those with an actual need for them

Ford is no angel and all politicians are venal creatures but he has the best shot at delivering in these areas.

lol

Wait, you were serious?

That's even funnier.

Can the PCs be trusted with the ship under this leader? Will anyone of good conscience and a balanced persona serve under this man? Or will there be a succession of whack-job nobodies a la Trump in this cabinet? I think no one in their right mind could work with DoFo. I can't fathom running a political entity of almost 14 million people on a total absence of coherent policy on anything. Merely sentiments and emotions.

Well Raymond Cho seems to like him. And Mammo is slavering over a possible role.

A Dougie put what before whom with his dealing?

You speak in childish gibberish and non sequitir, that serves only to paint your comments as juvenile and of zero critical value. Continue on this path and I’ll block you with great satisfaction.

Back