News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I would have given Elliot (or Mulroney) a chance just for a change but the PC’s lost my vote when they chose Greasy Doug, the evil brother of stupid Rob. I don’t think the Liberals deserve all the negative criticism they receive. Raising Ontario Hydro’s rates was a screwup but Ontario Hydro is ALWAYS a screwup. They are a huge crown corporation that has a history of questionable if not totally partisan behaviour depending on who’s in power at Queens Park. At least Wynn rolled back the increase a bit, to her credit. I also supported the Liberal’s bill to raise the minimum wage and I like their election platform in general. I’ll be voting Liberal.

Hydro is a disaster and she should be jailed for it. She’s not rolling back anything. She’s trying to buy your vote with your money and you’re foolishly falling for it.

The raise in min wage will kill tens of thousands of jobs in this Province. It is a reckless, job destroying policy.

Kathleen the Handout Queen will be kicked to the curb in June and Ontario will get the fresh start it deserves.

... and economy destroying Liberal party & it’s gang leader Kathleen the ‘Handout Queen’ Wynne.

Economy destroying? I guess you're not exactly up to speed on the state of the economy, eh? The economy in Ontario is doing fine. 3.8% annual wage growth last year (before the minimum wage hike), for starters. Lowest unemployment level in years. Those are pretty decent economic indicators, bud. Where do you get the idea that the economy is doing poorly?

As for "Handout Queen", until we see Egyptian-style bread subsidies, that honorific belongs to others.

Hydro is a disaster and she should be jailed for it.

Lol, wut. Where was the criminal offence in selling off part of Hydro One? Or in rising hydro costs? You do know what it takes to land one in prison, don't you?

The raise in min wage will kill tens of thousands of jobs in this Province. It is a reckless, job destroying policy.

Boring. When will this happen? It should help drive up inflation which should increase employment, if anything. Reckless is not giving people a chance to make a decent living therefore requiring them to rely on the state to make ends meet, costing us all.

Yeah, we saw that already. I mean, when will a higher minimum wage actually be shown to cause mass scale job losses? It's still too soon to tell and those numbers linked don't prove causation.

Answer this instead:
Do higher wages help drive up inflation?

Does a reasonable rate of inflation (1.8%-2.5%) lead to job growth or job reduction?

Do low income people save/invest more of their income than they spend?

Does a higher level of spending among people indirectly lead to job creation or job reduction?

Economy destroying? I guess you're not exactly up to speed on the state of the economy, eh? The economy in Ontario is doing fine. 3.8% annual wage growth last year (before the minimum wage hike), for starters. Lowest unemployment level in years. Those are pretty decent economic indicators, bud. Where do you get the idea that the economy is doing poorly?

As for "Handout Queen", until we see Egyptian-style bread subsidies, that honorific belongs to others.

Read this:

http://business.financialpost.com/o...ts-the-price-of-ontarios-electricity-disaster

As far as handouts you don’t think free daycare, free prescription drugs, minimum wage hikes, all on the backs of Ontario businesses constitutes a handout?

Actually, even increased levels of investment should indirectly lead to increased business expansion which should lead to job creation.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but all this is economics 101, which I never took as part of my poli sci and languages university education.

As far as handouts you don’t think free daycare, free prescription drugs, minimum wage hikes, all on the backs of Ontario businesses constitutes a handout?

On the backs of who? Are you fucking kidding me? On the backs of people like me! I pay more in taxes as a percentage of my income that any business in Ontario. Stop talking rubbish.

In fact, businesses make their profits on the backs of people like me.

It's people like me who carry the weight. Get that straight and then you can come talk to me about feeling sorry for corporations.

Yeah, we saw that already. I mean, when will a higher minimum wage actually be shown to cause mass scale job losses? It's still too soon to tell and those numbers linked don't prove causation.

Answer this instead:
Do higher wages help drive up inflation?

Does a reasonable rate of inflation (1.8%-2.5%) lead to job growth or job reduction?

Do low income people save/invest more of their income than they spend?

Does a higher level of spending among people indirectly lead to job creation or job reduction?

You just made my point for me. Massive jobs losses.

I guess job losses, out of control provincial debt, soaring hydro costs that drive away business, punitive carbon taxes, anti density policies, etc. don’t bother you.

Where does that prove Wynne's alleged criminality? Duuuuude, go take a cold shower.

Her grossly negligent abuse of Ontario taxpayer money in furtherance of her selfish political ambitions qualifies as a crime in my mind.

You just made my point for me. Massive jobs losses.

I guess job losses, out of control provincial debt, soaring hydro costs that drive away business, punitive carbon taxes, anti density policies, etc. don’t bother you.

I have said none of any of this and my post quoted didn't prove any sort of point as the questions asked weren't answered. Thanks for coming out.

Though, you're right about one thing (a fucking miracle!), carbon taxes don't bother me.

Her grossly negligent abuse of Ontario taxpayer money in furtherance of her selfish political ambitions qualifies as a crime in my mind.

Is that in the Criminal Code?

You're not the justice system in this country, though you'd probably like to be.

On the backs of who? Are you fucking kidding me? On the backs of people like me! I pay more in taxes as a percentage of my income that any business in Ontario. Stop talking rubbish.

In fact, businesses make their profits on the backs of people like me.

It's people like me who carry the weight. Get that straight and then you can come talk to me about feeling sorry for corporations.

I have no idea how you earn a living and frankly I don’t care. You come across as a public sector worker frankly but it makes no difference to me.

Businesses profits by taking risk, by employing people and pay more than their share of taxes in this province. You clearly have no clue what fees, levies, charges, etc businesses pay to stay alive. No clue.

Without businesses, primarily the small ones most affected by the min wage disaster, this province is fatally doomed. Wynne has already chased away manufacturing. If she wins again there will be nothing left.

I’ve decided that I learn absolutely nothing from your posts and you only waste my time so I’m blocking you.

Same your worthless time pal.

Back