News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

watching-you.png

We'll ALL be watching you, Doug.

From link.

watching-you.png

We'll ALL be watching you, Doug.

From link.

Hell yeah, but and yes BUT after watching this chump and his temper tantrums for 4 yrs at city hall, it's not going to make one bit of difference. Opposition, press, need to do their job and making sure no conflict of interest, criminality and other unpleasant behaviour happens. It will happen, guaranteed and I hope they'll slap more than his wrist.

"Promises made, promises kept."

That's right kids, he said on CityTV; he has officially proclaimed that he will forever more be known as Rob's Brother.

Oh no, I didn't really remember about the education issues.

An ignorant citizenry is the best remedy to opposition to autocracy.

This should end well.

And yet with all those supposed reasons, I've always voted.

#5 above is ridiculous - if you want to participate in this country's governance, become a citizen of it. It's not that hard a task. I pursued my citizenship in the 1990s almost entirely so I could vote.

#6, why do we need a None of the Above option? It seems so precious that you would show up and vote and then not vote, as some sort of protest. It's like going to a busy restaurant, sitting down, reading the menu and then declaring I like none of this food, and I'm leaving, with the waiter quickly seating the next party behind you.

#7, how could we run a debate is every party got an equal voice? IMO, if you have official party status, you should be in the debate. That means the Liberals are out of the next one... which isn't going to happen, so in fairness let that single Green guy in too at the next debate. But that's it, as there's about 20 other registered political parties in Ontario https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...her_parties_registered_with_Elections_Ontario

None of the reasons above have or would have dissuaded me from voting.

Last edited:
And yet with all those supposed reasons, I've always voted.

As have I, but I don't think a couple of blokes disprove the hypothesis.

The fact is that the cynical nature of the electoral system and its attendant froppery engenders cynicism in the electorate.

I can't wait to see what he does about Renata's claim. She isn't going to settle for $1 or 2 million, she's asking for $16. Let's see how he bullies his way through this mess.

And this is not just Doug v. Renata. Two-thirds of the amount claimed are attributable to claims by the kids, made on their behalf by Renata as their litigation guardian. (A person under the age of 18 is considered to be "under a disability" and can only sue via being represented by a litigation guardian.) A litigation guardian cannot enter into any settlement of a claim brought on behalf of a minor without the approval of a judge. So it is not as simple as Doug persuading Renata to settle.

I've already posted similar comments in the 2018 Transit Promises thread but I really believe at this juncture (and given what happened at the G7 this past week) that Trump is going to kill NAFTA and impose steep tariffs on Canadian--re Ontario--made cars. Those things alone are enough to utterly tank the Ontario economy in the next couple of years. Add to this the softening real estate market and steep austerity spending limits on everything provincially funded, and we're talking an economic collapse here that will make the Bob Rae ere look like good times. Drug will be out on his ass in 4 years if he's lucky.

680 NEWS Toronto
@680NEWS

Premier-designate Doug Ford says he stands “shoulder to shoulder” with Prime Minister Trudeau after President Trump threatened Canada's auto industry, because jobs in Ontario are at stake. Read

https://twitter.com/680NEWS/status/1005883769675550721

So, even die hard Trump supporter Doug Ford can side with the PM.

Doug Ford‏Verified account@fordnation 29m29 minutes ago
We will stand shoulder to shoulder with the Prime Minister and the people of Canada. My number one goal is to protect jobs in Ontario, starting with my unwavering support for our steel and aluminum workers.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back