News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

This has got to be the best quality glass curtain wall the city has seen since Royal Bank Plaza.

I was always excited about this tower, even after it had that design change when RBC signed aboard.

I'm glad it lived up to every expectation.

Not as good as previous pics...but it is all I got.

Snapped this one yesterday afternoon (Feb 9).

Attachments

• rbc_dexia from southeast.jpg
    rbc_dexia from southeast.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 205
Thanks for the picture. As has been pointed out, the transparency of the glass is really quite amazing. It'll be interesting to see what addition of desks, dividers, etc. will do to the overall look.

Thanks for the picture. As has been pointed out, the transparency of the glass is really quite amazing. It'll be interesting to see what addition of desks, dividers, etc. will do to the overall look.

Wow, I've never noticed just how transparent it is. You can even see the elevator core.

Van Der Rohe's transparent skyscraper, anyone?
0352FriedII-mont.jpg

I've always been fascinated by the concept of a largely 'transparent' skyscraper, and RBC fulfills this. Believe it or not, (I should post my picture), but Murano is very much see-through from my view from Bloor Street. It's quite a nice effect.

In today's economic climate.....RBC could make a big deal out of being the financial institution that takes transparency seriously!!

The "lantern" is a really nice way to top off the tower... can't help thinking it could have been down-right iconic if the tower had a bit more height and a bit more massing "drama" had been used to set-up the lantern pinnacle... see lame scribble below.

lanternglass2.jpg

Apologies to the photographer.

3265005528_ce7e6abbcd_b.jpg

I wasn't a fan of this building but I have to admit it's looking pretty good. The top makes it. I still like Bay-Adelaide's glass better though :)

I completely agree 3D - they really didn't make much of the pinnacle of the building - in all honesty, it looks somewhat like an after-thought - flat meets semi-point..Not a very defining gesture.

p5

Back