News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

yeah, I guess it does look kinda like an afterthought.

Perhaps I wasn't expecting much, so when I saw how tal the lantern is, from what I imagined it would look like, I was pleasantly surprised.

The "lantern" is a really nice way to top off the tower... can't help thinking it could have been down-right iconic if the tower had a bit more height and a bit more massing "drama" had been used to set-up the lantern pinnacle...

wow. that stepped version looks amazing, would not have been hard to do and would have provided a bit of a visual tie-in with the WCB and its neo-massing.
but i have to say, that thing is growing on me if i stare at it long enough. the transparency is pretty striking.
especially in the afternoon with the sun shining through the frosty glass top thingie.
still stand and stare at BA and try and try to find something redeeming about it but no.

Yesterday was a nice day (despite the rain) so Sp!re and I did a walk through downtown. Here are some pics I took. He got some good ones too. Hopefully he posts his soon.

103_2998.jpg

103_2999.jpg

103_2994.jpg

That makes sense, otherwise they'd break half the windows like on BA

I don't mind that Rbc's shape and lantern aren't so dramatic-he's the set up man for Lady Ritz. She's gotta steal the show -taller,sleeker, curved and stuff. I hope her glazing contrasts though, i'm getting bored with all these 'excellent' glass boxes popping up.

I don't mind that Rbc's shape and lantern aren't so dramatic-he's the set up man for Lady Ritz. She's gotta steal the show -taller,sleeker, curved and stuff. I hope her glazing contrasts though, i'm getting bored with all these 'excellent' glass boxes popping up.

Ritz flares out, but I don't think it curves.

One of the cranes came down. When did that happen? Must have just been this past week.

hmm, just noticed in that last pic the lantern appears closed, guess the second crane isn't going down through that area?

Well, it always look closed from the side, but it actually isn't yet.

Wow..BAC looks kind of weird/isolated and unfinished. All the more reason why it needed a stronger roof element to distinguish where the office floors stop. Compare to FCP, TD, Commerce Court. Sigh.

Back