News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

What that smoky stuff atop FCP? Looks 9/11ish...

It is steam (like mist coming off the lake) from the HVAC. All the major towers have them but it normally can only be seen when the temperature is right. I guess today, only that tower was creating the effect. The old BCE Place tower with the TD sign on top normally seems to have the mist in the winter. If you notice Scotia Tower has it as well.

i'm not the biggest fan of BAC but every building in that shot looks bad. if you get the right camera, lens, photographer, what have you...you can make robarts look like the gugenheim.

i'm not the biggest fan of BAC but every building in that shot looks bad. if you get the right camera, lens, photographer, what have you...you can make robarts look like the gugenheim.

I hope that's your way of saying you appreciate Marcanadian's photos still.

sorry, no disrespect to marcanadian, just to clear that up. i'm grateful every time we get new pictures on this forum.

i was just assuming marcanadian was not taking that picture for aesthetic/ compositional purposes, necessarily. you can tell the picture has an intense zoom on it and was taken with a cell(?). the comment was more in defense of BAC. i should have made a positive assertion rather than a negative one. we all know what these buildings actually look like.

16 February 2009 photo update

@530PM:

dsc01112qk3.jpg

February 15 2009 update

Southwest View
IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

Northwest View
IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3380.jpg

nice shots Solaris! I might have to rip off that low perspective angle with the 'mountains' in the foreground next time I am shooting in the city...

Hey, didn't somebody on here say that the lantern is right across the top now? NOT TRUE! I sure hope it changes.

Taken today

FEB17-09-Leslieville0033.jpg

Hey, didn't somebody on here say that the lantern is right across the top now? NOT TRUE! I sure hope it changes.

Taken today

FEB17-09-Leslieville0033.jpg

Not yet. But look closely at the left side. There's a lot more of those, um, lantern-shaping pieces just waiting there. I have a feeling they'll form the rest of the lantern in that gap and they're just being stored there temporarily until they can be put in place.

Back