News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

The Keg, on The Esplanade is finally getting with the program. They just started building a sidewalk patio. I figured it was just a matter of time. Over on Front Street, Frans is also building a patio, that looks interesting. The new patio on the corner of Front & Yonge (What's it called? O&G?) is looking quite spiffy. It looks more like a bar, than a patio. The bar top lights up, it's pretty cool and very popular. It was packed this weekend. Toronto is definitely a sidewalk patio city. The more the better, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
That new O&B is awesome - they also own Jump, Canoe and Biff's today. Strange astroturf on the patio, and the service was spotty when I went last week but nice environment and good food (mac and cheese is awesome).

That new O&B is awesome - they also own Jump, Canoe and Biff's today. Strange astroturf on the patio, and the service was spotty when I went last week but nice environment and good food (mac and cheese is awesome).

Unless you have a 'three-year-olds palate", You seen to have been at a different restaurant than the G&M reviewer who said: "A similar fate has befallen O&B's Macaroni and Cheese. The Balderson-cheddar-and-goat-cheese sauce has split into a coagulated mess and tastes mostly of nothing. A few pieces of chicken lurk among the soft noodles and a couple of peas add a faint touch of colour. It is seemingly designed with a three-year-old’s palate in mind.". See: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...lts-obs-mo-means-taste-is-mia/article1651911/

do you know if they're going to have a "free burrito" day like the other location had on their opening day?

I will find out later today and will post an update regarding the free burrito promotion...

I will find out later today and will post an update regarding the free burrito promotion...

They are open today offering many free promotions.

McDonalds at Bathurst & Dundas just reopened after some updating. According to an inspector on site, all the McDonalds will be re-done over the next 3 years. This one is pretty compact but the larger ones will include things like fireplaces. These are modeled after McDonalds in Australia & Europe.

mcd1.jpg

mcd2.jpg

Back