News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

We need White Castle.

Anyway, interesting how the makeover of the B+D Mickey D's rid it of its "postmodern brick contextualism", which I suppose was originally meant to mitigate the effect of a dreaded downtown drive-thru outlet...

I noticed on my run this morning, there's a new café on Shaw at Yarmouth, just south of Dupont, called Hub. Their site is here; it's a dreadful website, but the place itself looks very nice, beautifully renovated and a nice, quiet location. Food looks tasty too. I'll have to swing by sometime when it's not 6 in the morning.

Longtime St. Nicholas St. french restaurant Le Matignon has been closed for awhile now and the building is for sale. Too bad they couldn't hold out until all the new condos in the area were finished.

I noticed on my run this morning, there's a new café on Shaw at Yarmouth, just south of Dupont, called Hub. Their site is here; it's a dreadful website, but the place itself looks very nice, beautifully renovated and a nice, quiet location. Food looks tasty too. I'll have to swing by sometime when it's not 6 in the morning.

Toronto Life claims this cafe is in Wallace-Emerson. Now, I'm not an expert on neighbourhood boundaries, but isn't this many blocks east of what anyone would call Wallace-Emerson?

Looks like Ruchi Indian Cuisine (Yonge and Isabella) quietly became Kothur Indian Cuisine in the last few months.

Parts & Labour is so passé.... check out Parkdale's latest hot spot, spied by me yesterday:

dsc01305c.jpg

The interior is stunning!

dsc01304n.jpg

I don't know if it's open yet---I hadn't walked the Parkdale strip in almost a month so it's possible--will have to check it out to see if it's a cafe/bar/diner/???

@the end of Parkdale--a sign that the old parkdale is fading fast? Can it be true? Coffee Grime is history?

dsc01293m.jpg
I just noticed the street sign--Queer W. lol.

I'm expecting the Mcd's and Howard Johnson sites to be redeveloped next.

Last edited:
Wow. The absolute basement of Coffee Times, so much in the basement it was heavenly--now gone...

Are Coffee Time actually moving out, or just turning it into one of their eggs restaurants?

I won't miss it. You know what I do miss, though? The knock-off coffee joints. Coffee Tip and Country Site and such. Those places were the best.

Mangez opened yesterday. They're serving sandwiches (mainly gourmet grilled cheese), soups, salads and ice cream. I haven't been in myself, but I found their twitter page: http://twitter.com/mangez_parkdale

Sad to see that Coffee Time go - although in terms of scuzziness, the one at Queen and West Lodge is still in the lead, IMO...

A new hot spot has opened on Dundas West near Lisgar called the "Brockton General" --saw it on Thursday night on my way to art openings.... Looks fantastic! More details here: http://www.facebook.com/brocktongeneral Here's what they say:
I'm a Portuguese Sports Bar. Two young women just bought me, I get the feeling I might start changing soon. But not til after THE WORLD CUP!

Dundas West is changing faster than even I imagined!

Back