News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

In the summer it seemed like every night it was blue. I definitely prefer the red that we've been seeing recently.
btw, have we seen any renders as to how the lights for the underside are supposed to look?

btw, have we seen any renders as to how the lights for the underside are supposed to look?

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,276
It looks vaguely visible in that drawing, but I assume the outer portions of the columns will be lit as well (the section highlighted in red)?:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 426
Thanks. I guess I had seen that before, but wasn't really sure what it was I was looking at. Are these simply spotlights shining onto the structure from below, or will each beam be lined with lights and lit up?

I dunno, I guess it's only one render. But I just feel like it doesn't look as good as it could. First of all I think yellow-ish light would be much better. It's warmer, and would accentuate/compliment the black beams much more. And I don't think it needs to be all that intricate and computerized either. Just some spotlights or something. This is a classic looking structure, and I think we should do this tastefully.

Thanks. I guess I had seen that before, but wasn't really sure what it was I was looking at. Are these simply spotlights shining onto the structure from below, or will each beam be lined with lights and lit up?

I dunno, I guess it's only one render. But I just feel like it doesn't look as good as it could. First of all I think yellow-ish light would be much better. It's warmer, and would accentuate/compliment the black beams much more. And I don't think it needs to be all that intricate and computerized either. Just some spotlights or something. This is a classic looking structure, and I think we should do this tastefully.
I agree. Whitish flood lights would look best here. Something indicative of the lighting standards of that era.

It's been blue for the last week or so and looks great, especially while driving on it. From a distance, it looks better and stands out more when it's blue. It's weird that blue and red are the only two colours we've ever seen and it's been almost a year. Kind of a waste when you know the possibilities LEDs have. Unfortunately from a distance, it still doesn't seem very bright but when you drive on it you realize that it couldn't be any brighter without it being too bright while on the bridge. The walkways would be blinding if they were any brighter. I'm not sure if it is possible to rig it so that it's brighter from a distance but doesn't increase at all on the bridge itself. I know the colour is supposed to be affected by temperature and wind but maybe it would've been better if it was just a different colour every night or there was someone that decided the colour schemes like the CN Tower and Toronto sigh. It would be neat if all three landmarks were the same colour for special events like Canada Day, Pride etc...

bnr-constserv2.jpg

Notice of Intended Procurement
ecblank.gif
Solicitation
number:
Doc2354066357 (83-2020)
Commodity:Construction Services, Construction Services
Description:Rehabilitation of Luminous Veil Pedestrian Barrier
Doc2354066357 (83-2020) - Request for Tender for Rehabilitation of Luminous Veil pedestrian barrier along span four (4) (over the Don River), of the Prince Edward Viaduct (Don Section).

Kenan Bachir Corporate Buyer, Construction Services

Purchasing and Materials Management Division

(t) 416-392-7326, (f) 416-397-7779

(e) kenan.bachir@toronto.ca

LINK TO PUBLIC POSTING ARIBA DISCOVERY:

http://discovery.ariba.com/rfx/8226748

I assume last year's tender call brought in bids that beat the budget:

clear.gif
This is a secure site
bnr-constserv2.jpg

Tender
ecblank.gif
Solicitation
number:
Doc2912336385 (98-2021)
Commodity:Construction Services, Bridge Repairs
Description:Rehabilitation of Luminous Veil pedestrian barrier along span four (4) (over the Don River), of the Prince Edward Viaduc
Rehabilitation of Luminous Veil pedestrian barrier along span four (4) (over the Don River), of the Prince Edward Viaduct (Don Section)
Issue date:April 1, 2021
ecblank.gif
Closing date:April 21, 2021
at 12:00 Noon

Driving across the bridge this evening and noticed almost all of it was dark, save for a couple of sections on the eastern end. @DSC is the work above intended to fix the outages, or is it for another issue?

Back