8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest from the National Post

Special Toronto police squad formed to investigate Rob Ford and his associates, source says

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/1...gate-rob-ford-and-his-associates-source-says/

a Toronto police source confirmed that a special detail of investigators is indeed probing Mayor Rob Ford.

The squad, led by accomplished homicide Det.-Sgt. Gary Giroux, has also been delving into the affairs of the mayor’s associates, leading to this week’s arrest of his friend and sometimes driver, Alexander “Sandro” Lisi, for trafficking of marijuana, conspiracy to traffic, marijuana possession and possession of proceeds of crime.

Today has seen a major turning point in this story. Up until now police have refused to confirm or deny that Rob Ford is the focus of an investigation. Today we have police sources - albeit off the record - confirming Ford is indeed the focus of an investigation and we have Doug Ford openly critical of Toronto Police for surveilling Fords home from the air.

On a humorous note this tweet from NP's Steve Murray:

Steve Murray ‏@NPsteve 37m
"Toronto police squad formed to investigate Rob Ford" to determine if he's the best mayor or just a great mayor?

Last edited:
I always thought TPS liked to keep their investigations... secret.

Maybe this is just a big show by TPS to counter the growing criticism that they have not been pursing Ford with vigor. Blair may be afraid that the OPP will step in and take the investigation away from him as they did earlier this week in two high profile cases connected to accused murderer Dellen Millard (investigations that had been horribly bungled by TPS!). If the OPP takes over the investigation the actions (or inaction's) of Bill Blair and his top brass will come under scrutiny and they may not fair very well!

It is absolutely extraordinary for police to admit - either on or off the record - that they are targeting a specific individual. It never happens. Something is up!

Last edited:
Ron talks to underprivileged kids and I remember reading a story where he gave a group of them his personal phone # to call him if they were having trouble. I think if you gave him any uppers he would just go and use the energy boost to help more people.

Ahem...errr...yes, I suppose is there is *something* else that could be done with uppers by a man who gives his private phone number to kids he doesn't know. Oh jeez, don't tell me the plot to this story intersects with a Graham James figure...

Not to say MacLean's a diddler (I have no idea), but unless my sarcasometer isn't working you might have been undermining your point.

Last edited:
Yet...since the Lisi thing broke, there *hasn't* really been a troll onslaught. Maybe the closest thing was CN Tower's invocation of Chappaquidick; but otherwise, in practice, trolls tend to only strike when their hero is strongest (i.e. "nyah nyah, we're gonna win in '14, lusers"). Right now, they're scared s-tless--you can't do a "Dave in Scarborough" schtick when you're in cheezit-the-cops mode...

See my second-to-last post re recent thread derailments. You don't think some of those posters were trolling?

EDIT - Sorry. Missed your first words ("Since the Lisi thing broke..."). My bad.

Last edited:
In fairness, he's been getting away with this behaviour for a long time. Hell, he became the mayor of Toronto while behaving like this. There hasn't been much in the way of real consequences, and since he's incapable of being ashamed...
And I think therein lies the secret to his Teflon brushes with scandal.

If Nixon had lacked all sense of shame, plus had his own weekly radio show where he could spout off lies without consequences, he would have served a full two terms.

I don't know if he's just without shame, or he knows there's no political encore for him after this, so he doesn't feel he needs to humble himself or try a strategic resignation. He possibly doesn't give a damn what bridges he burns since this may be his last kick at the can.

Either that or the fords are really, really stupid, and think by ignoring the issues and questions ("Anything else?") it will all just magically go away.

Mammoliti was also my first thought. But I think Don Cherry is more likely (MM never said it was a politician). He is a family friend of the Ford's and the biggest loud mouth of them all.

[video=youtube;tV4UVV5z308]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV4UVV5z308[/video]

I dunno, some of those 10-page, 5-day thread derailments (e.g. the "relative merits of Mozart and the Rolling Stones" phase, or the "condensed, melodramatic education of a purported message board newbie" phase) over the past couple of months certainly did suck.

Don't forget the "importance of grammar" phase a few months ago. Thought we'd never make it through that :rolleyes:

Now that Ford's annual side trip is over, he will have to get down to some sort of business. There are a few issues he will need to deal with:
1.) the appointment of the Ward 3 councillor.
2.) route selection and money for the Scarborough extension.
3.) the 2014 budget.
4.) his pre-campaign campaign.
5.) new bike lanes on Eglinton & Yonge Street.

Now that Ford's annual side trip is over, he will have to get down to some sort of business. There are a few issues he will need to deal with:
1.) the appointment of the Ward 3 councillor.
2.) route selection and money for the Scarborough extension.
3.) the 2014 budget.
4.) his pre-campaign campaign.
5.) new bike lanes on Eglinton & Yonge Street.

All with a police plane buzzing overhead.

Jon Stewart really needs to do an update.

Last edited:
Coming late back into the thread. Met one of my sources tonight at a fundraiser at Muzik nightclub tonight who repeated what I had reported from another source: the cops have Ford on a wiretap soliciting drugs. He's busted.

Now are they just waiting to get more substantial dirt on him or will they just go ahead and publicly charge him with what is only a minor crime? Given the family's history, I'm inclined to believe that there is something much bigger here.

Bigger than obstruction of justice which they apparently have enough witness accounts to prosecute Price, Lisi and Ford.

This is going to go down as the TPS's most high profile case when all is said and done. I can't believe this idiot is our Mayor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back