News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been kind of an ongoing conspiracy theory but I'm getting the impression that Doug is indeed running the whole show. The argument yesterday over the phone was with Price. The words "Don't bother coming in tomorrow" were shouted, yet David Price was seen in Doug's office this afternoon.

I remember being surprised during the election that Kouvalis actually managed to cool Ford's notorious temper. It's like you could slap the guy in the face, make the nastiest Yo'mamma joke and steal his football trophies and he'd kumbaya it off for a minute and wouldn't explode as you'd expect him to. I was impressed. But the cracks are appearing. Shouting in City Council, losing it on Warmington, then on Price and not being able to endure even 20 seconds in front of the press before losing his cool and taking off... Ford is going to blow when Lisi's warrant comes out and the media circus not seen since the crack scandal broke will be unrelenting.

I saw Amin Massoudi's pic of the press in front of the Mayor in Etobicoke. You'd think they'd capitalize on that by taping it, or even just putting it on Vine so young conservative voters would be sympathetic to the pressure facing a tense, hostile, politically antagonistic press mob is like in their full howling fury. I know the base, the much vaunted Ford Nation, is unlikely to use Vine, but at least a quick couple of edits and a post to YouTube and tables would be turned: it would be apparent that the Mayor is not liked by the media. Or do they do that already and I just don't know because I don't hang out on conservative internets? Is there a Ford equivalent of Black Twitter?

I remember being surprised during the election that Kouvalis actually managed to cool Ford's notorious temper. It's like you could slap the guy in the face, make the nastiest Yo'mamma joke and steal his football trophies and he'd kumbaya it off for a minute and wouldn't explode as you'd expect him to. I was impressed. But the cracks are appearing. Shouting in City Council, losing it on Warmington, then on Price and not being able to endure even 20 seconds in front of the press before losing his cool and taking off... Ford is going to blow when Lisi's warrant comes out and the media circus not seen since the crack scandal broke will be unrelenting.
It was rather interesting watching the streaming video of the Ford radio show last weekend. During commercials you can see Rob was definitely upset about something. Massoudi was talking to him quite dramatically, waving his arms about. Provost was there, as well. It was a scene the public normally doesn't get to see. I wonder if Ford closes the curtains in his office when he goes on a temper tantrum. For those that plan on listening to the show on Sunday, I recommend you watch the studio cam, as well!

I saw Amin Massoudi's pic of the press in front of the Mayor in Etobicoke. You'd think they'd capitalize on that by taping it, or even just putting it on Vine so young conservative voters would be sympathetic to the pressure facing a tense, hostile, politically antagonistic press mob is like in their full howling fury. I know the base, the much vaunted Ford Nation, is unlikely to use Vine, but at least a quick couple of edits and a post to YouTube and tables would be turned: it would be apparent that the Mayor is not liked by the media. Or do they do that already and I just don't know because I don't hang out on conservative internets? Is there a Ford equivalent of Black Twitter?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the dialogue between the angel and devil sitting on my shoulders:

(inhale)...

No. No, we're not going to take the bait.

It's just that...

No. We're not going to waste our time.

But really, you have to be brain dead to think...

Nope. Serenity now. We're not going to let this get the better of us.

First of all, they already do "capitalize on that"...

SERENITY NOW!

C'mon, just one rant.

No.

A little one?

No.

That comment's practically BEGGING to be squashed like a little bunny in our giant Lenny-sized hands.

No, we're better than this.

It just needs to be put out of its misery.

Remember our deep breathing exercises.

But, we'd be doing it a favour.

Walk away.

Fuck you.

Last edited:
It was rather interesting watching the streaming video of the Ford radio show last weekend. During commercials you can see Rob was definitely upset about something. Massoudi was talking to him quite dramatically, waving his arms about. Provost was there, as well. It was a scene the public normally doesn't get to see. I wonder if Ford closes the curtains in his office when he goes on a temper tantrum. For those that plan on listening to the show on Sunday, I recommend you watch the studio cam, as well!

Actually, I'm told Ford spends a significant part of his already limited time at City Hall locked in the bathroom and sitting on the couch. My former Ford staff source caught him dozed off more than a few times. The only time he's getting any work done is when his staff comes in or he's attending a City Council or executive meeting. Most of his infamous returned calls are made from his cell phone at home or while he's driving.

Actually, I'm told Ford spends a significant part of his already limited time at City Hall locked in the bathroom and sitting on the couch. My former Ford staff source caught him dozed off more than a few times. The only time he's getting any work done is when his staff comes in or he's attending a City Council or executive meeting. Most of his infamous returned calls are made from his cell phone at home or while he's driving.

It's amazing to me the number of people who think, "He's mayor of Toronto! He HAS to be doing something, anything!" Nope. Coaching football at one point, maybe. And sitting in on council meetings and saying some pretty fucked up, totally wrong things. It's just so obvious but no one wants to believe it.

I think the real scandal is Toronto can have a mayor who does absolutely nothing and, you know, the city just sort of keeps going. It's okay. I mean, if Stintz hadn't gotten involved in the subway thing, the worst he would have been able to do was kill Transit City.

It's been kind of an ongoing conspiracy theory but I'm getting the impression that Doug is indeed running the whole show. The argument yesterday over the phone was with Price. The words "Don't bother coming in tomorrow" were shouted, yet David Price was seen in Doug's office this afternoon.

TORONTO, ON - OCTOBER 16: Framed by a large model of a shark's jaw, Mayor Rob Ford took part in the speeches as Ripley's Aquarium of Canada opened to the public. October 16, 2013.

Er, what? I'm just continually surprised how Ford's team does so well even though they miss what seem to me to be obvious opportunities.

If TCHC had planned to renovate most or all their leased space, $2M would be a fucking steal. Cubicles cost $5,000 a piece new. Buy new furniture for 100 staff and you are on your way to half a million dollars. Although when I interviewed for a job at their offices two years ago, their furniture was in good shape. Who knows what they want to do.

Interesting. Do you know if your former City Hall source or anyone else from inside the mayor's office has any intentions or is thinking of speaking publicly about their experiences once Ford is out of office?

Interesting. Do you know if your former City Hall source or anyone else from inside the mayor's office has any intentions or is thinking of speaking publicly about their experiences once Ford is out of office?

If/when Ford falls, practically...every single one of them?...will, I suspect.

Obviously MetroMan is a shark and I'm a guppy, but what he described here jives with what I've heard - a LOT of couch time. This is good news for two reasons: 1) It means that my information is the same as MetoMan's, so I've got cred now, and 2) I got to use the word "jives".

I think the real scandal is Toronto can have a mayor who does absolutely nothing and, you know, the city just sort of keeps going.

Honesty, how does anyone at City Hall even pretend that what's going on is even in the same galaxy as normal? It would be like being introduced to your buddy's work friend, only to learn that every 15 minutes a fire errupts from his pants. And you're like: "Did Eddie just spray a fire extinguisher down his pants?" And your buddy's like, "Oh, is it quarter after already? Yeah, Eddie's balls shoot fire every 15 minutes, I thought I mentioned that. Anyway, are you buying the next round?" Wouldn't you be like: "Excuse me? It is not fucking normal to have a dragon dick."

Er, what? I'm just continually surprised how Ford's team does so well even though they miss what seem to me to be obvious opportunities.

I think I get what you're saying, but I recoil at the suggestion that the press is "hostile" for any reason other than Ford is acting like the mayoral equivalent of the guy whose junk bursts into flames four times an hour.

(Sorry if I ruined the forum tonight. It's been that kind of day. I'll go now).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back