News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Globe and Mail poll is currently running with 74% (6800 votes) for Rob Ford to step down permanently.

Dear Toronto: You're Being Trolled By Ford Nation
by Reginald Braithwaite

Posted: 11/05/2013 3:07 pm

Do you ever have this nightmare?

You're on the Internet, and you're trying to explain something sensible to someone, and they're heaping abuse on you? And when you start to make headway with a point, they sideslip into something totally irrelevant? And everything that is obviously subjective is objective to them? And everything obviously objective is subjective to them?

I have this nightmare too: It's called being trolled. The primary characteristic of being trolled is when you are trying to achieve something positive, but can't make any headway because the other party's agenda is to disrupt and hijack the conversation.

Trolls are toxic. You know that, I know that. We all run into them, like the "Men's Rights" jackasses who want to turn every story of abuse into a debate about how men get raped for their sperm and sued for child support and it's a double standard.

Have you got that person in your mind? Great. Let's review who they are and what they want:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/reginald-braithwaite/rob-ford_b_4220497.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

That really works, likening Ford / his followers to trolls.

Oh, I think they very much are investigating it. The Star editor even said it today. I think they are *profoundly* interested in this. The problem is evidence. Accusing the mayor of smoking crack when they've seen visual evidence is one thing. Connecting him to a murder without hard proof is quote another.

They need the smoking gun, pardon the metaphor (which may not be a metaphor at all). That's the end game.

Yeah... I get that. But can't someone speculate? Jesus, if I put a days work in I could connect some dots... I just hate the worldwide media picking up on just our mayor smoking crack. For me, it's not about him smoking crack. It's about the connection to a god damn murder.

Some kid lost his life. Put that on the front page. That's the story.

Globe and Mail Editorial for Thursday's paper: Stop enabling Rob Ford
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...-rob-ford/article15302189/#dashboard/follows/

Toronto has a mayor who has smoked crack, lied about smoking crack, claims to not remember it because he was in a “drunken stupor†at the time, has “gotten hammered†in public on numerous occasions, has exchanged hundreds of phone calls with a suspected drug dealer and extortionist, has been observed accepting mysterious packages from the same man, and has numerous associations with other people on the fringes of the law as detailed in, among other places, a 474-page police document. Rob Ford has also refused to answer questions about nearly all of the above. And he still shows no signs of planning on stepping aside, or stepping down.

What is in this video??

Came across my Twitter:

Elliott Ross ‏@ElliottRoss6 23m

Dear God no. @briandjohnson #TOpoli Well-placed sources say 2nd #RobFord video shows the unthinkable. He's going to need a bigger basement.

What is the unthinkable? And why is this video making rounds; thought it was in police custody? (for lack of a better term)

What is the unthinkable? And why is this video making rounds; thought it was in police custody? (for lack of a better term)

The video situation is a little confusing. The first video is the infamous Rob Ford crack video. The police have a second Rob Ford video, and there appears to be a third video making the rounds of the media as well. One of those two videos (probably the third one) is rumored to show Rob Ford engaging in sex acts with a possibly underaged woman. No idea what is in the other video (the second one mentioned in Bill Blair's press conference last Thursday).

Came across my Twitter:

It thought it was established that the "unthinkable" was a Rob Ford sex video. I've heard a couple theories. One is with an really young prostitute, the other involves his wife.

Came across my Twitter:

Yeah, maybe I'm just nosy but it sounds like a lot of people are enjoying hinting at how horrible it is with no one willing to actually disclose any details. I'm curious how much longer it can stay so vague; and how much longer the first video will remain hidden if it's true that local councillors are having home screenings...

It thought it was established that the "unthinkable" was a Rob Ford sex video. I've heard a couple theories. One is with an really young prostitute, the other involves his wife.

I doubt that it involves his wife. I cannot see such a video getting the horrified reactions that I keep hearing from people who claim to have seen it.

Yeah... I get that. But can't someone speculate? Jesus, if I put a days work in I could connect some dots... I just hate the worldwide media picking up on just our mayor smoking crack. For me, it's not about him smoking crack. It's about the connection to a god damn murder.

Some kid lost his life. Put that on the front page. That's the story.

I think the media is 100% behind this story and they are just waiting for the link to become crystal clear.

The Star in particular has done an absolutely amazing job with this. Every one of their stories since mid May have been structured to fit into the larger puzzle. They had an almost daily accounting of the (usually criminal) backgrounds of the people that Ford hangs out with - look how they exposed Ford going to the correction center to talk to Bruno, and showed everyone about this guy's existence and that he is a crackhead. Then lo and behold we find out that Bruno was in the car on the way to the Garrison Ball... Plus all of their reporting on the break-ins and intimidation and beatings at 15 Windsor. They know better than anyone what the big picture looks like, but I'm sure that they want it to be locked up super tight when/if they report on any link to the Smith murder.

And let me say this - I have not for a single second thought that homicide detectives (Giroux and Schertzer) being on this case was an accident. I was re-reading the ITO today and basically the first criminal event that is listed in the ITO is the Anthony Smith murder. Then after the production order to get the phone records, the document expressly points out that Lisi and Ford had multiple contacts during the day of Smith's murder.

I think that the media knows of the possible link and they're doing everything they can to check into it, but they also know that this is a whole different scenario than claiming that Ford smoked crack, when they knew that to be 100% true.

Hey... I've been lurking this thread along with all the other hundreds but......

Is the media overlooking the Anthony smith murder? I don't understand why this hasn't been brought to the fore front. Is it just because implicating his involvement in a homicide is dangerous legal territory?
As much as the media has done GOOD on this, I feel like they aren't digging in enough.

I think it is because as of yet, they don't have a ton to go on, at least that they can publish. That is why they are going after the rest of the ITO and the Project Traveller ITO.

I am sure the police have not overlooked this angle at all. It wasn't Gary Giroux's experience that they put a homicide detective as the lead on Project Brazen. Clearly there are potential links.

Be patient, my friend....

Last edited:
"...need a bigger basement." and "the unthinkable".

Forget a sex vid, he's obviously cooking his own crack for wholesale distribution.... and it's a sex vid.

But, I think we may be trippin.....he said he had nothing else to hide. ;)

I guess if it is a private sex tape that Ford filmed with his wife then the sexual act must be very depraved to be getting such reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back