8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 21m
Back to arguments on if Khattak/counsel should see video. Nordheimer says video has potential "leads" to identify who is behind it.

This makes me think of another question council could ask tomorrow: Mayor Ford, who was filming you?

(well, I can dream, anyways...)

When was it reported he passed out in the crack tape?

It wasn't, I was just trying to match the rumors about video #2 to the idea that video #2 was the longer version of video #1
(and I had assumed that that meant that video #1 was cut from video #2, hadn't thought that video #2 could itself be edited)

It wasn't, I was just trying to match the rumors about video #2 to the idea that video #2 was the longer version of video #1
(and I had assumed that that meant that video #1 was cut from video #2, hadn't thought that video #2 could itself be edited)

Maybe not edited, maybe just filmed in fits and starts?

I am wondering whether the "long" and "short" versions are both video #1. My guess (hope, also) is that the short version is just Ford smoking crack, and the longer version shows Ford passed out, gang signs, etc., if the chatter is to be believed. I could see how Chief, Crown and/or judge left that part out as "not relevant" (and unnecessarily embarrassing). Which leaves a separate video #2.

The whole "subset of 2 videos, but separate," is a bit confusing. I like the "passed out with gangsters" idea; it's the most realistic one I've heard so far, especially if it was taken at the same time (which is what's implied).

A bunch of fools dancing around the passed-out mayor is awful bad optics. But if they're brandishing GUNS (implying, among other things, they could kill him if they wished) would be very, very bad for the mayor who showed up at the Eaton Centre and Danzig, ruling during the "Summer of the Gun" etc. Drugs you can rack up to a substance abuse issue (not that he is going that far!) but drugs AND guns? that might actually shake loose another 1-2% of Ford Nation!

The whole "subset of 2 videos, but separate," is a bit confusing. I like the "passed out with gangsters" idea; it's the most realistic one I've heard so far, especially if it was taken at the same time (which is what's implied).

A bunch of fools dancing around the passed-out mayor is awful bad optics. But if they're brandishing GUNS (implying, among other things, they could kill him if they wished) would be very, very bad for the mayor who showed up at the Eaton Centre and Danzig, ruling during the "Summer of the Gun" etc. Drugs you can rack up to a substance abuse issue (not that he is going that far!) but drugs AND guns? that might actually shake loose another 1-2% of Ford Nation!

My personal feeling, based on absolutely nothing but gut instinct, is that this is all about one video, and that there's a totally different video that will be viewed. Blair said two videos were recovered, right? I suppose it's possible that the person had the short and the long version on their hard drive for, as has been suggested here, blackmail purposes. But I think it's more likely that he wouldn't have referred to that eventuality as two videos. Again, that's just a feeling based on no evidence.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 17s
Now Mayor Rob Ford signing Rob Ford fridge magnets #TOpoli #robbiebobbie

Alright, that's enough. What, is he going to start signing reference letters for random criminals next? Or, I mean again?

EDIT: He's spent the whole work day signing things!

GAH! I feel like Frank Grimes in his final moments right now.

I don't need to do my work, 'cause someone else will do it for me. (slaps himself on the forehead) D'oh! D'oh! D'oh!

Last edited:
We know that the crack video ends with the phone ringing and Rob Ford saying "that better not be on," so unless he starts passed out and wakes up to smoke crack, Rob Ford passed out would have to be a different video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back