8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 46m
There was some confusion but after clarifying with Crown: The full video, which includes the alleged crack portion, is 90 seconds.

Therefore the other video is something different, or it includes a lot of extra material at the head, before the crack smoking.

If both videos contain the same footage then why would Chief Blair say the video and another video would be presented in court as evidence? One video is 90 seconds long and the other is a shorter version of it. That's how I'm understanding it to be. So confused.

If both videos contain the same footage then why would Chief Blair say the video and another video would be presented in court as evidence? One video is 90 seconds long and the other is a shorter version of it. That's how I'm understanding it to be. So confused.

Maybe the shorter one because it's the specific version of the video that was used by the blackmailers and so is the one directly relevant to the stuff in the Traveller document and mentioned within it, and the other as a general video that has that stuff and also some other things?

Maybe the shorter one because it's the specific version of the video that was used by the blackmailers and so is the one directly relevant to the stuff in the Traveller document and mentioned within it, and the other as a general video that has that stuff and also some other things?
But Doolittle has said the video she saw was 90 seconds. That's the longer one.

I'm wondering if all these RoC candidates are running to make sure that Ford doesn't win. Surely they're smart enough to realize that if you have a million RoC candidates (Stintz, Tory, Soknacki, Ford, DMW) splitting the RoC vote and only one LoC candidate (Chow), the LoC candidate is probably going to win ;)
They're running because that's what politicians do -- pounce when they see weakness, in this case Ford's.

I also expect some LoC Councilors to eventually join the race. I would be really surprised if they all deferred to Chow, someone who hasn't been on Council in a decade.

Norm Kelly has been sickening. Similarly, Gord Perks is essentially defending Ford's right to continue on twitter at this very moment. I'm resisting the urge to jump into the discussion. It makes my brain bleed to think that this will continue. At this point I am assuming the left is just waiting for further humiliation as opposed to ending it. They must be waiting to see Ford dragged out of city hall in handcuffs. While I can understand wanting to see this from an electioneering perspective, it's blowing my mind. This whole thing is a nightmare. I would be MORE than satisfied Ford resigning and being dragged out of his *home* in handcuffs. Suits me fine.
You might be right here. I'm not sure if Gord is being that calculated or just defending a principle he happens to really believe in. But for those on the left, the longer this plays out, the better it "could" be for their candidate.

The only thing I did not like on CNN was that they made it seem like Ford will get re-elected easily. This makes us all look like retards. What is the sum of our IQ if we vote this guy back in. The dumbing down of society is upon us.
They also called e-Health as the creation of a "national" health records system, when they should have said provincial. Minor, I know.

DMW is clearly trying to kick of his campaign under the mantle of Ford-dethroner
Even if he was going to run, I wish he'd just come out now and announce he's not running (as he almost-certainly wouldn't win anyway). His motion would have so much more heft if it couldn't be viewed as opportunistic. I'm liking his hard line stance though and disappointed that more of Council isn't doing the same.

Heads up!

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 30s
Mayor Ford's office confirms he will be holding a news conference at 4:30 today. @Cp24 will have LIVE coverage. #ToPoli

EDIT: it is expected the news conference will be about aid to the Philippines.

Last edited:
We know that the crack video ends with the phone ringing and Rob Ford saying "that better not be on," so unless he starts passed out and wakes up to smoke crack, Rob Ford passed out would have to be a different video.

we don't know that that is the "end." After Ford's warning, the person with the iPhone stops filming. Ford puffs some more... 10 minutes pass.... the guy turns it on again. It can still be from the same day.

Heads up!

EDIT: it is expected the news conference will be about aid to the Philippines.

I hope he's not going to send them bobbleheads.

Note: I do not in any way, shape or form think that what is going on in the Philippines is funny. On the other hand, I have no confidence that Ford will do or say anything meaningful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back