News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
* $88,000 -- Eliminate two new full-time heritage positions in Planning department

This will get the UT community up in arms. Of course, Ford would happily see heritage buildings get demolished to build mini-marts and parking lots, so it's no surprise that he has this department in his sights.

Smoke, meet fire. Maybe there's something in the Doolittle book about the jail beating. If he wants to clear the air of insinuations he should speak to police instead of the one reporter who will print his fables while asking no questions. So now we know at least two of his ex-players have found jail post high-school, and another prominent five-year player was involved in the terrible Christopher Skinner murder. Wonder what the ratio of jail to scholarships for his players is. Not the role model he portrayed himself as, but back in 2010 even those of us who hate everything about him couldn't imagine what a gang-connected criminal hangabout New Jack City wannabee he is.

Last edited:
From today's Warmington column:

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/29/mayor-ford-i-had-nothing-to-do-with-anthony-smiths-murder

Same goes for media questions sent to the mayor's office asking whether he was involved in having former football players he coached assault his sister's ex-boyfriend inside the Toronto West Detention Centre.

If true that's news to me. I knew about the incident of course but not that there was potentially any actual link to Ford. Had I missed that previously or is it new information?

From today's Warmington column:

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/29/mayor-ford-i-had-nothing-to-do-with-anthony-smiths-murder

If true that's news to me. I knew about the incident of course but not that there was potentially any actual link to Ford. Had I missed that previously or is it new information?

News to me too. Exciting news! I sure hope Rob has lots more to say about how two of his former players beat the shit out of MacIntyre and it's all just a big coincidence!

The millionaire mayor that opposes everything, does nothing, claims credit for everything and tries to make himself a friend of the everyman. Remember how he constantly makes appearances in the suburbs at the tower complexes? That ties into this.

Mayor Ford hones populist image as he enters Toronto budget debate today
JILL MAHONEY
The Globe and Mail
Published Wednesday, Jan. 29 2014, 7:06 AM EST
Last updated Wednesday, Jan. 29 2014, 7:58 AM EST

In the past few days, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has shown up at a dinner for a business group that publicly called on him to step aside – and which says he arrived uninvited. He’s also claimed he found $50-million in budget cuts but doesn’t want to try to build advance support from city councillors because he doesn’t trust them.

Are Mr. Ford’s recent moves the clumsy fumbling of a doomed politician? Or, as municipal observers argue, are they part of a populist mayor’s re-election strategy?

“The campaign is on as far as Mayor Ford is concerned,†said Myer Siemiatycki, a municipal politics expert at Ryerson University. “It’s evident he plans to try to take advantage of every day between now and election day.â€

Mr. Ford’s apparent strategy is likely to be aired Wednesday as city council debates the 2014 budget in what is expected to be a heated meeting. The Mayor, who opposes the executive committee’s budget, is promising to present more than $50-million in spending cuts on the floor of council. He has said that councillors, who stripped him of many of his powers after revelations of his drug and alcohol use, “stabbed me in the back.â€

Mr. Ford’s positioning on the budget issue appears to be part of an effort to bolster his image as a gravy-train-cutting mayor while creating a contrast between himself and the rest of council in advance of the Oct. 27 election, said Lorne Bozinoff, president of Forum Research, a polling company.

“This is the trap that he’s set for them. He wants them not to pick up on his suggestions. He’s not going to bend over backwards and encourage them. His argument is this: ‘Look, I suggested these savings.’ He wants to be on the campaign trail and say, ‘Hey, I can cut $50-million. I tried to do it and council said no’,†he said. “The central theory of his campaign will be rejection of elites.â€

Prof. Siemiatycki agreed, saying Mr. Ford appears to be reaching “beyond City Hall†to burnish his image with voters.

“I think he has so burnt bridges and alienated his fellow members of council, the media, large cross-sections of Toronto that his only hope, in a way, can be to run a campaign based on a subtext of. ‘They’ve done me wrong and I’m the protector and saviour of Toronto taxpayers’.â€

Meanwhile, Mr. Ford’s awkward appearance at the Toronto Region Board of Trade’s annual dinner on Monday can also be seen through the lens of political strategy. The Mayor, who wasn’t on the guest list, was given an empty seat at a table in a back corner and left after about half an hour.

“He picks his spots of where he wants to be seen and who he wants to cultivate and show support for,†Prof. Siemiatycki said. “So I think clearly he saw the Board of Trade [dinner] was an opportunity for him to try to message: ‘I am still the mayor, I am still the leader’.â€

Mr. Ford’s presence has sparked a debate over whether he was even invited to attend the dinner. The Board, which called on Mr. Ford to take a leave of absence for the sake of the city after he admitted to using crack cocaine, says he wasn’t invited. Mr. Ford’s Twitter account distributed a photo of an invitation letter dated Nov. 11. A board spokesman said the letter was sent inadvertently and that the board left a voicemail with Mr. Ford’s office to confirm he was not invited.

“He’s trying to show that he’s still the mayor and is going to go to events where the mayor would traditionally go,†Mr. Bozinoff said. “He doesn’t seem to be in any way reluctant or afraid to go places where he’s not particulaly going to get a good reception.â€

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-toronto-budget-debate-today/article16566885/

Rob may be feeling the pressure since he knows Dolittle's "Crazy Town" book is about to be released, sparking a whole new round of media inquiries. How can this guy run a full-blown campaign over the next nine months without talking to any press but feeble-minded Warmington?

Not a shock...

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 2m

Deputy Mayor says the budget chief told him Mayor Ford's secret savings motions have been already discounted by staffers.

Rob may be feeling the pressure since he knows Dolittle's "Crazy Town" book is about to be released, sparking a whole new round of media inquiries. How can this guy run a full-blown campaign over the next nine months without talking to any press but feeble-minded Warmington?

Even talking to Warmington is hurting Rob. Today he re-opened the Anthony Smith murder, and referred to a jail house beating that most of us had never heard of. Rob needs to learn that he doesn't have any friends in the media and STFU.

He doesn't need to talk to the press to get coverage. He barely showed up to a dinner he wasn't invited to, and it was front page news.

I
the idea that he keeps calling Warmington every day and Warmington runs whatever crap the mayor boohoos to him about is nearly as offensive as this whole budget strategy he has, keeping his "secret" savings until the last minute precisely so he can lose each motion 44-1 and campaign on it. Over $12 on a tax bill.

He is like the Anti-Leader. A mayor in reverse where everyday is backwards day.
Vote for me 'cuz everyone hates me!
Feel sorry for me enough to make me mayor and I will cut your taxes! (Except that I won't because everyone hates me and I can't get anything passed.)

The jailhouse beating of MacIntyre, and possible link to Ford via ex-Bosco players, is actually old news. It was reported by the Sun back on Nov. 7. I was surprised at the time that the judge's comments didn't get more play in the media. Ford fatigue I guess. So this very dodgy incident was forgotten by most, until Ford the idiot brought it up again himself. He really has no clue...

Man beaten because he was 'bother' to Rob Ford: Judge

TORONTO - A former common-law spouse of Kathy Ford who vowed to expose the Ford family to the media was savagely beaten in jail because he was a “bother” to the mayor, a judge told his sentencing hearing.

Justice Paul French said Scott MacIntyre “was viciously attacked and severely beaten” by inmates on March 12, 2012, in a “jailhouse justice” episode after the former boyfriend of Ford’s sister Kathy sent two letters. French concluded that the beating "was visited upon MacIntyre because of his being a bother to (Mayor) Ford.”

MacIntyre’s letters were intercepted from the Metro West Detention Centre last year. One letter meant for Kathy Ford included “messages to convince her to drop the charges, words to the effect … stop this s--- or I am going to start a s--- storm. You … think I should play nice, f--- you,’” French said in a transcript.

“A second letter, addressed I believe, to the Star, indicated a reporter should come and speak to Mr. MacIntyre for information that he could divulge to the papers.”

More than 18 months after the March 2012 beating — which left MacIntyre with a broken leg, shattered teeth and other injuries — questions remain on the horrible assault. No one has been arrested and authorities Thursday declined to release any information.

Ontario Correctional Services spokesman Brent Ross confirmed an investigation was conducted in the beating but “the substance of that investigation is confidential and cannot be released.”

Ross said all correctional facilities’ investigations are confidential.

Toronto Police spokesman Const. Wendy Drummond said she had no information to provide at press time.

There is no known link between MacIntyre’s beating and the explosive Ford video divulged Thursday.

A transcript of MacIntyre’s sentencing proceeding in June 2012 revealed that he was jailed for 10 months for uttering death threats, possession and attempting to break a court order — which was prohibiting him from communicating with the Fords.

MacIntyre, a convicted drug dealer who burst into Ford’s home while demanding money the Fords owed him, later threatened to kill the civic leader on Jan. 11, 2012.

MacIntyre came close to Ford, screaming, “You owe me money and your sister owes me money. If I don’t get it, they will kill me,” French said.

“You and your family are going to get it; you are going to pay for it.”

The heated argument “almost came to physical violence,” the judge said.

French said it was expected it would take a year for MacIntyre to recover from the “catastrophic leg injuries.”

At the sentencing hearing, both Fords generously urged leniency and freedom for MacIntyre.

His lawyer Sam Boutzouvis said his strung-out client “never intended to go to threaten Mr. Ford. It was meant to get a message to Kathy and it deteriorated from there.”

MacIntyre has racked up drug offences, starting 28 years ago. He was busted with heroin and cocaine within hours of his confrontation with the mayor.

MacIntyre is now free.

The mayor declined to comment Thursday night.

The jailhouse beating of MacIntyre, and possible link to Ford via ex-Bosco players, is actually old news. It was reported by the Sun back on Nov. 7. I was surprised at the time that the judge's comments didn't get more play in the media. Ford fatigue I guess. So this very dodgy incident was forgotten by most, until Ford the idiot brought it up again himself. He really has no clue...

Man beaten because he was 'bother' to Rob Ford: Judge

The beating and connection to Ford vis a vis McIntyre isn't new, but the allegation that it was Don Bosco alumni who might have carried out the beating is something I hadn't heard before today.

So I guess Ford will be suing Judge French? Hahahahah. Reporters need to ask Robbie exact question that every chance they get, now that he has opened up this can of worms.

What gave the judge such confidence that Ford was linked to this beating? The mind reels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back