News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
My recollection is that the CBC stood by this story even after Blair's statements, but I can't find anything now that says it directly. This article is the closest thing I could find, and it challenges at least one part of the statement:

I think you're correct about the CBC standing by the story from what I remember. Also something I read more recently was that Blair passed the recordings up to the OPP who also confirmed his account. Trying to find a link.

Edit: found it.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/01/20/opp-commissioner-confirms-blairs-account-of-rob-fords-911-call/

The OPP commissioner has upheld Chief Bill Blair’s description of a controversial 911 call placed from the mayor’s house after a CBC ombudsman’s report questioned the chief’s impartiality.

Chief Blair referred the matter to Ontario Provincial Police Commissioner Chris Lewis for an independent review after a report from CBC ombudsman Kirk LaPointe suggested the chief’s description of the call may lack credibility because he was “not a disinterested party.”

“I have reviewed the three Toronto Police Service recordings you provided. I can confirm that the statement you made… is an accurate interpretation of the content of the tapes,” Commissioner Lewis said in a brief letter addressed to Chief Blair, released Friday by the Toronto Police Service.

I think you're correct about the CBC standing by the story from what I remember. Also something I read more recently was that Blair passed the recordings up to the OPP who also confirmed his account. Trying to find a link.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/01/20/opp-commissioner-confirms-blairs-account-of-rob-fords-911-call/

Thanks for clearing this up. I know how badly this whole Ford thing is affecting me, because part of me wants Ford to have called the dispatchers bad names; I guess that given all the stuff we know about Ford, I'm just inclined to believe the worst of him at all times. That's pretty messed up, but then the Fords are pretty messed up.

Thanks for clearing this up. I know how badly this whole Ford thing is affecting me, because part of me wants Ford to have called the dispatchers bad names; I guess that given all the stuff we know about Ford, I'm just inclined to believe the worst of him at all times. That's pretty messed up, but then the Fords are pretty messed up.

Agree completely - I feel the same way.

However, I don't think we can completely rule out the idea (like others here have mentioned) that Blair and the OPP commissioner parsed their words very carefully such that they're technically true, while still leaving open the possibility that Ford acted like an imbecilic, belligerent piece of trash towards the 911 operators.

Hey, who knows? Blair only denied some of the very specific wording of the original claims about the 911 call. For all we know the actual one could have been much worse. Like, maybe Ford called the dispatchers the C-word instead of bitches. It wouldn't be out of character.

Hey, who knows? Blair only denied some of the very specific wording of the original claims about the 911 call. For all we know the actual one could have been much worse. Like, maybe Ford called the dispatchers the C-word instead of bitches. It wouldn't be out of character.

As unacceptable as such ( alleged ) language is, especially coming from the Mayor, if you think it's tough on the civilian Call Receivers, you can imagine how unpleasant it is when "in your face" for the Police and Paramedics.

As unacceptable as such ( alleged ) language is, especially coming from the Mayor, if you think it's tough on the civilian Call Receivers, you can imagine how unpleasant it is when "in your face" for the Police and Paramedics.

Just in general, or specifically from the Mayor?

Joking aside, it's worth acknowledging that emergency dispatcher cannot be an easy job. Same goes for paramedics and police. I know for sure that nurses (not just emergency nurses, but all types) too often endure very unpleasant abuse both coming and going: from [some] doctors on one side, and [some] patients/relatives on the other side.

All of us who don't deal with people at their worst day in, day out, should be appropriately grateful for the massive break we get by default every day.

Last edited:

Chief Blair referred the matter to Ontario Provincial Police Commissioner Chris Lewis for an independent review after a report from CBC ombudsman Kirk LaPointe suggested the chief’s description of the call may lack credibility because he was “not a disinterested party.”

How far we have come in 2 years. From a media outlet suggesting Blair is biased for the Fords to the Fords attacking Blair for being biased against them.

Also:
http://torontoist.com/2014/02/the-rob-and-doug-ford-web-show-recap-the-shame-edition/
Torontoist recap of latest Rob and Doug show is up.

Last edited:
All of us who don't deal with people at their worst day in, day out, should be appropriately grateful for the massive break we get by default every day.

You can't let it get to you. If you do, you're finished. You've got to be cheerful, because that's your job.

Ford taking on the Chief right now. He's done nothing illegal, and the Chief needs to apologize to the taxpayers for spending money following him around.

Wow, Ford just went off on a tear on CP24, after coming out to announce some rink openings. "If he's going to arrest me, then he should arrest me!", was my favorite statement. Ball's in your court, Blair.

WOW at the press conference Ford is giving right now. The investigation that caught him doing those things was investigating Lisi who WAS ARRESTED. Holy sh*tballs, he is going off of the edge right now.

Ford taking on the Chief right now. He's done nothing illegal, and the Chief needs to apologize to the taxpayers for spending money following him around.

"I've done nothing illegal, except purchase and ingest the illegal drugs I already admitted to...."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back