News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford Pool *Updated* Let me know if there are any errors/omissions.
Please put me down for June 27. That's the Friday before the Canada Day long weekend. (And thanks for keeping track of this, basic!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bobbleheads will pay for the trip--

reporterdonpeat 12:28pm via Web
Still waiting for a response from Mayor Rob Ford's spokesman on who paid for the mayor & the mayor's staff to go to Hollywood.

Have we decided what the winner of the arrest pool gets?

I just thought of something. Imagine if word got around that this pool was happening and the media asked the Ford's what they thought about it? I can just picture Doug saying how disgusting this is. It'd be great :)

Y'know, I thought there was something fishy about Slob and Thug's story about attending the Academy Awards. Given the limited seating for such an event, with every power broker in Hollywood undoubtably wanting to claw a way in, there was no way some sideshow carnival freak/flavor of the month whose claim to "fame" is as the butt of late-night jokes was going to be granted admission, never mind his entourage, i.e. Doug or Randy. So what was the point of such a nonsensical tale? Just to make them seem more important? Or did Kimmel actually string them along with empty promises of getting them into the show? The latter is indeed a hilarious notion. It would make these assholes look like even bigger rubes.

From the media's scathing tone regarding Fatso's Trip To La-La Land, it would appear people are well and truly fed up with the Fords' endless capacity for self-aggrandizement. And make no mistake, shameless self-promotion was the only motivating factor in this surreal little episode.

Have we decided what the winner of the arrest pool gets?

I just thought of something. Imagine if word got around that this pool was happening and the media asked the Ford's what they thought about it? I can just picture Doug saying how disgusting this is. It'd be great :)

Regardless of who guesses the correct date we all win.

Posted by Son of Scrimbo in the Globe comments...just had to repost:

Don't feel too bad for Robbie missing the Oscars. Little do his critics know his trip down to Hollywood (minus the people whose job it is to, you know, actually promote us in that town, but who needs them when we've got Mr. Fun Times over there?) is actually a cover for his pitch meetings with big studio executives.

In fact, my sources tell me Ford is busy right now pitching the following films based on his life:

- 12 Years a Slave -- to Crack: a harrowing story about one man's valiant struggle against people who should, like, chill out and to be so judgey about a bit of crack

- Etobicoke Buyers Club: a harrowing story about a young man building an empire in the flower of his youth, and the little brother who threatened to make it all fall down

- Frozen (In Time Around 1962): a harrowing story of one man's valiant efforts to turn back the clock to a time when men were men, women cooked at home and nobody insisted on the boss's son having any, like, skills or talents

- Her: the harrowing story of a woman standing resolutely beside a powerful powerful figure, except when he needs to let loose at the nightclub, or during his buddy's mother's funeral, or when he has a chance to meet famous people, or...

- The Bull of Bay Street: the harrowing story of a man stuck in an elevator for 45 minutes while titans of industry watch their chicken go cold

- Gravity: basically just a collage of YouTube clips of Ford falling off a scale, tripping on a football field, falling down drunk...

Ha, has this been 'shopped or did Kimmel really have "Frod" printed for the door? ;)

TheGrumpierHobbit ‏@AGrumpyHobbit 3h
Seems Jimmy Kimmel invited @TOMayorFrod on his show, but instead a Crackhead showed up #TOpoli @RichardFeren pic.twitter.com/b4WSLcIBwO
Bhz-AV4CcAAGCoR.png:large

Y'know, I thought there was something fishy about Slob and Thug's story about attending the Academy Awards. Given the limited seating for such an event, with every power broker in Hollywood undoubtably wanting to claw a way in, there was no way some sideshow carnival freak/flavor of the month whose claim to "fame" is as the butt of late-night jokes was going to be granted admission, never mind his entourage, i.e. Doug or Randy. So what was the point of such a nonsensical tale? Just to make them seem more important? Or did Kimmel actually string them along with empty promises of getting them into the show? The latter is indeed a hilarious notion. It would make these assholes look like even bigger rubes.

From the media's scathing tone regarding Fatso's Trip To La-La Land, it would appear people are well and truly fed up with the Fords' endless capacity for self-aggrandizement. And make no mistake, shameless self-promotion was the only motivating factor in this surreal little episode.

My guess is that Kimmel had intended to sneak Ford onto the Red Carpet and interact with the arriving guests. *They mentioned having to pull the plug due for security reasons. *It probably has less with worrying about Ford's well being and more about security not allowing Kimmel's team to prank people on the red carpet.

If you search "Rob Ford" on twitter now there are hundreds of tweets of various people asking Jimmy Kimmel to get Ford to do his "Jamaican patois" impression tonight. :rolleyes: There isn't a common hashtag so it's really weird that it's caught on like that.

So what was the point of such a nonsensical tale? Just to make them seem more important?

Probably just the same delusions of grandeur they've always had. Like how when Rob was in Ottawa he figured he'd just waltz into Lansdowne Park and they'd give him a grand tour of the construction.

Rob is so absurdly delusional that once in a blue moon it works out spectacularly in his favour.

These morons probably really did think that because of their 15 minutes of fame in the US they could probably score a last minute invitation and walk the red carpet.

They probably really do think that they're putting Toronto on the map, and that Kimmel et al are laughing with Rob not at him; that he's achieved his notoriety because of his "amusing" faults, but the world obviously sees past his flaws and recognize the gregarious individual and great mayor that he is.

It doesn't matter whether people react positively or negatively towards them, they rationalize any response as validation of his idiotic actions.

From Wikipedia's entry on delusion:

"Explaining the causes of delusions continues to be challenging and several theories have been developed. One is the genetic or biological theory, which states that close relatives of people with delusional disorder are at increased risk of delusional traits."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back