8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
ddale8 2:22pm via Web
Once-restrained councillor: "@JoshMatlow I love my city. Today, it's shamefully being represented on world stage by a dancing circus bear."

Are they changing the locks at city hall?

My guess is that Kimmel had intended to sneak Ford onto the Red Carpet and interact with the arriving guests. *They mentioned having to pull the plug due for security reasons. *It probably has less with worrying about Ford's well being and more about security not allowing Kimmel's team to prank people on the red carpet.

If this was Kimmel's intention (as would seem to be the case), then perhaps he should be thankful it never had the chance to occur. Ford isn't exactly what you'd call easily controlled, and I'd say there was far too much opportunity for things to go horribly off-course. He's not a "star," as Dofo pathetically claims, not even of the has-been variety. I think a lot of Hollywood's movers and shakers would have been openly contemptuous of him, and we all know how Ford reacts to snooty-snoot elitists lookin' down their noses at him. When I heard that Kimmel was supposedly going to have His Oafship on the red carpet, I honestly wondered if we'd finally get the spectacular public meltdown from Ford that we've all been expecting for years now, complete with him physically attacking someone - and an actual Hollywood celeb, no less - who had the temerity to treat him with open revulsion and/or disrespect.

People are so used to viewing Ford as 'harmlessly' stupid they forget that he's also violent and unstable. If something along those lines had occured, Kimmel would have gotten his fair share of the blame. I think he should count his lucky stars events never had the chance to go in that direction.

Huh?

goldsbie 2:51pm via Web
Rob Ford tells TMZ: "I wish I was as successful as Justin Bieber was."

Huh?

goldsbie 2:51pm via Web
Rob Ford tells TMZ: "I wish I was as successful as Justin Bieber was."

He's been saying this a lot whenever he's asked about Bieber... He just means, you know, super wealthy and famous at such a young age. Really a strange thing for a mayor to say, but I get where he's coming from - I think all of us could agree that entering your 20s with millions of dollars and an adoring fanbase would have made for a comfortable life (if you were mature enough to handle it).

I just hope we have a way to stream the show tonight ... City puts all their shows up online after the fact. I'm *sure* there's some freedom-lovin' American who rebroadcasts his local ABC affiliate over the Internet, now I just have the evening to track him down.

not much news from Dale on the TSN Radio broadcast. Host asked him if he knew where Ford is at this moment, Dale said no. A bit about the reaction of L.A. locals to Ford (which Dale has already tweeted about & posted on the Star's site).

When discussing what tone they think Kimmel will take with Ford (making him a good guy or a bad guy), the host said he thinks Kimmel will eviscerate Ford because "why not?" -- he's not going to have him back on the show so why should he play nice?

If you search "Rob Ford" on twitter now there are hundreds of tweets of various people asking Jimmy Kimmel to get Ford to do his "Jamaican patois" impression tonight. :rolleyes: There isn't a common hashtag so it's really weird that it's caught on like that.

Tim and Sid on Sportsnet Fan590 started that earlier in their show

I remember when Hugh Grant was on the Tonight Show after his prostitute scandal and the first thing Leno asked was "what the hell were you thinking?". Maybe we'll get something like that out of Kimmel tonight but probably not. I heard that Kimmel has been following the Ford saga even before the crack scandal broke. So maybe he'll just fawn over Ford and ask softball questions. Frankly, he has nothing to lose by being tough on him. Should be an interesting interview.

not much news from Dale on the TSN Radio broadcast. Host asked him if he knew where Ford is at this moment, Dale said no. A bit about the reaction of L.A. locals to Ford (which Dale has already tweeted about & posted on the Star's site).

When discussing what tone they think Kimmel will take with Ford (making him a good guy or a bad guy), the host said he thinks Kimmel will eviscerate Ford because "why not?" -- he's not going to have him back on the show so why should he play nice?

I listen to 1050 from about 8:30 am till whenever I get home at night. I can't believe how much they've been talking about Ford today, just before Leafs Lunch, Macko and Cauz were talking about it, then at the beginning of Leafs lunch, Hayes, O'Neill and McLennan were, then the interview. I can't believe how much this story has crossed into sports radio and it has nothing to do with Ford's love of football or hockey. There was absolutely no mention of sports in any of these conversations.

I wasn't going to watch tonight because I hate giving Ford attention and I also know it's going to be very uncomfortable in many ways, but I will watch. Through my fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back