News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am unfortunately unfamiliar with how it works in Canada, but I know it's a similar system - i.e. your set top box is not broadcasting your viewing habits to the provider unless you are part of this system (not to mention that would discount the sizeable viewership of OTA broadcasts)

BBM doesn't use data from set top boxes, they use their PPM which counts a view as being in audible range of a tv, radio, webcast or movie.

BBM doesn't use data from set top boxes, they use their PPM which counts a view as being in audible range of a tv, radio, webcast or movie.

What a peculiar and somewhat elegant solution to the problem... What about deaf people? ;-)

What a peculiar and somewhat elegant solution to the problem... What about deaf people? ;-)

The PPM device has to be able to 'hear', not the person.
I guess if a deaf person is selected they'd be asked to make sure their tv is turned up.

What would happen if the Energizer Bunny mated with Chucky: http://www.latimes.com/local/abcari...b-ford-20140225,0,7192098.story#axzz2uvu2CB00

This bit at the end sums it up so well. We're not looking for someone perfect:
When Lauer reminded him of his Jamaican-inflected tirade, Ford riposted with his favorite peremptory defense: “You know what, Matt? Maybe you’re perfect, but I’m not.”
Perfection? I think the citizens of Toronto would probably settle for a chief executive who does not lie, is not self-deluded, does not smoke crack (even occasionally), is not a raving alcoholic, does not hang out with known criminals, is not the subject of domestic violence calls to police and is not under the cloud of a criminal investigation.

http://www.latimes.com/local/abcari...b-ford-20140225,0,7192098.story#ixzz2uwDpt0kY

Last edited:
Oh, it's television, Kimmel's people aren't going to let anything too crazy happen or go to air. I don't think we should expect a meltdown. I think we should expect a nice injection of schadenfreude watching Ford look like a complete idiot on broadcast television - again.

It gets taped at 4:30 Pacific apparently, so if there's desperate whining from the Ford camp around 8:00 our time, expect it to be pretty lively show.

Do you think that Seth MacFarlane would want to grill Rob Ford, especially given that Seth was last year's Oscar host and is a strong liberal atheist (yet condones fictional misogyny)?

It's a promotional still for their new reality series "Dick Dynasty"

Bwahahahaha!!!!!

So how easy is it to get a ticket to the show? I went to LA in 2000 and went to the Leno show but I can't remember how we got tickets, if we got them the same day or ahead of time. Would someone like Dale or another media person be able to get in and live tweet?

Bwahahahaha!!!!!

So how easy is it to get a ticket to the show? I went to LA in 2000 and went to the Leno show but I can't remember how we got tickets, if we got them the same day or ahead of time. Would someone like Dale or another media person be able to get in and live tweet?

PERSONAL ITEMS
Cell phones are allowed but must be powered down upon entry to the studio. NO CAMERAS, BACKPACKS, large shopping bags, recording devices, digital equipment, sharp objects of any kind, mace, spray bottles, promotional items, books or food will be allowed in the studio. Please leave these items in your car. If you bring these or any similar items, you can check them at the door and pick them up from security as you exit the studio.

Sounds like a notepad and pen is the only recording option if any reporters make it in.

That's quite an extensive list of prohibited items - luckily the Ford brothers themselves aren't in any danger of violating the "no sharp objects of any kind" rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back