News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, I don't read in Kimmel's tweet that Rob Ford himself will get any time on the show. Maybe Kimmel will "promote Toronto" (in some way that hopefully doesn't make us look like even bigger fools -- if that's possible.)

Really, his viewers don't want to see Rob Ford Skyped in on screen to talk about the CN Tower and the Argos. He's not going to get more mileage out of the gag.

From your typing fingers to the police's ears and handcuffs.

It keeps going through my mind that, because of Ford and his crack pipe, Anthony Smith is dead. No one will ever convince me that the video didn't play a part in his killing.

Last edited:
Maybe Kimmel will simply say that 'Toronto is a great city, worth visiting, and i didn't intend to imply otherwise last night'.

actually, I don't read in Kimmel's tweet that Rob Ford himself will get any time on the show. Maybe Kimmel will "promote Toronto" (in some way that hopefully doesn't make us look like even bigger fools -- if that's possible.)

Really, his viewers don't want to see Rob Ford Skyped in on screen to talk about the CN Tower and the Argos. He's not going to get more mileage out of the gag.

I'm worried too, if Kimmel decides to pay back Ford for lying, it could get interesting again.

From your typing fingers to the police's ears and handcuffs.
Woah. I said "50% guaranteed"

If the cops want to look into the possibility that you mention, that's up to them.
---
I am far removed from the situation, in fact, I'm closer to Mexico than Toronto.
I just can't get Occam's Razor out of my head.

Train wreck person does lots O' drugs
Gets regularly completely fucked up
Thinks he's "Bigtime" stops caring who sees
Gets robbed/videoed/etc
Pays up once or twice
Keeps being a waste-case
Videoed again
Blackmailed
???

Although, this is a real life soap opera, so maybe he is just a regular not perfect Joe.
...from Etbiocoke.

Last edited:
Question, who & where is Ford Nation?
just a clip to be fair: see the total article, if you wish, at: Toronto Star Ford Nation doesn't live in Etobicoke, according to Ipsos
Ipsos...
Pollster John Wright pored over his data to paint a demographic picture of Ford Nation: low-income, less-educated — and spread across the city.
His first surprise was that Ford Nation — defined as those who will vote for Ford no matter what — for the most part don’t live in Etobicoke.
They are predominantly people with lower-income and lower education levels. Some 44 per cent of respondents who don’t have a high school diploma support Ford
“What’s happened is more-educated and higher-income voters, who may have been on board because they like the message of fiscal integrity and respecting taxpayers’ money, have gone away because they feel like they don’t like the behaviour,†he said.
Like · · Share · 9 minutes ago near Toronto

“What’s happened is more-educated and higher-income voters, who may have been on board because they like the message of fiscal integrity and respecting taxpayers’ money, have gone away because they feel like they don’t like the behaviour,†he said.
“You still have people who believe in the message, but not in the man.

Kimmel just tweeted:

"For the record, I did NOT apologize. But @TOMayorFord did want more time to promote #Toronto and I will make good on that tonight"
I think the Ford brothers are gong to find that if they try and push their BS with Kimmel, it is going to completely blow up up in their bloated faces.

It is one thing to take on fellow councilors or even the chief of police by spouting ridiculous crap; it is quite another to try it with an intelligent comedian.

Last edited:
This is a great analysis of Rf's appearance on JK, and of comedians doing satire in general.

Jimmy Kimmel’s American Hustle on Ford Nation
http://truthmashup.tumblr.com/post/78560026929/jimmy-kimmels-american-hustle-on-ford-nation

By Dan Speerin

…Or How Nero Nation Went to Hollywood

It is said that while Rome burned Nero handed out magnets with his phone number on them....

Kimmel didn’t make Rob Ford stand there and take it, he made US stand there and take it. You at home, watch the same videos you clicked so many times, but now watch them with the man himself awkwardly sweating through it. Laughter is the best medicine and Toronto certainly needed a dose of it.
Jimmy Kimmel isn’t in the political satire game, but his brief contribution to comedic journalism was more effective with Ford in one segment, than all the one-on-one’s in Canada combined.

OMG: At 1:40 of this video, Doug claims that the Ford campaign as "one of the top computer guys in the country". So great, that he's mastered the "replace all" function on his word processor ("PlasTTC" and "noTTCeably").

The "best computer guy in the country" had the site live on the public internet while he was designing it: http://imgur.com/a/EXIbg#0

He's using a generic $75 Wordpress theme: http://www.templatemonster.com/demo/45049.html

And he managed to somehow have a largely static site crash under load; no CDN set up, just a caching plugin installed in WP.

His "best guy" is an amateur... at best!

Question, who & where is Ford Nation?
just a clip to be fair: see the total article, if you wish, at: Toronto Star Ford Nation doesn't live in Etobicoke, according to Ipsos
Ipsos...
Pollster John Wright pored over his data to paint a demographic picture of Ford Nation: low-income, less-educated — and spread across the city.

“What’s happened is more-educated and higher-income voters, who may have been on board because they like the message of fiscal integrity and respecting taxpayers’ money, have gone away because they feel like they don’t like the behaviour,” he said.
“You still have people who believe in the message, but not in the man.

Very interesting. But I can't find it at the Star. Link please. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back