8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per James Mirtle's Twitter feed - Ford is still at the game and in his seat

there is a site out there that analyzes the ontario "sunshine list" - the list of public sector employees in ontario that earn over $100,000 annually.

you can see anyone's salary, all the way back to 1996.

here is rob ford's page:http://ontariosunshinelist.com/?q=qqmtypp

you can also see an analysis of any employer, including the average raise, number of people on list, average salary, etc., year by year.

here is the city of toronto page:
http://ontariosunshinelist.com/?q=qnznqnn

you can also see the top earners from any employer or position:

here is the toronto police top earners of 2013:
http://ontariosunshinelist.com/?q=sszswnn

cool site- check it out!

This stuff makes my hubby seeth....he's a consultant currently at TTC and half the people under him are on the list, many making more than him (he does crack the 100k, but then again, some of his admin assistants are almost on the list).

As for folks tonight saying Ford's drunk. While that's quite likely, being red and sweaty is not enough proof. One has to engage him in coversation to really figure it out.

there is a site out there that analyzes the ontario "sunshine list" - the list of public sector employees in ontario that earn over $100,000 annually.

As a retired Toronto Paramedic, Rob was never stingy with voting pay raises we deserved: “They put their lives on the line day in and day out and they don’t know if they are coming home to their families. It is hard to put a price tag on that job. They’re heroes, the men and women in EMS and fire and police are heroes.”

“If they’re going to get a bit more money for doing it – I have never had a person come up and say, “Rob, I object to paying Paramedics, Firefighters, or Police more money. I have no problem paying our Officers, or our Firefighters, or our Paramedics good money to do a job.”

michalgrajewski 8:58pm via Twitter for iPhone
Overheard while ordering a beer at the ACC: "Mayor Ford has been cut off, do not serve him any more alcohol".

This stuff makes my hubby seeth....he's a consultant currently at TTC and half the people under him are on the list, many making more than him (he does crack the 100k, but then again, some of his admin assistants are almost on the list).

In fairness though - the sunshine list includes overtime. So somebody in a role being paid hourly and earning much less can work a LOT and thus find themselves on that list. Doesn't necessarily mean they're "overpaid".

I put myself through post secondary by working in a factory... the guys that worked there made reasonable money but some of the older ones without wives or kids worked EVERY single overtime call that came their way. Bumped their overall salary far beyond their "base". They essentially traded their leisure time for it though.

The first comment on this pic on instagram is unreal. Classy guy that Rob.

http://instagram.com/p/mbU-bYIo9j/

"...I saw rob ford in a cab stuck at a red. I ran over and stuck my head in and snapped a pic. He was down for it. This other guy ran up and called him a piece of ...poop, and a f*** up. At which Rob calmly replied "well you're the load your mom should have swallowed." #classic #classy #ourmayor #toronto"

The first comment on this pic on instagram is unreal. Classy guy that Rob.

http://instagram.com/p/mbU-bYIo9j/

"...I saw rob ford in a cab stuck at a red. I ran over and stuck my head in and snapped a pic. He was down for it. This other guy ran up and called him a piece of ...poop, and a f*** up. At which Rob calmly replied "well you're the load your mom should have swallowed." #classic #classy #ourmayor #toronto"

I read that when Webb Pierce was invited back to his hometown in Louisiana for a parade in his honour he had to be helped into the convertible. All during the parade, as people cheered and threw accolades his way, it is said that he kept sipping from his pint of bourbon, hardly aware of his surroundings. When the bottle was empty he is reported to have tossed it to the street, causing the spectators to scramble from the shards of broken glass. He was never invited back.

OT re Sunshine list, my hubby (and I) have nothing against those who deserve it or who do over time; his beef is mainly with idiots who really don't (deserve it or do anything close to over time).

So did Ford last the game?

In fairness though - the sunshine list includes overtime. So somebody in a role being paid hourly and earning much less can work a LOT and thus find themselves on that list. Doesn't necessarily mean they're "overpaid".

I put myself through post secondary by working in a factory... the guys that worked there made reasonable money but some of the older ones without wives or kids worked EVERY single overtime call that came their way. Bumped their overall salary far beyond their "base". They essentially traded their leisure time for it though.

That's true. Plus nights, weekends, stat holidays. I was even on "working quarantine" during SARS and made extra for that. Call-back, mandated OT ( when you are ordered to work end-of-shift OT ). You miss a lot of time with your kids as they grow up.

Retweeted by Edward Keenan
David Hains ‏@DavidHains 8m
Muhammad Khattak's defence attorney: RT @danielbrownlaw Hanging out with @TOMayorFord at the leafs game. #topoli pic.twitter.com/F1IcCtkH03

well...

That was an error on the poster's part:

Britt_A ‏@Britt_A 4m
@CosentinoTim @GoTrainAvenger @jessehawken @ccath I just tweeted correction that @DanielBrownLaw Brown was his PREVIOUS lawyer my apologies

I can't believe the way he lets people touch him.

When I met our Chief, the Commissioner or the Metro Chairman it was like touching an Emperor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back