8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
141vd49.png

Wow. I just about fell sideways off my chair laughing. You win the internet for the foreseeable future.

As one of the women of the board, I doubt anyone here holds anything against ROFOMOFO. Accepting it as an error and moving on is the best way to move forward.

Thanks Anne, and my apologies, unlike Rub's are sincere.

Hahaha Doug has finally done it! He's come up with the single perfect deflection for every unsavory story published until the end of time. Since, by the very nature of the time-space continuum, EVERYTHING that is reported happened in the past, then it can all be ignored. He's a genius!! Hey maybe my brother wasn't perfect five minutes ago, but as of right this second he hasn't done anything wrong in the future! Subways for everyone!

The past is the past. The future hasn't happened yet. The whole Ford mayoralty has been a Zen koan to help us appreciate that our mayor is not drunk and threatening violence in this present moment. (Well... except when he is.)

What difference does it make how seriously they're taking rehab? It's obvious that it's more a political initiative than a health initiative. Ford should have resigned and withdrew from the campaign if he was serious about getting better. For that reason, anyone with a spine on council shouldn't have accepted his absence. But sure, they've put him away in a facility for now. Doesn't really matter to me if that happened yesterday or a week ago. Except that I thought we'd get a break from him for awhile and maybe Toronto residents would realize that life is better without the clownshow and not welcome any comeback. Hopefully the new Star revelations might be a nail for his coffin. Proving he was at a Tim Horton's a couple mornings ago isn't going to have any impact on anything.

How seriously he's taking rehab matters to the people who might be inclined to be forgiving of him because he's finally decided to get help. Evidence he's blowing it off would hopefully erode his support. I could care less if he actually gets better or not, except insofar as he might be less likely to abuse people if he's sober.

The first quote isn't that hard to answer. Rehab isn't prison. Patients are free to leave any time.

The safety of the patients does seem a little overblown. Canadian media are not paparazzi and any skirmishes have happened because the Fords would not answer legitimate questions, not because they were aggressively seeking out new Ford stories to report. Some celebrities are protected in the same way - it depends on how famous they are. Michael Jackson for example could not have entered a rehab facility without a screaming mob and photographers. It does speak to the weird mindset of Doug Ford though as he believes they are the Kennedys and that they are bigger than the Kardashians.

I know patients can leave at anytime, it's the idea that the patient can leave when they feel like they've had enough and say "I'm all better" and expect people to believe it. That's what Doug seems to be suggesting.

People need to let the "Rob's not really in rehab" thing go. The CBC would have confirmed for themselves that they're dealing with a real doctor at a real facility even if they don't inform the public of the specifics. We've been trying to 'get' Rob for over three years now, in episodes ranging from calling a 911 operator a bitch to flipping some mother the bird to demanding a TTC bus transport his football team to grabbing Sarah Thomson's ass, and he's slipped away from any real repercussions on any of them. Whatever form his rehab takes we all know it's a hail-mary political maneuver made in reaction to getting caught in illegal activity once again.

Whether or not he is in rehab was never the issue. The issue is, this man needs to die ASAP. There. I said it for all of us. You're welcome.

Whether or not he is in rehab was never the issue. The issue is, this man needs to die ASAP. There. I said it for all of us. You're welcome.

If Renata ever decided that she'd had enough and decided to put a definitive end to Rob's abuse, I don't think there's a court in the country that would give her anything more than a slap on the wrist.

He actually held back the worst comments because with Ford in rehab don't want to be perceived as piling on.

Uh, I'm pretty sure the people who would think the Star is piling on ALREADY think the Star is piling on, whether the bit about his mother appears or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back