News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
If / when Rob Ford returns to modified duty, I can see him surrounded by security the likes of which this city has never seen for a politician.

Last edited:
I get the feeling that sooner rather than later there will be an "escape" from rehab. Then a few undignified hours where an out-of-control Rob will terrorize the city (like a balding, angry Godzilla) until he can finally be cornered and arrested.

I'm thinking more Stay Puft Marshmallow man, but good point!

I want a photo of him walking away from us down a hospital wing corridor wearing a johnny with the back open ... check that, no I don't
Sublime....we need a photoshop of the monolith from "2001 A space odyssey" in place of Toronto City Hall...STAT.

After the Danzig mass shooting when Ford vowed to deport all gangbangers he let it slip that he personally had a gun. When he was pressed about having a permit for it he quickly turned away. Did I dream that or does anyone else remember that?

After the Danzig mass shooting when Ford vowed to deport all gangbangers he let it slip that he personally had a gun. When he was pressed about having a permit for it he quickly turned away. Did I dream that or does anyone else remember that?
I'm not sure about Ford's house but in Crazy Town it is mentioned that his mom had a gun[s) at her place.

An intense competition between the Star and the Globe over "Rob Ford exclusives" was triggered by Doolittle's defection. And it is starting to yield very tangible results.

We can now expect a lot more of it as two media entities, and two sets of star reporters, battle for the top spot.

And we all benefit, as the torrent of ever more incriminating information about the dangerous and disgusting life of Rob Ford is revealed.

An intense competition between the Star and the Globe over "Rob Ford exclusives" was triggered by Doolittle's defection. And it is starting to yield very tangible results.

We can now expect a lot more of it as two media entities, and two sets of star reporters, battle for the top spot.

And we all benefit, as the torrent of ever more incriminating information about the dangerous and disgusting life of Rob Ford is revealed.

I definitely like the "newspaper war" that's sprung up around this. Everyone trying to out-scoop each other makes for some fine reporting.

My one glimmer of admiration for this bunch is the brilliance of starting a LABEL business. It's the kind of primitive insight that makes certain entrepreneurs succeed - "Can't they see?! It's obvious! Idiots! Everyone needs LABELS! So that's what we're gonna make. Get to work, shitbird!" - and by all accounts, successful it is.

Meh. Labels? Printing? Potential environmental nightmare, especially for a company that's been in the same spot for over 40 years. I wonder if any soil and groundwater investigations have ever been conducted onsite?

"Cartels and organised crime target food in hunt for riches
From adulterated olive oil to counterfeit vodka, the trade in fake food is booming – and for mafia gangs it's less risky than drugs"
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/03/food-fraud-uk-labs-fight-organised-crime-counterfeit

"Materials to prepare 60,000 bottles, including fake labels, were seized following raids on two sites, with three people arrested and 24 others reported to the authorities."

ever since i read this, new dots started appearing for me...what's a fine label company to do when run by "enterprising" sons with questionable connections and a sense of entitlement/invincibility?

Last edited:
Yes, or "I'm the most racially-inclusive mayor."

No, I really think it's more like "Nobody sticks up for people like I do, every f-king, etc, etc...AND I'm the most racist guy around". As in, even I stick up for people more than other politicians, and I'm the most racist guy around. That's the impression I get.

I read it as "they call me racist, even though I help anyone no matter what colour they are" without any acknowledgement or apparent realisation that calling them racist epithets is indeed racist.

.. and hopefully once they've exhausted (the seemingly inexhaustible) Rob Ford crap, they'll move on to Doug, the ex drug dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back