News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole term of Mayor Ford has been a white knuckle thrillride. While cruising about the net I stumbled on this opinion piece in the Calgary Herald published in June of 2013. The right was steadfast in their defence of Ford and united in their push against the left, the Star and G&M. It's especially poignant to read about Rob Ford's statement being proof of innocence and the possibility of all the evidence being manufactured. Behold.....

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Ford+lynch+should+ashamed/8484659/story.html

"“What is happening right now in Toronto is very bad for everyone. A full-on mob frenzy to drive the ‘wrong person’ out of power is not what our ancestors fought and died for, or helped enable. It’s what they fled from.â€"

I want to vomit.

"“What is happening right now in Toronto is very bad for everyone. A full-on mob frenzy to drive the ‘wrong person’ out of power is not what our ancestors fought and died for, or helped enable. It’s what they fled from.â€"

I want to vomit.

Go ahead, do it, you've earned it by reading at least half the column.

I read the ever-shrinking Herald from time to time but stopped reading Lakritz columns many years ago because I couldn't take the crazy.

Go ahead, do it, you've earned it by reading at least half the column.

I read the ever-shrinking Herald from time to time but stopped reading Lakritz columns many years ago because I couldn't take the crazy.

Reminds me of Sue Ann. They both myst be an absolute pleasure to hang with.

I imagine Mammo's final words will be some variation on: "B-buh-but I'm on your side!" The classic reaction of all lickspittles throughout history who suddenly realize that, yes indeedy-do, the brutes they've been relentlessly bootlicking for personal gain regard them as nothing more than easily disposable hired help after all.

Paging Joe Wormington, paging Joe Wormington......

Ugh. As a woman, I feel the need to chime in to state unequivocally that Rob Ford is revolting.

You mean you don't want to lay him out on a petal-strewn bed and lick the sweat from his stomach folds?

Yeah, I know people are targeting Rob Ford specifically here, but just let me say as a 394 lb 6 foot guy, all this "big fatties are gross and disgusting" banter is kinda hurtful. If it's not your thing, great, no problem, but making a big deal over your perceived universal revulsion isn't cool.

Frankly, you might all be surprised just how many chubby chasers there are out in the world. :cool:

My mom just told me she's going into Rob Ford withdrawal after one day of no news. I suggested she needs rehab :cool:

Yeah, I know people are targeting Rob Ford specifically here, but just let me say as a 394 lb 6 foot guy, all this "big fatties are gross and disgusting" banter is kinda hurtful. If it's not your thing, great, no problem, but making a big deal over your perceived universal revulsion isn't cool.

Frankly, you might all be surprised just how many chubby chasers there are out in the world. :cool:

Speaking through my completely appropriated, genderless and pan-sexual persona, I am such a chubby chaser. People also carry weight differently - ways that elicit different, sometimes visceral responses.

Humour in this thread has the opportunity to be edgy (or fall off) on many different horizons - black gang-bangers, Italian mobsters, abused women, drug dependency. The lumpenproletariat, bad teeth and right-wing asshats.

animatronic is showing keen humour, and made the simply astounding ankle-holster joke! But, I find newearthlings disturbing images of distressed kittehs almost unbearable. Now, can I lay you out on a petal-strewn bed and lick the sweat from your stomach folds? 'cause tomorrow I'll be busy with something special for wheeler98. hint it's full of stars.

Last edited:
Ford is gross for other reasons than him being obese etc. I'm really not into shaming people (almost typed "folks" - sorry) for their weight or appearance. In Ford's case, he's obviously over indulging in everything...food, booze/drugs. The latest story from the Star just kinda confirms what I thought of him.

As for Renata informing - if true, not for custody but just plain ol' revenge. The story describes her as sitting on the couch smoking a joint. Not a great reference in terms of courts. From the latest audio etc. it looks like their kids may have already been pulled, perhaps to the grandparents.

The Star hasn't released audio or the full transcript. Ford apparently made rude references his mother. I guess they're sitting on it until another opportunity arises.

The Star hasn't released audio or the full transcript. Ford apparently made rude references his mother. I guess they're sitting on it until another opportunity arises.

My mother will soon be 82. How the hell could a man insult his own mother?

As far as the revenge angle goes, what is it they say? "It's a dish best served cold."

As far as the weight goes, thinking back to 1972, we only had one heavy leader in all that time. Chairman Flynn. But, he was a war-hero. Wounded in Action. So, it's not surprising that he packed on a few extra pounds.

Last edited:

As far as the revenge angle goes, what is it they say? "It's a dish best served cold."

My Mom's 80, and from a conversation yesterday re Renata - "dont' blame her if the poor woman drinks like a fish her husband's an asshole". Yeah, that was my Mom, not me.

My Mom's 80, and from a conversation yesterday re Renata - "dont' blame her if the poor woman drinks like a fish her husband's an asshole". Yeah, that was my Mom, not me.

"If she drinks, why you taught her and if she smokes you showed her how

Just remember there's a man to blame and that man might be your son."

A man desperate enough for company that he manages to include several 30+ guys who still live at home among his closest friends, and a couple who have assaulted their mothers or both parents in desperate, drug-fueled drama.

Last edited:
^ This case is so convoluted. It sounds like one of the lead detectives is a woman. That sounds like a good idea, because as a man, I have great difficulty figuring these guys out. ^

"In court were the two Brazen 2 lead investigators, Giroux and Det. Joyce Shertzer."

I suppose at least one of them will write a book about this case when they retire.

Last edited:
Reminds me of Sue Ann. They both myst be an absolute pleasure to hang with.

I'm not sure if they're similar at all. The weird thing about Lakritz is the combination of idiocy with fierce independence of thought.

Unlike some other terrible columnists, it doesn't seem like she's loyal to any of the powers that be, or pandering to any particular audience. (I have just read a bunch of recent columns to see whether she's changed. She hasn't.)

She's just insanely vehement with her opinion, with no pause at all to consider the facts that might be pertinent. It's a gross understatement to say that it would have been very easy in June 2013 for a journalist to discover a giant pile of well-known reasons for good citizens to oppose Rob Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back