News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here is Joe Warmington basically admitting this entire thing is a campaign move. The going-to-rehab and then simultaneous mix of "Give him privacy!" and "Wow, now that he's out in public he looks awesome! Doesn't he look awesome!?"

Ford may look "presentable", but I don't find he looks awesome/great/whatever. He's still got that unhealthy pink coronary-around-the-corner thing going...

I don't get a lot of dry cleaning done, but it always goes to the one place. (the actual mystery there is why he would have a fav dry cleaner at the cottage (!) who needs dry cleaning done at THE COTTAGE?!?
Another possible point for the trip to Bracebridge might include a swing by the cottage for a visit with the kids. Just sayin'
Also, there is a certain comfort in the familiar, for RoFo, Bracebridge is the familiar, Muskoka wise.

My guess, he wore one suit up there, someone brought him a fresh one so now he's cleaning the worn one. Always gotta have a suit for those photo ops! Read somewhere, sorry forget, that he told dry cleaners he wouldn't need the suit back for 6 weeks. As to having a fav dry cleaner at the cottage - good question!

We try to read so much into things on the one hand, on the other hand, can you blame us? He's probably just playing us for shits and giggles, so we can sit here discussing his dry cleaning choices. Trivial info, or not, that is the question.

MM's intel doesn't make sense to me.
RoFo has been to 3 different clinics.
RoFo did an in-hospital detox and a 2 week 12 step program.

RoFo has only been gone for 2 weeks. When did he do his detox?

edit: Do they mean 10 days = 2 weeks? m-f?

Last edited:

In light of CBC's confirmation, it doesn't make sense.

Rereading the CBC article now, couldn't help but notice this plea from Doug:

Doug Ford says he hopes the doctor's statement will quell speculation and stop some media organizations and paparazzi from trying to spot Ford or take photos of the facility.

Revealing the name of the facility "would be a tragedy for 20 to 25 families that are there, trying to get help, trying to get treatment," Doug Ford said.

"They don't want to disclose their locations or their identities," he said. "I think it would be a tragedy if the media swarmed in on a treatment centre and started taking pictures and started disclosing locations of other patients."

Should read: "When Rob goes out in public for photos close to the facility, it will be a tragedy for the families that are there, trying to get help...."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-in-rehab-doctor-confirms-to-cbc-news-1.2637840

edit: Do they mean 10 days = 2 weeks? m-f?

I suspect somewhere between the "one place only, inpatient the whole time" and "3 places +" is the most likely truth. I also suspect it amounts to exactly no difference to the long story, ultimately.

I'm sure they'll get right to digging up all of his court records to see what else is there. Sounds like he was a higher volume coke dealer

I'll say. Busted with 8 kilos!

And that's not counting the American charges.

That's not small time Lisi stuff.

I'll say. Busted with 8 kilos!

And that's not counting the American charges.

That's not small time Lisi stuff.

At the same time, it doesn't seem like he did much time, if any. Apparently by 1994, he was out on bail and being extradited to the US in 1996. And if he did go to trial in the US and was convicted, it's hard to imagine he'd have been out of jail long enough to be president at Greenestone for six years. (Christopher Breen, his co-defendant, got 20 years).

Can't wait to see what the reporters dig up!

Eddie Greenspan? Come on! I'm supposed to be impressed?
At best - AT BEST - that guy is the second best criminal lawyer in Canada.

Ha! Kind of a connoisseurish joke, but still great.

I know that this makes me a horrible person, but I think the #1 reason I'd like to see Robbo charged with a major crime is that the defence lawyering would be literally fantastic.

So happy to be able to use the word literally in a correct and helpful way (thanks, Google) ...

fan·tas·tic

adjective

imaginative or fanciful; remote from reality.
"novels are capable of mixing fantastic and realistic elements"
synonyms: fanciful, extravagant, extraordinary, irrational, wild, absurd, far-fetched, nonsensical, incredible, unbelievable, unthinkable, implausible, improbable, unlikely, doubtful, dubious

According to this report, Ford told someone he met today that he had completed two weeks of rehab and had six more to go.
Also, an employee at the dry cleaners clarifies that Ford was bringing clothes in to be repaired (perhaps instead of - or in addition to - being cleaned):

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/05/16/mayor-ford-spotted-in-bracebridge-report/

Sigh. The mayor being spotted at the dry cleaners made breaking news on the 5 o'clock CBC today. This is where we are at... imagine the it-storm when he's back in Toronto. I don't think we've seen peak-crazy yet!

According to this report, Ford told someone he met today that he had completed two weeks of rehab and had six more to go.
Also, an employee at the dry cleaners clarifies that Ford was bringing clothes in to be repaired (perhaps instead of - or in addition to - being cleaned):

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/05/16/mayor-ford-spotted-in-bracebridge-report/

Sigh. The mayor being spotted at the dry cleaners made breaking news on the 5 o'clock CBC today. This is where we are at... imagine the it-storm when he's back in Toronto. I don't think we've seen peak-crazy yet!

From linked story ...

Broddy Lisle told CityNews he ran into the embattled politician outside a bank in Bracebridge, and that Ford spoke candidly about his recovery efforts.

“We asked about his rehab and he said it’s been going good and he’s done two weeks and he’s got six more weeks to go,” he said. “And he said he feels good about himself and he’s lost a few pounds and he seemed pretty happy.”

No doubt that's not the first time the word candid has been horribly abused, but, uh, I can't even.

I'm sure we all agree, it's all about losing a few pounds and then being pretty happy, that's by far the biggest challenge.

Edit: And feeling good about himself. Jeez, how could I miss that in my original post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back