8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited wikipedia paragraphs:

It has been claimed by some that as a youth Ford was a championship swimmer, and in 1954, at the age of 16, attempted to cross Lake Ontario in the same CNE Marathon swim which was completed by Marilyn Bell.[5] However, Ford was born in the winter of 1933, making him 21 years old, not 16 years old, in the summer of 1954, when Marilyn Bell made her record-setting swim, and there is no record of Ford participating in that swim (as claimed, without any indication of a source, in the press release cited above), regardless of his true age at the time. As recently as January 2014, an interview of Marilyn Di Lascio (nee Bell) in a local newspaper indicated (as have many other accounts) that the swim was attempted (successfully in Marilyn Bell's case) by three women. <ref.[1]<ref>.

Last edited:
Family stories get built up, embellished over the years. Anyone who has looked at their family history will encounter the tales of castles and clans and disinherited for love. My grandfather was a swim coach at the Y, in another part of Ontario. When I was a kid my mother would tell me that he coached a swimmer who went to compete at the Exhibition. In my mind he became the coach of Marilyn Bell, because she was the only swimmer from the 50s familiar to me and her story was associated with the Ex. The Fords make many outright obvious lies, but this probably wasn't one of them. We already know that they're delusional about their family, regard everything they do as the "greatest ever", so no surprise they'd think their father who they like to portray as some manly hero was the next best thing to Johnny Weissmuller because he liked to swim.

Family stories get built up, embellished over the years. Anyone who has looked at their family history will encounter the tales of castles and clans and disinherited for love. My grandfather was a swim coach at the Y, in another part of Ontario. When I was a kid my mother would tell me that he coached a swimmer who went to compete at the Exhibition. In my mind he became the coach of Marilyn Bell, because she was the only swimmer from the 50s familiar to me and her story was associated with the Ex. The Fords make many outright obvious lies, but this probably wasn't one of them. We already know that they're delusional about their family, regard everything they do as the "greatest ever", so no surprise they'd think their father who they like to portray as some manly hero was the next best thing to Johnny Weissmuller because he liked to swim.

Yes, as I said in an earlier post - myth-making* is likely the cause.

*He killed seven with one blow! www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oZoLrVfBgek

Last edited:
Edited wikipedia paragraphs:

It has been claimed by some that as a youth Ford was a championship swimmer, and in 1954, at the age of 16, attempted to cross Lake Ontario in the same CNE Marathon swim which was completed by Marilyn Bell.[5] However, Ford was born in the winter of 1933, making him 21 years old, not 16 years old, in the summer of 1954, when Marilyn Bell made her record-setting swim, and there is no record of Ford participating in that swim (as claimed, without any indication of a source, in the press release cited above), regardless of his true age at the time. As recently as January 2014, an interview of Marilyn Di Lascio (nee Bell) in a local newspaper indicated (as have many other accounts) that the swim was attempted (successfully in Marilyn Bell's case) by three women. <ref.[1]<ref>.

Pretty much every public statement out of a Ford's mouth should be accompanied by a giant [citation needed] floating in mid-air.

I wonder if the plan is to have Rob Ford come back as a "changed man" and then when he goes back to his old ways, to blame it on the media and the pressure that they've created.

You're assuming they think ahead. Too much credit. I think he'll make it up based on what the dumbass gets himself into. I mean they haven't blamed Blair in a while... Maybe it's his turn again hahaha

Pretty much every public statement out of a Ford's mouth should be accompanied by a giant [citation needed] floating in mid-air.

From loumarsh.ca:

"On September 2, 1949, at 11:27 in the morning, three minutes ahead of schedule, Toronto Mayor, Hiram E. McCallum fired the starting gun. Forty-five of the best professional marathon swimmers in the world jumped into the unusually chilly waters of Lake Ontario to contest the World Marathon Swim Championship in a grueling fifteen mile race. They were also after a share of the $12,000.00 prize money put up by the race host, the Canadian National Exhibition.

A forty-sixth man sitting on the dock dipped his toes into the frigid waters and decided to let the others go without him!

Only 23 of the swimmers remained after 3 miles, and by 1:00 p.m. there were only 19, the cold water to blame. Race officials posted 62 °F lake water but competitor’s own tests indicated 54 °F. A chilly breeze made matters much worse.

Ultimately, only three would finish that race. To the rest of the field, young Cliff Lumsdon must have appeared as though from a different planet. The 18-year-old from New Toronto took the lead at the half-mile mark and never relinquished it. Just before 8:00 that evening, after an exhausting 7 hours, 54 minutes and 55 seconds, Lumsdon was able to reclaim the warmth and comfort of dry land, a half-mile ahead of 1947 World Champion, Ben Gazel who later heaped nothing but praise on his victorious competitor. In a sport that often rewards experience, 38-year-old Gazel of Toronto, and the only other finisher, Bill Sadlo 49, of New York, were trumped by the durable youth who was young enough to be called ‘son.’ "

I thought this was a joke, LOL!

http://www.loumarsh.ca/en/athletes/view/11
From loumarsh.ca:

"On September 2, 1949, at 11:27 in the morning, three minutes ahead of schedule, Toronto Mayor, Hiram E. McCallum fired the starting gun. Forty-five of the best professional marathon swimmers in the world jumped into the unusually chilly waters of Lake Ontario to contest the World Marathon Swim Championship in a grueling fifteen mile race. They were also after a share of the $12,000.00 prize money put up by the race host, the Canadian National Exhibition.

A forty-sixth man sitting on the dock dipped his toes into the frigid waters and decided to let the others go without him!

Only 23 of the swimmers remained after 3 miles, and by 1:00 p.m. there were only 19, the cold water to blame. Race officials posted 62 °F lake water but competitor’s own tests indicated 54 °F. A chilly breeze made matters much worse.

Ultimately, only three would finish that race. To the rest of the field, young Cliff Lumsdon must have appeared as though from a different planet. The 18-year-old from New Toronto took the lead at the half-mile mark and never relinquished it. Just before 8:00 that evening, after an exhausting 7 hours, 54 minutes and 55 seconds, Lumsdon was able to reclaim the warmth and comfort of dry land, a half-mile ahead of 1947 World Champion, Ben Gazel who later heaped nothing but praise on his victorious competitor. In a sport that often rewards experience, 38-year-old Gazel of Toronto, and the only other finisher, Bill Sadlo 49, of New York, were trumped by the durable youth who was young enough to be called ‘son.’ "

FoFam caught in another lie? I'm kinda starting to wonder if RoFo is really the best Mayor Ever (TM), or DoJRFo is the best campaign manager ever. I know HotMail is the best, as none of the FoFam fuck ups are in the clink for some strange reason. I wonder if he bought a spread in Calabria with all the fees he's rightfully earned off of the ample backs of FoFam's criminal career?

EDIT: is there no one available to help with the (as of yet) unused juicy FoFam Criminal Career? If RoFo gets to repeat the same six lies over/over/over/over/over/over/over/over again, why can't someone repeat the factual facts of the fact that they All run in criminal circles? IE: "Are you a law-abiding citizen? Why isn't your Mayor or his family?.

Come up with six hard facts of hard time, and repeat them every. single. time. There's a reporter/YouTube filmer/scrum.

Maybe all the lunkhead voters of TO need is to be re-programmed with the truth - THE FoFam IS VERY,VERY COMFORTABLE HANGIN' WITH CRIMINALS. THEY HAVE NO REGULAR FRIENDS, ONLY CRIMINALS.

Last edited:
Can you also change his "founder of Deco" info to reflect the truth?

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/02/03/5_things_you_didnt_know_about_rob_fords_family_revelations_from_the_book_crazy_town.html

The genesis of Deco Labels — that Doug Sr. and Diane started the business out of the family basement — is “part of the family folklore,” first appearing in 1995 after the patriarch won the Progressive Conservative nomination, and going unchallenged ever since, she writes. The business was actually co-founded by one-time neighbour Ted Herriott in the early ’60s.

Herriott was setting up a Toronto base for the Avery label company, and recommended his upstart neighbour Doug Ford, then a successful salesman at a meat packing plant, when a sales job came up. The two later decided to break away and create Deco. The families were close — the children played together, the adults took ballroom dance lessons.

Can you also change his "founder of Deco" info to reflect the truth?

Herriott was setting up a Toronto base for the Avery label company, and recommended his upstart neighbour Doug Ford, then a successful salesman at a meat packing plant, when a sales job came up. The two later decided to break away and create Deco.

Doesn't that technically still make him a "founder", just not the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back