News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
FoFam caught in another lie? I'm kinda starting to wonder if RoFo is really the best Mayor Ever (TM), or DoJRFo is the best campaign manager ever. I know HotMail is the best, as none of the FoFam fuck ups are in the clink for some strange reason. I wonder if he bought a spread in Calabria with all the fees he's rightfully earned off of the ample backs of FoFam's criminal career?

Just did a TPL search of Toronto Star and G&M archives. The only references to a "Doug Ford" before the 1980s is to the New York-based PGA golfer and to the city works commissioner (no relation, one assumes). "Douglas Ford" comes up empty as well.

I can't see anything on his Wiki about him founding Deco labels, just that he was the owner before entering politics.

Also good on whoever added the part about Doug Ford Jr.

Yup. So says the (declawed) mayor's brother Doug, who, as per the Globe and Mail, was a drug dealer in a former life. We will keep saying that -- "former drug dealer".

I just added references to that history to the Wikipedia entries for him and DoFo Sr. We'll see how long that lasts.

As opposed to Doug Jr, who is a con-founder

Oh Snap! :) Also, truth.

Speaking of Dougie Junior, I just saw a candidate profile on Torontoist for one of the candidates running in Ward 2. And he's got a bit of a slap against the brothers Ford:

http://torontoist.com/2014/05/meet-a-council-candidate-andray-domise-ward-2/

“There’s a desperate lack of leadership, not just on council in general, but specifically Etobicoke. It’s really a community effort. We have to step up and demonstrate leadership. And I think what we’ve seen over the past few years is the opposite of that… Etobicoke has gotten better, especially in the Rexdale area, but it has gotten better in spite of, not in due course with, the leadership from Doug Ford and Rob Ford.”

“If people have faith that the local, provincial, and federal governments are going to stick to their word and provide the amount of support they said they were going to provide, that police are not going to be the frontline caseworkers, I don’t think it would be an issue. But then you have somebody like Doug Ford who will come into this meeting and, instead of showing some leadership, adds fuel to the fire and jumps into this ideological war and says, ‘You are ruining this neighbourhood.’ It doesn’t take any courage or leadership to do something like that. What you’re doing is taking up a torch and pitchfork and marching right along with the mob.

Let's start a petition asking the city to rename Doug Ford Sr. Park after someone else but leave a toe-sized portion of the park in honour of him :p

I just added references to that history to the Wikipedia entries for him and DoFo Sr. We'll see how long that lasts.

Wow! Chuckle of the day for me :). Can you dispute the "founder" vs. "co-founder" of Deco on Doug Jr. page as well? It doesn't say that specifically in Sr.'s page.

Wow! Chuckle of the day for me :). Can you dispute the "founder" vs. "co-founder" of Deco on Doug Jr. page as well? It doesn't say that specifically in Sr.'s page.

"Ford, Sr., along with his neighbour, Ted Herriot, co-founded Deco Labels and Tags..."

Last edited:
Latest Wikipedia entry...

Doug and his wife, Diane,[5] had four children: Doug, Randy, Kathy and Rob.[6] Rob is the current Mayor of Toronto and a former councillor. Doug Ford, Jr., a former hash dealer,[7] is the current City Councillor for Ward 2 - Etobicoke North, Rob Ford's old council seat. Randy Ford is co-owner of Deco Labels and runs the operations in the absence of Doug Ford Jr, who was President of the firm before becoming City Councillor. Randy, Rob, and Kathy have criminal records.[8]

Doug and his wife, Diane,[5] had four children: Doug, Randy, Kathy and Rob.[6] Rob is the current Mayor of Toronto and a former councillor. Doug Ford, Jr., a former hash dealer,[7] is the current City Councillor for Ward 2 - Etobicoke North, Rob Ford's old council seat. Randy Ford is co-owner of Deco Labels and runs the operations in the absence of Doug Ford Jr, who was President of the firm before becoming City Councillor. Randy, Rob, and Kathy have criminal records.[8]

Don't think Rob has a criminal record. The DUI in Florida was a misdemeanor.

I can't see anything on his Wiki about him founding Deco labels, just that he was the owner before entering politics.

Also good on whoever added the part about Doug Ford Jr.

The Deco business was actually co-founded by one-time neighbour Ted Herriott in the early ’60s.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ily_revelations_from_the_book_crazy_town.html

“The genesis of Deco Labels — that Doug Sr. and Diane started the business out of the family basement — is “part of the family folklore,” first appearing in 1995 after the patriarch won the Progressive Conservative nomination, and going unchallenged ever since, she writes. The business was actually co-founded by one-time neighbour Ted Herriott in the early ’60s.
Herriott was setting up a Toronto base for the Avery label company, and recommended his upstart neighbour Doug Ford, then a successful salesman at a meat packing plant, when a sales job came up. The two later decided to break away and create Deco. The families were close — the children played together, the adults took ballroom dance lessons.
In 1965, Doug Sr. wanted to expand into tags, and Ted wanted to “stay the course,” Doolittle writes. Herriott told Doolittle there was a bit of a “personality clash.” He left Deco to start his own advertising company, and Deco Labels and Tags flourished and expanded under Ford’s leadership.
Business records and official directories confirm Herriott’s version. Was he bothered to be “airbrushed out of history?” “I’ll say I never understood it,” Herriott told Doolittle. “ (From the Toronto Star February 3, 2014

the same guy claims it was taken in "Toronto, not too long ago". By the trees, I'd suggest prior to RoFo's little Greenestone vacation.

i dunno. isn`t this photo from only a few days ago?

BoVE50DIYAIZWQ6.jpg

the trees up there might be a little behind the trees down here.

Attachments

• BoVE50DIYAIZWQ6.jpg
    BoVE50DIYAIZWQ6.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 916

It's sad that this is true. You could also add that they are known to have criminal associates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back