News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only fools will lap up the rubbish like the simpleminded swine they are.

Look, I'm not the brightest human (in fact, I make a lot of stupid choices), but I'm able to think critically which is a feat that seems to be beyond the reach of all too many of my concitoyens.

What's amazing is that the Fords aren't even smooth in their BS and fraud. He does the same self-indulgent selfie while he's trying to be a "changed man" and when you act like it never it doubt he will return and underplay the importance of it. Good gosh, if you are going to portray the fraud at least make an effort.

I obviously wouldn't give Doug the time of day to listen and a lot of people here have quoted somethings but this stood out "I can't stand government sticking their nose into people's private lives"... Isn't this the a-hole who took his government position to snoop into autistic kids "rap sheet" and kick them out of their residents.

Part of the population either lacks the passion or intelligence to look beyond the slogans into the issues and precedents. A good quarter of the total population, in fact.

Mind you that Ford passes their minds only once in a while, and what passes are media headlines, select short quotes, and other things like that.

At the advance polls today an of older lady was declaring Rob Ford would be prime minister in 25 years and talking about how great it would be for the poor in the city.

I think she thought of herself as being one of those poor, but she was away for the election because her house in Malaysia needed some work and she hadn't been there in several months (evidently, she flies there several times a year). I hope I have that kind of spare change when I'm in my 80's.

It reminded me why I was making the effort to vote.

Thanks for this rbi - this illustrates EXACTLY how a lack of class consciousness in Toronto is contributing to the popularity of RoFo.

You're "poor" if you don't live in a cramped downtown condo with a mortgage that will last longer than your own life, or an address in Forest Hill/Bridle Path with a (insert PC party candidate here) sign on the front lawn.

An intriguing idea, but perhaps right now is not the best time for Toronto to consider it. OTOH, good on the Star for giving me a laugh this afternoon...

What If Mayors Ruled the World?

He makes, in many areas, a compelling case.
But would this fly in Toronto — given the tumultuous civic ride that has occurred with the existing mayor?
“Obviously, Toronto needs a more responsible, more fit mayor for the job,” he says.
“I don’t argue that human frailty and human vice end at the city limits — obviously they don’t. But as compared with what happens in provinces and states or at the national level of government, cities function a whole lot better than states do. They solve more problems, they recognize more problems.”

Considering the turnout and atmosphere at the Ford campaign office BD party, it really *is* being whittled down to the nutty diehards--but the Fords being Fords, they have to spin it upward somehow, like 70s record company weasels boasting of releases "shipping platinum" (when in fact 90% of shipments wound up either shipped back or mouldering, unsold)

Rob Ford: from distraction to abstraction
The mayor’s prolonged absence in rehab is looking more like a political opportunity to grow the myth surrounding him

Scuttlebutt had it that the plan was to wheel the mayor out after Labour Day, a month or so before the municipal vote in late October for a glorious sprint to the finish.

Could still happen, except that behind the scenes Doug’s telling people who ask that “you never know†when asked if he’s running for mayor. Yup, the cake, the fake B-day party and whatever else Doug will concoct, is looking more like a carefully-crafted plan to string Ford Nation along for now, make it look like Rob’s coming back, only for Doug to step in at the last minute.

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=198261

Last edited:
ford-plates.jpg

http://dem0na.wordpress.com/2014/05/31/i-have-a-crush-on-you/ford-plates/

Attachments

• ford-plates.jpg
    ford-plates.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 666
Get enough Bruces together and you can staff the Philosophy Department of an Australian university. (Monty Python, of course.) "Mind if we call ya Bruce?"

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qJkO-EKRVd0[/video]

Mayor Rob Ford spotted shopping Bracebridge

The publisher of Muskoka Magazine and What’s up Muskoka, which are owned by Sun Media, said he stopped by the department store to buy a propane tank shortly before 3 p.m. and was a bit taken aback when he bumped into Ford.

[...]

Armstrong said he chatted briefly with the mayor, who made the trek into town from GreenStone Muskoka in nearby Bala to “pick up some groceries” and was accompanied by an unidentified man.

He said Ford joked about how he’d prefer not to be wearing his “monkey suit” on such a beautiful day, but as mayor of Toronto he has to dress appropriately when he’s out and about.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/31/mayor-rob-ford-spotted-shopping-bracebridge

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back