News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier today, Tim Leiweke, he who is in charge of the Leafs, Raps, Toronto FC etc., was speaking at a board of trade function. Dale was there and was live tweeting. Leiweke was talking about the chances of getting the 2026 world cup in Toronto, said they didn't have the stadiums for it, then made this comment about the Fords:

Daniel Dale @ddale8 · 7h

Leiweke does a cough-cough "Fordbrothers" in talking about BMO Field deal Rob and Doug oppose: "Shame on them. Scare tactic."

Then he said:

Daniel Dale @ddale8 · 7h

Leiweke: "In your speech, pick on three things: the mayor, the Gardiner, and the winter. You can't go wrong...Everyone agrees."

To which Dale replied:

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8

Is Leiweke the only big-time business leader in the city who regularly mocks Rob Ford?

And who should then show up in this conversation?

Sue-Ann Levy ‏@SueAnnLevy 4h

@ddale8 More highly mature/professional journalistic observations from the Star's award-winning investigative journalist.

WTF is her problem? But it gets better as the conversation between Dale and another tweeter goes along:

Mooj ‏@moojsays 4h

@SueAnnLevy @ddale8 Yeah Daniel! Take a look at Sue Ann's timeline to see how a real journalist should tweet!

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 4h

@moojsays What prompted this tweet?!

Sue-Ann Levy ‏@SueAnnLevy 4h

@moojsays @ddale8 At least I'm not a one-trick pony. But hey, Rob Ford all the time means not having to do any heavy lifting/digging.

Mooj ‏@moojsays 4h

@ddale8: @SueAnnLevy took issue with your reporting of Leiweke's Ford comments

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 3h

@moojsays Oh, I don't see it on her feed

Mooj ‏@moojsays 3h

@ddale8 pic.twitter.com/I7OaNc1if9

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 3h

@moojsays ah, got it, thank you. I've blocked her for a reason!

I've seen her take shots at Doolittle before, but not Dale, although I haven't really looked very hard. She is so incredibly unprofessional.

Looking at the picture that accompanies the story....what is with DoFo and his need to have physical contact with the females that he should by rights have no expectation at all of being welcome in their personal space? Just days earlier he accuses Karen Stinz of theft. There is a pic of him with his arms draped over the shoulders of a CP24 reporter at his food bank photo op, the same reporter he had brushed off abruptly when she had a tough question earlier in the morning The was a picture of him with his arm around Olivia Chow's waist at some function the candidates were at just a few weeks ago. Is it just me(mid 50's male) who finds this to be very creepy at the least and possibly malevolent and intimidating at the worst?

Last edited:
Poor Marcus Gee. He is at a restaurant where Doug Ford is speaking. I don't know why Doug is there, but if you want to read all about it:

https://twitter.com/marcusbgee

Among the gems:

Doug Ford is telling the crowd about the Ford family and its values.

Doug says his father came from nothing and was "two steps right of Attila the Hun." Used to rant against Bob Rae on the TV.

Doug Ford says he and Rob came to office and found city hall "spending like drunken sailors."

Doug Ford says the Fords never said they were going to fire 100,000 people -- a little dig at Hudak.

"We have froze all sole-source deals" - Doug Ford

How can Rob still be at 27 pc in the polls despite everything -- because Rob himself would go help fix your potholes, says Doug.

"We have subways going to Scarborough," boasts D. Ford, and can have lots elsewhere

Doug says a Scarborough LRT would be like the Flyer -- the old roller-coaster at the Ex.

Doug says pension funds and other investors are dying to build subways for us

Doug would like to bring in a strong mayor system for Toronto. The past four years are a pretty good answer to that.

Doug says the Toronto Star wants to "kill us." Politically, he means.

The city is booming under this administration, sayeth Doug.

Rob Ford has gone from a 52 waist to a 44, says Doug, saying he went to see Rob and he "looks good"

"He never missed a day of work," claims Doug of Rob.

People of Scarborough don't want LRTs ripping up their streets, says Doug.

Doug says "no one can buy us" -- about Deco.

When Doug says the Fords, like the Jackmans, give back to the public, a listener says YOU are not the Jackmans.

"No one has serviced the poor people more than Rob Ford has," says Doug. Yes, he said serviced.

"He wasn't honest with the people about his personal life," admits Doug.

"If you want to see skyrocket taxes, vote for Olivia Chow," says Doug.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 8.54.36 PM.jpg

http://twitpic.com/e6xnxd

doug.jpg

Anyone know what the grano sessions are?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 8.54.36 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 8.54.36 PM.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,035
  • doug.jpg
    doug.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2,060
Looking at the picture that accompanies the story....what is with DoFo and his need to have physical contact with the females that he should by rights have no expectation at all of being welcome in their personal space? Just days earlier he accuses Karen Stinz of theft. There is a pic of him with his arms draped over the shoulders of a CP24 reporter at his food bank photo op, the same reporter he had brushed off abruptly when she had a tough question earlier in the morning The was a picture of him with his arm around Olivia Chow's waist at some function the candidates were at just a few weeks ago. Is it just me(mid 50's male) who finds this to be very creepy at the least and possibly malevolent and intimidating at the worst?

Doug, I think, sees himself as a player. He doesn't seem to realize he's more of a Charlie McCarthy, less the sense of humour.

Anyone know what the grano sessions are?

From 2013 Globe: GRANO SPEAKERS SERIES An invitation to eat, think and be wary

The Grano Speakers Series brought the world to Toronto. Launched in the fall of 2004 with a season of discussions about The American Empire – William Kristol was its opening speaker – it quickly became one of the hottest tickets in town. The new season, which opens next week with Malcolm Gladwell, includes Luigi Zingales, Robert Reich, and Fareed Zakaria.

Last edited:
It's all just white noise coming from Doug at this point.

marcusbgee 8:58pm via Twitter for BlackBerry
"He wasn't honest with the people about his personal life," admits Doug.

I've seen her take shots at Doolittle before, but not Dale, although I haven't really looked very hard. She is so incredibly unprofessional.
She's a washed up hack, working for a 3rd rate paper ... and she knows it. It's no wonder she's bitter. Or perhaps she's in the bitter ...

When you think they can't sink any lower, you get this--

JohnLorinc 9:09pm via Twitter for iPhone
#topoli Doug Ford now dropping names of other politicians who he claims had drug addiction.

Last edited:
Doug is still claiming Ford never missed a day of work? Wha? Is Hal Jackman still around to punch Doug in the face for comparing his family with the Fords?

This is an established dinner and they're using Doug, a first time councillor, as the big draw??? Last year they had Fareed Zakaria, this year Doug Ford. Wows.

They're working on another abuse of power story where competition was shut out of some bidding process in favour of some associates of the Fords.

Donovan described Ford as a child who never grew up. And some nurse scolded him for judging Ford and lacking sympathy.

I was surprised by the number of pro-Ford calls they seemed to put on air. There was the nurse, some hot-tempered guy, the guy who wanted Donovan to list things that Ford had done well, the guy who claimed to be a CBC listener but wondered why misbehaviour like Mayor Fontana's in London didn't get as much coverage as Rob Ford's . . .

John Lorinc @JohnLorinc · 43m

#topoli Doug Ford: sez Rob "looks great, lost a few pounds." Claims mayor's got over 450 of counselling. That's 19 solid days...

For God's sake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back