News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to hear more about that Grano talk--seem to be party to a bit of tweety head-shaking over whatever happened. (Almost like an outrageous tit-for-tat on Doug's part.)

interchangable brothers

If they can wait until August for Tory, it makes no sense at all why they didn't wait for Robbie - the concept is to evaluate the thoughts of mayoral candidates, not of their campaign managers - this is pretty weird

Quote Originally Posted by adma said:
I'd love to hear more about that Grano talk--seem to be party to a bit of tweety head-shaking over whatever happened. (Almost like an outrageous tit-for-tat on Doug's part.)

Just finished reading the article, nothing new; delusion, irony and outright laughable Doug Ford at his best. I can only imagine what was going through the minds of the audience. October can't come soon enough for me.
They also skipped the part where Ford likened his family to the Jackmans, though none of the other articles mentioned that Hal was actually there.

I also didn't realize that Mr. Jackman had a cracked-out sister whose main hobby is shoplifting oral hygeine products.

Giambrone reisgned then went for councilling and later married his girlfriend.

Giambrone had addictions? (Other than to attention, I mean).

http://torontoist.com/2010/02/adam_giambrone_withdraws_from_mayoral_race/

Feburary 10, 2010

"Adam Giambrone just made a very brief appearance at City Hall to address the recent revelations that he has been involved in numerous relationships with women besides his live-in partner. Giambrone spoke for approximately ninety seconds, apologizing to his partner, his fellow councillors, and his supporters for what he called “the worst mistake of my life†in a statement he made to the Star late last night [mp3]. Unable to finish reading his prepared remarks, Giambrone left the podium and staffer Kevin Beaulieu took over, announcing that “his mayoralty campaign ends today.â€
The full text of today’s statement, including both the portions Giambrone delivered and sections which we were read out on his behalf, are after the jump. The Globe and Mail also has an audio recording available [mp3].
Good Morning
Thank you for coming today.
There are weeks that change your life, and this one has dramatically changed mine. This searing experience has taught me, I hope permanently, that a public career of integrity cannot survive deceit in your private life.
My mistakes have caused hurt to my partner Sarah, to my family, my friends and supporters. To them – and to the women I treated disrespectfully – in front of you, I humbly apologize.
I want to apologize as a councillor, to my fellow councillors, for the negative attention I have brought upon them and to this chamber.
I want to apologize also to the communities across this city and to the young people who believed in me. It is my sincere hope that they continue to believe in themselves and their own abilities to make positive change.
Finally, I deeply apologize to my partner Sarah. The pain she endured for my mistakes was deeply unfair to her. She has shown a lot of strength in all of this which has only deepened my respect and admiration for her.
[This is the point at which Giambrone himself broke off.]
I said at the beginning of this campaign that I would listen and lead. I know I will hear from many in the city, and I will reflect on their counsel with care.
I will spend the next few days in private. My mayoralty campaign ends today. Beginning next week I will return to my normal duties as a councillor.
I will focus with renewed energy on the transformation of the TTC and on building Transit City for the people of Toronto.
Thank you to all my friends and supporters who helped us through these painful days."

Ford Nation Voting Habits.

I think he got a little boost for just being absent. Being back will hurt him more than it will help. There's no way he does not screw up in the next 4 months. He's been unable to do this for years. And this spa-rehab did not fix many of his other issues.

Also, how many of those who say they will vote for Ford will actually Vote. Ford Nation is comprised of the disengaged who do not read past the Toronto Sun headlines and are fueled by Hate Radio and, in many cases, their own demons. That is not the proportion of the populations that actually makes it to the polls.

Soooo, no addiction, just dishonesty in his relationship.

http://torontoist.com/2010/02/adam_giambrone_withdraws_from_mayoral_race/

Feburary 10, 2010

"Adam Giambrone just made a very brief appearance at City Hall to address the recent revelations that he has been involved in numerous relationships with women besides his live-in partner. Giambrone spoke for approximately ninety seconds, apologizing to his partner, his fellow councillors, and his supporters for what he called “the worst mistake of my life†in a statement he made to the Star late last night [mp3]. Unable to finish reading his prepared remarks, Giambrone left the podium and staffer Kevin Beaulieu took over, announcing that “his mayoralty campaign ends today.â€
The full text of today’s statement, including both the portions Giambrone delivered and sections which we were read out on his behalf, are after the jump. The Globe and Mail also has an audio recording available [mp3].
Good Morning
Thank you for coming today.
There are weeks that change your life, and this one has dramatically changed mine. This searing experience has taught me, I hope permanently, that a public career of integrity cannot survive deceit in your private life.
My mistakes have caused hurt to my partner Sarah, to my family, my friends and supporters. To them – and to the women I treated disrespectfully – in front of you, I humbly apologize.
I want to apologize as a councillor, to my fellow councillors, for the negative attention I have brought upon them and to this chamber.
I want to apologize also to the communities across this city and to the young people who believed in me. It is my sincere hope that they continue to believe in themselves and their own abilities to make positive change.
Finally, I deeply apologize to my partner Sarah. The pain she endured for my mistakes was deeply unfair to her. She has shown a lot of strength in all of this which has only deepened my respect and admiration for her.
[This is the point at which Giambrone himself broke off.]
I said at the beginning of this campaign that I would listen and lead. I know I will hear from many in the city, and I will reflect on their counsel with care.
I will spend the next few days in private. My mayoralty campaign ends today. Beginning next week I will return to my normal duties as a councillor.
I will focus with renewed energy on the transformation of the TTC and on building Transit City for the people of Toronto.
Thank you to all my friends and supporters who helped us through these painful days."

They also skipped the part where Ford likened his family to the Jackmans, though none of the other articles mentioned that Hal was actually there.

I also didn't realize that Mr. Jackman had a cracked-out sister whose main hobby is shoplifting oral hygeine products.

It is reported that someone in the audience spoke up to say "you are no Jackman" - as in "I knew Jack Kennedy, and you, sir, are no Jack Kennedy" (John Kerry to Dan Quail, who had compared himself to JFK). Grano talks tend to attract the kind of "folks" who would get the allusion to "potatoe" Quail immediately.

It's Doug we're talking about, so that = should be a >.

Did Jackman ever receive the highest Rotary Club honour (the one anybody can get for donating a few $k)? Didn't think so.
Did Jackman ever have a park named after him, where his son could go and drink Purple Jesus' and smoke crack? I don't think so.

Great comparison! Jackman and his foundation has donated multi-million to various causes over the years. RoDoFo's contribution thus far consists of giving away 20 bucks on TV at a time when they are under siege.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back