8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 9.25.56 AM.jpg

And another person belatedly discovers that Doug Ford Jr. is our Michele Bachman.

images.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 9.25.56 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 9.25.56 AM.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 715
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 702
Last edited:
Oh, them crazy eyes

Michele-Bachmann-Newsweek-cover_620x350.jpg
dfindex.jpg

Attachments

• dfindex.jpg
    dfindex.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 705
  • 1025bachmann.jpg
    1025bachmann.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 574
  • Michele-Bachmann-Newsweek-cover_620x350.jpg
    Michele-Bachmann-Newsweek-cover_620x350.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 685
It is reported that someone in the audience spoke up to say "you are no Jackman" - as in "I knew Jack Kennedy, and you, sir, are no Jack Kennedy" (John Kerry to Dan Quail, who had compared himself to JFK). Grano talks tend to attract the kind of "folks" who would get the allusion to "potatoe" Quail immediately.

Sorry to be pedantic, Pud,

"Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy" was a remark made during the 1988 United States vice-presidential debate by Democratic vice-presidential candidate Senator Lloyd Bentsen to Republican vice-presidential candidate Senator Dan Quayle."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senator,_you're_no_Jack_Kennedy

"Oh, them crazy eyes"

Crazy in the head, crazy in the bed. :)

Great comparison! Jackman and his foundation has donated multi-million to various causes over the years. RoDoFo's contribution thus far consists of giving away 20 bucks on TV at a time when they are under siege.

Well, the Fords have already equated themselves with the Kennedys, and Thug has compared Slob, favorably, to various famous parties, including Barack Obama, Mother Teresa, and Jesus Christ. By comparison, claiming they're just like the Jackmans is almost modest.

Well, the Fords have already equated themselves with the Kennedys, and Thug has compared Slob, favorably, to various famous parties, including Barack Obama, Mother Teresa, and Jesus Christ. By comparison, claiming they're just like the Jackmans is almost modest.

I can see a Time Magazine Person of the Year award for his worship soon! All bow before his magnificence!

AoD

but giroux was scheduled to retire in december 2013. so, wouldn't he have already been maxed out by then, and this is (what i'll call) overtime?

You can retire with an unreduced pension when your age plus years of service equal 80. Your pension is "maxed-out" at 70 per cent after 35 years of service. ie: You can not increase it.

Reasons to stay on the job after 35 years could include a sense of civic duty, overtime ( which is not included in OMERS ) or a promotion ( which would increase your retirement earnings ).

Without knowing the age or years of service of a member, it is impossible to calculate a pension. But, this explains the formula:

"OMERS Supplemental Pension Plan for Police, Firefighters and Paramedics"
http://www.omers.com/pdf/Supplemental_Plan_handbook.pdf

Can't forget Princess Di!

Sorry to be pedantic, Pud,

"Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy" was a remark made during the 1988 United States vice-presidential debate by Democratic vice-presidential candidate Senator Lloyd Bentsen to Republican vice-presidential candidate Senator Dan Quayle."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senator,_you're_no_Jack_Kennedy

That is not pedantic at all. (Nor is the proper spelling of "potatoe" Quayle.) I should have fact-checked myself (at least by googling, needless to say). Thanks!

I am a bit surprised (but not that much) that I misremembered the speaker, since I very much remember seeing his vividly evident indignation about Quayle's gall - although perhaps he let it get the better of him a little; the use of "Jack" (rather than "President") obviously was intended by Bentsen to position himself as an intimate of JFK in order to amp up his belittlement of Quayle as a callow pretender (kind of over-egging the pudding).

Sue-Ann Levy ‏@SueAnnLevy 4h

@ddale8 More highly mature/professional journalistic observations from the Star's award-winning investigative journalist.
WTF is her problem?.

Her problem, aside from her insistence that any criticism of Ford amounts to 'bullying', is right there in her tweet: 'WHERE'S MY AWARD?'

combined with that picture it almost seems like the title of a terrible album of DoFo speeches

BTW, that is his "official" City Councillor photo. Due to the seriousness of that occasion he toned down the shit-eating sociopath grin:

Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 10.31.45 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 10.31.45 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 10.31.45 AM.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 953
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back