News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the insanity of addiction. It has no logic. Seriously. If you are not a alcoholic/addict, you'll likely never wrap your head around many, many things they do.

A relapse when the stakes are highest is not only likely, but very probable. He has publicly documented substance abuse problems for 15 years. He admitted to smoking crack at the end of November. He then experienced a worldwide media presence AND a police probe that he was aware of AND the presence a full-time handler and still he only made it to January. He then went on a 4 month tear that ended up with him smoking crack with his sister on the front of the newspaper just over 2 months ago. He went and had a paid timeout/vacation at a "rehab", where he was seen at many bars and lent his car to a drunken woman who was not his wife, who parked the car behind the rehab on several nights. So yeah, don't let rehab narrative fool you. There is no way he makes it through the b(l)ender leading up to the election without getting back into the substances.

Whoever mentioned that he tends to lose it when something significant happens to him is bang on. There are winds blowing towards his house of cards in every direction. Think of the stories that are likely to come out in the media as the race heats up. The integrity commissioner investigation that will happen. An ongoing police probe that directly targets him. The very real potential that he fumbles the comeback story and his polls show him way behind in the race. Coming back home to the wife he doesn't get along with and kids who he recently lost custody of. A high-pressure competition for a job that he very likely doesn't enjoy or want beyond the night of the election.

Who knows, he may be wrangled/handled enough that nothing public comes out but at the very least, a drinking-pops-in-his-basement RoFo will not be capable of mounting a halfway decent camping. He only works from noon at the earliest when he is drinking/using drugs FFS.

I agree, addiction is hard to understand. My brother was 32 when he was told he had to stop drinking as he has cirrhosis of the liver. He has been to rehab and put on medication to help him stop drinking( antibuse). He stopped taking it when he felt better and went right back to drinking. My family has tried so many times to help , he won't let us. We had to force him into treatment against his will many times,. He decided to go on his own once. He was sober for 9 months and went back to drinking. We are sad because we know he is dying and his will to drink is more powerful than we know what to do. We can only watch as he slowly and painfully dies. He started drinking when he was a young teen. We cleaned his room when he was away at rehab( the last time) and found 103 empty mickeys of vodka that he was hoarding. Rehab was not amazing, he nearly died once from the detox alone. Rob Ford may be fooling the public when he returns, but he can't fool himself. If he was truly in rehab and has learned something than I hope he can succeed, but I feel he was in hiding because it was a way to save himself in the eyes of his supporters.

Robbie's "binge" and secret eating, especially comfort food, is a crutch for stress, so if he has lost weight then it is because of reducing stressors, like from CH, the media, and family.

This. Rob has lost some weight because he's been eating better and not drinking (apparently) for a few weeks in a structured environment. What happens next is anybody's guess. And none of this makes him a less terrible mayor. IMO, he doesn't actually like being mayor, he simply adores the status of the role. If he was actually doing the job, he would have done it when he had the chance. There's no evidence that he actually wanted to work beyond returning phone calls.

This. Rob has lost some weight because he's been eating better and not drinking (apparently) for a few weeks in a structured environment. What happens next is anybody's guess. And none of this makes him a less terrible mayor. IMO, he doesn't actually like being mayor, he simply adores the status of the role. If he was actually doing the job, he would have done it when he had the chance. There's no evidence that he actually wanted to work beyond returning phone calls.

Structured environment? Certainly not from the "well-hab" resort. And yes, he has no need to "binge" or secretly eat for the moment so he would eat healthier due to the removal of stressors for the time being.

I take it that you are asking what stress Robbie had/has at CH, or asserting that he has none. Well not being a leader and being called on it is one. The media is called the Wolf Pack for being unfair by asking questions, and not letting Robbie off the hook for his promises of transparency, that's reason number two. I could go on but I don't have a day or so for Robbie's problems at CH.

I don't think anyone in this topic has accused Robbie of liking being mayor; it's hard for a dictator in a democracy. "Ford" is a brand, and Robbie is promoting that brand under his mummies direction, well the best Robbie is able to muster with the prodding by Doggie and his own lack of maturity.

Yes, Robbie is an attention whore, just one of his darling traits from being the spoiled baby of the family. This is also a problem when he is not centre of attention.

Last edited:
Yes like others here, the first thing that stood out for me is his face, which doesn't appear to show any weight loss. If he is trimmer, it's because he's been working out, turning fat into muscle so he looks leaner. Just a bit leaner.
Connecting the word "lean" with Rob Ford doesn't work for me. He needs to get to lean before he become leaner - he might be lighter.

He's also dressed way more appropriately for his size. I don't think he's lost that much weight. Besides, and I really hope someone from the f'n media reads this, IT'S NOT ABOUT HIS WEIGHT! It's about a lot of things, but not his weight.

Just released from Campaign Manager Doug Ford:

2s17wpy.jpg

Daniel Dale has a piece in today's Star about Norm Kelly and the job he's done as deputy mayor. Of course, DMW was an asshole and said "He hasn't burned the house down", but I love how Dale's humour is coming through when writing about Kelly:

"Nobody has met his lawyer."

Pure gold.

Daniel Dale has a piece in today's Star about Norm Kelly and the job he's done as deputy mayor. Of course, DMW was an asshole and said "He hasn't burned the house down", but I love how Dale's humour is coming through when writing about Kelly:

"Nobody has met his lawyer."

Pure gold.

Do you have a link? I can't find it online.

Yes like others here, the first thing that stood out for me is his face, which doesn't appear to show any weight loss. If he is trimmer, it's because he's been working out, turning fat into muscle so he looks leaner. Just a bit leaner.

And yes like others here, his weight doesn't impress me one bit and I'm also sick and tired of that being the weak link to his rehab success.

You don't turn fat into muscle. If he's lost weight it's just water weight and a little bit of fat. The guy was 350 pounds and his bmr must have been close to 4k calories a day. Just not drinking 1500 calories a day will produce some results. Also, who cares. Like you and others have noted the problem isn't that he's fat.

so... he goes to foodland in port carling, and then to a moore's in barrie... what, no closer suit store?

however, the barrie location might make more sense if he's now in wasaga, like the tweets from those girls suggests.

and the grocery store trip was to stock up on things for wherever he's staying in wasaga?

edit: i missed this posted before...

No closer Moore's (I thought there might be one in Orillia, so I checked, nope)
Actually a suit would be hard to find in Muskoka, a cheap untailored one, like he's so fond of, even harder.

The Dale article is funny, and boils down to "look how swell it is to have a mayor who can walk and chew gum at the same time."

The Dale article is funny, and boils down to "look how swell it is to have a mayor who can walk and chew gum at the same time."

And nobody got the sh*t beat out of them! Life at City Hall is going to be very different starting tomorrow, regardless of how often he's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back