8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
dave seglins @cbcdaveseglins · 2h

Brace yourself world. #RobFord''s comeback begins tomorrow with newser @ city hal, sitdown TV interviews wednesday #TOpoli #cdnpoli

dave seglins @cbcdaveseglins · 2h

Watch #RobFord live on #CBC .ca on Wed at 12:30 as his post-rehab political machine kicks into high gear #TOpoli #cdnpoli What would u ask?

dave seglins @cbcdaveseglins · 1h

#RobFord fresh out of rehab set Wednesday for 10 min TV interviews. Tune-in Live at 12:30 on #CBC CBC.CA (others to follow). #TOpoli

Needless to say, he's getting an earful.

Looks like Rob might be dealing with lots of things when he returns:

David Hyde @davidhyde2 · 40m
I expect if there are further reports of threats/inappropriate behaviour by #RobFord at City Hall his access will be curtailed

David Hyde @davidhyde2 · 47m
#RobFord appears to have been under investigation for workplace violence prior to his hiatus. Watching for new developments upon his return

I expect if there are further reports of threats/inappropriate behaviour by #RobFord at City Hall his access will be curtailed

#RobFord appears to have been under investigation for workplace violence prior to his hiatus. Watching for new developments upon his return

Interesting. I have been pondering what it would take for Ford to be banned from the premises.

This is EXACTLY what needs to be done. He has to come back to work but realize that it is over. Any misuse of City Hall gets him barred. No more letting him drive the bus, this is his workplace for the time being, he either respects it and the people who are doing their jobs or he's gone. End of story.

I also have to wonder if there are more video cameras installed outside of the new one by his office. People at the sit in said the camera is now unwrapped and functional, but we still don't know when it was installed or why.

Do you have any idea what these tweets might be referring to, patty? Could this be about his barreling through the media a couple of months back, which is small beer, IMO. Or is Mr. Hyde pointing to something darker?

ETA: I asked David Hyde about this on twitter. If I get a reply, I'll pass it along here.

Last edited:
According to my source there are 2 additional camera's installed on the 2nd floor. The one outside the mayor's office was installed awhile ago in anticipation of demonstrations and disorderly conduct which never happened, consequently was never put on line. I also was informed several other cameras have been installed but I am not aware of the location. Remember if you intend to join the sit-in tomorrow it is a peaceful demonstration, no hateful behaviour, yelling or shoe throwing, no matter how tempting.

Do you have any idea what these tweets might be referring to, patty? Could this be about his barreling through the media a couple of months back, which is small beer, IMO. Or is Mr. Hyde pointing to something darker?

ETA: I asked David Hyde about this on twitter. If I get a reply, I'll pass it along here.

FYI. Here's what David said:

"All well-reported. Alleged threat against former City Hall security guard. Intoxicated behaviour after hrs at City Hall."

No closer Moore's (I thought there might be one in Orillia, so I checked, nope)
Actually a suit would be hard to find in Muskoka, a cheap untailored one, like he's so fond of, even harder.

he could have gone to stonehouse in port carling...

http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontario/Port-Carling/Stonehouse/6938140.html

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...es-risky-leap-into-higher-end/article1135991/

http://www.torontoplus.ca/toronto/venues/stonehouse

which is only a 15 min drive from greenestone. (vs. the 1 hour and 15 mins to get to moore's in barrie.)

Last edited:
“At the best of times, his fiery speeches were tinged with anger. In worse moments, it boiled over. Once, when he objected to an alderman’s comments, he rushed across the council chambers, grabbed the alderman by the collar, according to Jones, “and banged him by the neck and banged his head against the wall until he almost knocked him unconscious.†*

My old drinking buddy and a real man’s man, Fred Gardiner, got his skillz from Doug Ford Senior, who went on to sire and mentor Toby Coke's finest fambly. Rob’s just keeping up tradition. Nowadays, they call that “Conservatismâ€.

If you want something from somebody, “just beat it out of themâ€.

Then take two steps to the right of Attila The Hun.

* Perhaps surprisingly, that’s not RoFo, that’s Torontoist, describing ex-mayor Sam McBride.

Robyn Doolittle has been prevented from attending Ford's presser tomorrow. She ain't happy.

I just read her tweets. Can he get away with that? Seriously? Oh here we go, right from the start we have major issues....

ETA: Ok someone from the Globe is going, just not her. So beyond that, the issue is: not taking any questions.

Last edited:
he could have gone to stonehouse in port carling...

http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontario/Port-Carling/Stonehouse/6938140.html

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...es-risky-leap-into-higher-end/article1135991/

http://www.torontoplus.ca/toronto/venues/stonehouse

which is only a 15 min drive from greenestone. (vs. the 1 hour and 15 mins to get to moore's in barrie.)

He can get a suit at Moore's that will fit his fleeting weight loss for a coupla hundred bucks.. The one at Stonehouse would be expensive enough he'd actually *want* to stay thin enough to wear a few dozen times...

Last edited:
How can Ford invite a newspaper to cover the event and then specify which journalist can or cannot be sent to cover an event held on public property? Who would even think they had that right to dictate participation at that level? Sounds illegal to me.
I just read her tweets. Can he get away with that? Seriously? Oh here we go, right from the start we have major issues....

ETA: Ok someone from the Globe is going, just not her. So beyond that, the issue is: not taking any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back