News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so long ago (although dinosaurs did walk Yonge St then), Toronto's chief magistrate was associated with the PC party and was often called "the Tiny, Perfect Mayor". His name was David Crombie. (Some people may urinate in the park named after him, but I digress....)

Today we have a Large, Imperfect Mayor also associated with the PC party. (He may urinate in the park named after his father -- as well as many others.) His name is Rob Ford.

Heh! I'm totally old enough to get the joke. I'm impressed by the riff on the word "tiny". Back in the day, Tiny Perfect Mayor was a big newspaper and TV news story, over and over.

Physically, Crombie was not a big guy.

But metaphorically, Rob Ford, as a politician, is rapidly shrinking out of sight, no matter what's happening to his pant size, no? As scandal fodder, sadly, he'll be with us far into the future, I think.

Ford for dummies.jpg

https://twitter.com/throwitinmyhat/status/483463154358157313/photo/1

Feeling a strong urge to join twitter tonight...

Attachments

• Ford for dummies.jpg
    Ford for dummies.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 833
That Warmington piece might be a new low. It's really pathetic stuff. What a grovelling, simpering, pathetic excuse for a hack he is. I honestly don't understand how he sleeps at night and if The Sun has ANY credibility left (and I think they do) they'll can him first thing on Oct. 28 when the services he provides have become entirely obsolete.

The "press conference" tomorrow is already a blown PR move by the Fords. I may be naive thinking people will care that media are getting excluded - it's not like NOW readers haven't formed opinions on the guy after all. But Toronto Community News is also excluded and their reporter (the very good David Nickle) is president of the Press Gallery AND they haven't even responded to his questions about WTF they're doing. However improbable it is, I'd like to think somehow that will be enough to get the media to do SOMETHING, even if it's not a full-on boycott.

(My not-crazy dream? They're having a feed outside the room anyway and he's not talking to you directly anyway so set up your cameras and leave the room to watch/listen to the feed with everyone else. Staying in the room is just, low.)

you already know he's not going to say anything of substance and he is stage-managing you. You already know you can't ask questions, which should be all he's doing - I mean, he should just walk up to the podium, not make a speech and take questions, if he was even remotely improved from the scumbag he was. And you also know your colleagues are being deliberately excluded in a direct violation of everything your job ostensibly stands for. how can you go in there and dutifully take notes as he comes in and leaves? I don't get it.

(And as much as I think Massoudi et. al are just the lowest of the low for this stunt, I'm not sure what right Doolittle has to really be there. I think all media should be allowed in on principle but she said herself she wasn't going for the Globe but as "the author of Crazy Town," but, really....why? In the same vein, Massoudi said only one reporter per outlet will be allowed in so curious if The Sun is sending Peat or Warmington...I guess Joe has probably filed his "Most brilliant comeback since the Rumble in the Jungle" column anyway, so let Don handle it?)

That Warmington piece might be a new low. It's really pathetic stuff. What a grovelling, simpering, pathetic excuse for a hack he is. I honestly don't understand how he sleeps at night and if The Sun has ANY credibility left (and I think they do) they'll can him first thing on Oct. 28 when the services he provides have become entirely obsolete.

Yep.

Does anybody here have any insight into what goes on at Sun Media? To understate by several orders of magnitude, it can't be pleasant. Apparent humans have decided somehow that the company should let both Peat and Warmington get their messages out in print and on the web. One guy is trying really hard to be honest, accurate, and useful, and the other is ... well, words fail ...

She's probably thinking this is a nightmare and will want to decline his support. He's probably going to get a visit from a vile of bedbugs.

She (Stintz) is polling below Soknacki (even though she's a sitting councillor and former TTC head and much more visible than David).
She's not in a position to refuse anyone's support.

And how about this?
@ddale8
Tom Beyer, once one of Rob Ford's most loyal and longest-serving aides, endorses Karen Stintz for mayor.
https://twitter.com/tombeyer7/status/483285888592805888
@goldsbie
@ddale8 Well, that would appear to solve the mystery of who from Ford's office would ever conceivably hand a constituency list to Stintz.

“He really has worked hard,” said Zullo. “He is like a team leader in here. Everybody loves him. He will do whatever he can to help people in here and people feel the same about him.”

I have lost count how many times they have used the "leader" line since the first week of "well-hab".

Well, at least we know the past 60 days were all about campaigning, and donations. I wonder if the Ford campaign is directly paying for GS or is Deco.

And it's been stated before... how will weight loss and working out change Robbie and stop him from being a sexist, a misogynist, a racist, or a bigot?

Last edited:
Don't 'eff it up' Rob Ford

Rob Ford, welcome home. Hurrah! Now, back to work. DON’T EFF IT UP!

Every cellphone camera in the city is watching you. So is every American late night comic, Internet troll, maggot journo, bobblehead collector, and Olivia Chow.

You are the Most Famous Canadian in the World, of almost biblical proportions — the return of the prodigal crackhead.

This is more exciting than a Beatles reunion.

But, hey, no pressure, big fella.

[...]

Attention will turn back to you and the mayoral campaign — two months after you blundered into rehab and 118 days before the Oct. 27 vote.

Yes, 118 days. And nights. Long, hot, alluring nights fraught with parties, badass pals and other perils. Did I mention cellphone cameras?

One more bawdy, brawling entry in the Rob Ford Film Festival, and it’s back to making labels and tags for a living.

That would be a shame, since your political bent is so sensible — minus the crack, drunken stupors, colourful lingo and consorting with gangsters.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/06/29/dont-eff-it-up-rob-ford

Rob Ford's Return (June 30, 2014 - )

“He really has worked hard,” said Zullo. “He is like a team leader in here. Everybody loves him. He will do whatever he can to help people in here and people feel the same about him.”

I have lost count how many times they have used the "leader" line since the first week of "well-hab".

Well, at least we know the past 60 days were all about campaigning, and donations. I wonder if the Ford campaign is directly paying for GS or is Deco.

And it's been stated before... how will weight loss and working out change Robbie and stop him from being a sexist, a misogynist, a racist, or a bigot?

So, what, he's taking the football coach approach to getting better? I keep trying to imagine Ford getting deep, crying and shit, really dealing with his issues... slapping people on the back and giving them a hand, working out and trying not to drink, won't cut it to the core.

ETA: Then again, and no offense, men often deal with their stuff that way. Understandable, until they're really pressed into a corner.

Last edited:
So, what, he's taking the football coach approach to getting better? I keep trying to imagine Ford getting deep, crying and shit, really dealing with his issues... slapping people on the back and giving them a hand, working out and trying not to drink, won't cut it to the core.

ETA: Then again, and no offense, men often deal with their stuff that way. Understandable, until they're really pressed into a corner.

It has nothing about being a football coach, it has everything to do with promoting that he is a "leader" who has team building skills, the skills he has failed to show from day one of being mayor. Another promise made during the election.

In fact I don't recall anything Robbie has accomplished that needed leadership or team building, in the real world, especially as councillor. Ever hear of Woodbine Live?

Just another ploy to say he has changed and seen the light, just like only wanting to do any real work when councillors decided not to take his shit anymore.

Last edited:
in response to marcus mcgee's article...

Toronto Is So Much More Than the Core

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/mark-crowley/toronto-downtown-politics_b_5540115.html

Ha! Thanks for posting. I'm not Mark Crowley, FWIW, but I made the same point. People picked on some of my specific points but I stand by the larger argument. Gee's article, about how BIG Toronto is, was very small-minded geographically speaking. Was there any reference to Etobicoke, where people clearly feel alienated from what goes on downtown? Nah.
Whatever. Today, we have bigger problems.

(Also, he calls Gee, "McGee," which I thought was a joke at first but I think it's just a mistake...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back