5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot 2014-06-30 11.04.35.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-06-30 11.04.35.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-06-30 11.04.35.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 699
Ford has obviously told his kids he went away to lose weight. When he saw them in Wasaga that was what Warmington reported, their comments on his size.

Seems awfully weird that Warmington would call Ford on his cell, the trainer would answer, Ford would call out a few responses but otherwise would remain "in the background and saying he's just not into talking".

Ford has obviously told his kids he went away to lose weight. When he saw them in Wasaga that was what Warmington reported, their comments on his size.

Seems awfully weird that Warmington would call Ford on his cell, the trainer would answer, Ford would call out a few responses but otherwise would remain "in the background and saying he's just not into talking".

Yeah, it's all BS.

I doubt it. Just because they commented on his weight doesn't mean that's all he told them. After all, the story's all over the place about him going to rehab, they can't possibly have missed it.

As I understand it, a UTer's personal settings can affect the manner - including the size - in which an attachment to a post is displayed. However, it of course is true also that the nature (including the size) of an attachment can affect how it is displayed (including how much influence on that the UTer's personal settings might have).

When taking a screen shot of something (e.g., a tweet) in order to create an image to attach to a post, I find that the larger are the outside dimensions of the screen shot the more compressed is the resulting image when displayed in the post. So if I think that the image will be compressed to a point that it might be difficult to read, I try to remember to include a link to the source. Am example of this is the letter to Massoudi; when I saw in the preview of my post that it was quite compacted, I went back and added a link to the source.

To borrow a phrase: I'm not a computer genius, but at least Rob Ford makes me look like one.

Last edited:
I doubt it. Just because they commented on his weight doesn't mean that's all he told them. After all, the story's all over the place about him going to rehab, they can't possibly have missed it.
They're too young to understand "rehab", they were probably told he needed a rest and to lose weight. His daughter might understand some of it, depending on what she's seen and heard in the house. Poor kids, I can only imagine what they have gone through.

I dunno. I'd venture that his children do not read the papers (physical or on-line) or listen to or watch news programs, and they are young enough to swallow a story that "rehab" consists of "getting healtiher by losing weight". While they might well hear things from the kids they go to school with, etc., those children would tend to be roughly the same age and to have no very sophisticated understanding of what "rehab" is.

ETA: I am heartened about the likely accuracy of my guess by the fact that pattycakes has the same take.

Last edited:
As I understand it, a UTer's personal settings can affect the manner - including the size - in which an attachment to a post is displayed. However, it of course is true also that the nature (including the size) of an attachment can affect how it is displayed as well (including how much influence on that the UTer's personal settings might have).

When taking a screen shot of something (e.g., a tweet) in order to create an image to attach to a post, I find that the larger are the outside dimensions of the screen shot the more compressed is the resulting image when displayed in the post. So if I think that the image will be compressed to a point that it might be difficult to read, I try to remember to include a link to the source. Am example of this is the letter to Massoudi; when I saw in the preview of my post that it was quite compacted, I went back and added a link to the source.

To borrow a phrase: I'm not a computer genius, but at least Rob Ford makes me look like one.
This isn't a complaint, but it was too small for me and the link didn't work. Now I know you're not perfect pud99.:p

Marcus Gee ‏@marcusbgee 2m
Councillor Pam McConnell says she's still in physio after being bowled over by Rob Ford. #TOpoli

Of course, one must add that if the measure is being a gullible dupe then Ford's children could not begin to compete with Joe Warmington.

Marcus Gee ‏@marcusbgee 2m
Councillor Pam McConnell says she's still in physio after being bowled over by Rob Ford. #TOpoli

Did she ever lodge a complaint?
The one thing that drives me nuts is when folks keep complaining about his but don't report him.

(1) This isn't a complaint, but it was too small for me and the link didn't work. (2) Now I know you're not perfect pud99.:p

(1) I did not take it as a complaint in any manner. It is sometimes a problem with attachments.

(2) I'm afraid that you are too late to be a founding member, but you are most welcome to the large club of those who have had that demonstrated to them.

...the link didn't work.

Hmm. Odd. I posted two links today (one to the post on the Big Smoke blog and the other to Nikcke's letter). I just tried them again and they both worked. I can only wonder what is up with them not working for you, as I cannot see why they wouldn't.

Did she ever lodge a complaint?
The one thing that drives me nuts is when folks keep complaining about his but don't report him.

I have a very vague notion that she did complain in some manner, but I cannot say if that is false memory - especially as it seems hard to think of to whom she could have complained. Almost certainly if she did complain it would have been mentioned in this thread, so perhaps someone who is skilled at using a search engine to overcome that fact that the internal search feature for this forum is junk could take a look? (At which point the Casita logo* appears in the sky over City Hall.)

*To be designed by Sublime, when time allows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back